Today, 9/19, is the 6th Anniversary of Gamepedia's launch. Join us for an all-day Mega Stream on the Gamepedia Twitch channel! In addition, all users who log in during the anniversary week will receive a special achievement.
Programs and editors/NBTExplorer
|The contents of this page are not supported by Mojang AB, the Minecraft Wiki, the or the .|
Graphical NBT Editor
Windows, Mac, Linux (With use of Mono)
NBTExplorer is a low-level graphical NBT (Named Binary Tag) data editor for Minecraft. With a directory-tree interface for easily exploring multiple worlds, and support for the latest NBT standard, NBTExplorer is built on top of Substrate. Almost all things in a map in any Minecraft version is built with NBT, so you can usually change the datas for the newest version without updating NBTExplorer.
NBT tags control every world parameter, such as ender chest items, player's inventory, gamemode, whether the world is Hardcore or not and many other things. NBTEditor can be used to view and change data, with uses including:
- Changing level.dat, including but not only
- Locate in-game structures;
- Add or change items, and adding enchantments;
- Access to the world seed;
- Changing gamerules without usage of the
- Applying custom formatting to world or server names;
- Change the world's name;
- Change the players game mode, health, position and so on. For example, if the player is in an "illegal area" and can't port back with
/tp, this function can change the player's position.
- Change the settings for terrain generation, while it doesn't affect the generated chunks;
- Changing regions and chunks, including but not only
- Change the biomes for chunks;
- Change the mob datas or delete mobs. For example, if there are too many entities to cause crashes, this can delete the mobs;
- Change the block entity data. Including command blocks, chests, signs and so on.
- Standard NBT files (e.g. level.dat)
- Schematic files
- Uncompressed NBT files (e.g. idcounts.dat)
- Minecraft region files (*.mcr)
- Minecraft anvil files (*.mca)
- Cubic Chunks region files