Programs and editors
|The contents of this page are not supported by Mojang AB, the Minecraft Wiki, the or the .|
The Minecraft community has created thousands of programs and modifications that can be used to enhance the game.
List of programs and editors
- The Server software list is so large that it has a page of its own. Server wrappers can be used to help manage the server.
- There are several kinds of programs which deal with Mapping:
- Mappers create an overhead view of a world, usually outputted as a single graphic or Google Maps page.
- Viewers provide an interactive view into the world, sometimes in 3D.
- Map Editors let you directly alter a world outside of the game.
- Map generators create new terrain types and block patterns that aren't available normally.
- Mods add completely new features or modes of play to the core Minecraft game; there are a number of modding tools for creating and installing them.
- To make new entities within a mod, you'll also need a 3D modeler.
- Skinning and texturing programs help with designing player skins and texturing entities.
- Resource pack builders help you with creation of resource packs which can change the appearance of the world.
- Inventory editors do what their name suggests.
- Backup utilities make it easy to play your favorite worlds on mulitple computers as well as giving you peace of mind knowing that your worlds are safe.
- Reference programs provide useful information, though they do not interact with the game directly.
- 3D Exporters allow Minecraft worlds to be converted into 3D objects.
- Commandblock helpers create, compile and/or bundle languages and text files to commandblocks
- Finally, there are Specialized programs for simulating Redstone circuits, altering game files at a low level, and other purposes that don't fit into another category.
There is also a small collection of mobile applications for iOS and Android devices such as BlockLauncher (BlockLauncher will not work for iOS unless the device is jailbroken).
Some .NET applications may require Mono to run on Mac and Linux.
Programs that are not updated to work with recent versions of Minecraft are moved to the outdated page.