Today, 9/19, is the 6th Anniversary of Gamepedia's launch. Join us for an all-day Mega Stream on the Gamepedia Twitch channel! In addition, all users who log in during the anniversary week will receive a special achievement.
From Minecraft Wiki
May 15, 2009
- Spawn Human mobs by pressing G.
- Block picking using the number keys 1–6.
- Block particles.
- Support for different block types and dynamic blocks.
- Full screen mode.
- Grass exists on dirt while under light.
- Grass blocks revert to dirt when they are no longer under light.
- Changed from "Minecraft: Order of the Stone" to "Minecraft".
- While some sources imply that this version was released on May 16, it was actually released at 10:52 pm UTC on May 15 (which is 12:52 am on May 16, Sweden time).