We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|This page contains content that is no longer in the game.
These features only exist in outdated versions of Minecraft.
NOTE: This table needs to be reviewed. The example potion IDs listed are not pre 1.9.
|Potion Effect||Regular||Level II||Extended||Splash||Level II Splash||Extended Splash||IDs|
|Fire Resistance||8195||8227 (r)||8259||16387||16419 (r)||16451||12|
|Instant Health||8197||8229||8261 (r)||16389||16421||16453 (r)||6|
|Night Vision||8198||8230 (r)||8262||16390||16422 (r)||16454||16|
|Weakness||8200||8232 (r)||8264||16392||16424 (r)||16456||18|
|Slowness||8202||8234 (r)||8266||16394||16426 (r)||16458||2|
|Harming||8204||8236||8268 (r)||16396||16428||16460 (r)||7|
|Water Breathing||8205||8237 (r)||8269||16397||16429 (r)||16461||13|
|Invisibility||8206||8238 (r)||8270||16398||16430 (r)||16462||14|
(r) = Reverted Potion
- Bits 0-3 (1, 2, 4 and 8) determine the potion effect. The highest legitimately available is currently 14 decimal = 1110 binary.
- Bits 0-5 (1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32) determine the potion's name.
- If bit 5 (32) is true, the potion is a level II potion (or, in some cases, a reverted potion).
- If bit 6 (64) is true, the potion is an extended potion (or, in some cases, a reverted potion).
- Potions with bits 5 and 6 set to true cannot be brewed.
- Bits 13 and 14 (8192 and 16384) determines whether the potion is a drinkable potion or a splash potion. If bit 13 is true, it's drinkable. If 14 is true, it's a splash potion.
- Bits 7-12 and 15 are ignored, so many potions with distinct data values will have the same properties.