Obtaining[edit | edit source]
|Breaking time[note 1]|
- Times are for unenchanted tools in seconds.
Natural generation[edit | edit source]
Podzol generates only in mega taiga biomes.
Endermen[edit | edit source]
Endermen can pick up podzol blocks, and will drop the block they are holding if killed.
Usage[edit | edit source]
Like mycelium, podzol allows mushrooms to be placed on it no matter the light level, which allows the growth of huge mushrooms. Unlike mycelium, Saplings, all kind of flowers and sugar canes can be placed on it normally.
Data values[edit | edit source]
Podzol has only one possible tile name:
minecraft:dirt, which it shares with dirt. The tile data field defines which block is displayed. Podzol has the Numerical ID 243 (
minecraft:podzol) in Pocket Edition.
Block data[edit | edit source]
- See also: Data values
Block state[edit | edit source]
- See also: Block states
||If true, Podzol in particular uses a snowy side and top texture.
In-game, this is true when dirt has snow or snow (layer) on top.
Video[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
|1.8||Podzol no longer displays dirt as its side texture if a block is placed above.|
|1.9||15w31a||Podzol can now be obtained by killing an enderman that is holding the block.|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.9.0||build 1||Added podzol.|
|0.12.1||Podzol can now be obtained using the silk touch enchantment.|
|0.14.0||build 1||Podzol can now be obtained by killing an enderman that is holding the block.|
|TU31||CU19||1.22||Patch 3||Added podzol.|
Issues[edit | edit source]
Issues relating to “Podzol” are maintained on the issue tracker. Report issues there.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Unlike other similar blocks, podzol will never spread to dirt blocks, nor will it turn into dirt if a solid block is placed on top of it, no matter how long the block remains on top of it. This is because podzol is a type of soil, and has the same Block ID as dirt, just a different data value.
- Similarly, neither grass nor mycelium can spread to podzol.
- Podzol can be picked up by endermen.
- In real life, podzol is a type of acidic, infertile soil found in subarctic taiga biomes and pine forests. Podzol literally means "under-ash" in Russian because it contains a layer of ashy soil that has been drained or leeched of nutrients. This explains why it does not spread like grass or mycelium as it is not an actual plant or fungus, nor can grass or mycelium spread onto it because it is infertile.