Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
dec: 243 hex: F3 bin: 11110011
|— Duncan Geere|
|Breaking time[note 1]|
- Times are for unenchanted tools in seconds. For more information, see Haste § Instant mining.
Large spruce tree
Wandering traders have 1⁄6 chance to sell 3 podzol for 3 emeralds.
Like mycelium, podzol allows mushrooms to be placed on it no matter the light level, which allows the growth of huge mushrooms. Unlike mycelium, saplings, all kind of flowers and sugar canes can be placed on it normally.
|Name||Default value||Allowed values||Description|
|snowy||If true, the block uses a snowy side and top texture.|
In-game, this is true when a snow block or snow is on top.
|1.8||?||Podzol will no longer display dirt as its side texture, if a block is placed above.|
|1.9||15w31a||Podzol can now be obtained by killing an enderman that is holding the block.|
|1.13||17w47a||The different variant block states for the |
|Prior to The Flattening, this block's numeral ID was 3.|
|18w06a||Podzol will now replace the ground around large spruce trees when they are grown.|
|1.14||18w43a||Podzol will now generate in the new bamboo jungle biomes.|
|19w08a||Changed the texture of podzol.|
|19w12a||Podzol now has random orientations when placed, similar to Grass Blocks.|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.9.0||build 1||Added podzol.|
|0.12.1||?||Podzol can now be obtained using the Silk Touch enchantment.|
|0.14.0||build 1||Podzol can now be obtained by killing an enderman that is holding the block.|
|1.9.0||beta 184.108.40.206||Podzol will now generate in the new bamboo jungle biomes.|
|1.10.0||beta 220.127.116.11||Podzol can now be obtained via trading with wandering traders.|
|Legacy Console Edition|
|TU31||CU19||1.22||Patch 3||Added podzol.|
|New Nintendo 3DS Edition|
- Unlike other similar blocks, podzol will never spread to dirt blocks, nor will it turn into dirt if a solid block is placed on top of it, no matter how long the block remains on top of it.
- Similarly, neither grass nor mycelium can spread to podzol.
- Podzol can be picked up by endermen.
- In real life, podzol is a type of acidic, infertile soil found in subarctic taiga biomes and pine forests. Podzol literally means "under-ash" in Russian because it contains a layer of ashy soil that has been drained or leeched of nutrients. This explains why it does not spread like grass or mycelium as it is not an actual plant or fungus, nor can grass or mycelium spread onto it because it is infertile.
- "Block of the Week: Podzol" – Minecraft.net, September 1, 2017