Pocket Edition v0.2.1 alpha
March 14, 2012
- New controller option – Split Touch controls
- This option may be more suitable for devices with larger screens. The cross hair is in the right half of the screen.
- Added bookshelves in Creative mode.
- Sugar cane is now infinite (unable to collect them).
- Pigs now naturally spawn.
- Flying is changed – ascend/descend by sliding from the center button to the up/down button.
- Bigger screens have more hotbar icons.
- Blocks now have 'cracking' animation when destroying them.
- The circle shown when breaking blocks is sharper.
- Oak trees now generate with spruce wood instead of oak wood. Because of this, oak wood is unobtainable in survival.
Not including v0.2.1 alpha2, there are two versions of the 0.2.1 alpha.
- Version: 0.2.1(2015), Size: 2.84 MB
- Version: 0.2.1(2017), Size: 2.79 MB
Any other changes between the two versions are not currently known.
v0.2.1j alpha was released on Google Play on an unknown release date. The internal version is 0.2.1(2011), and has a size of 1.62 MB.
A free J-version demo of v0.2.1 alpha was released on Google Play on an unknown release date. The internal version is the same as the j version.
- "Minecraft - Pocket Edition Update is out!" , March 14, 2012.