Pocket Edition v0.2.0 alpha
Android – February 10, 2012
v0.2.0 alpha was a major update to Minecraft: Pocket Edition. It added Survival mode as well as other changes and fixes. This version is the start of the Android and iOS devices having the same features cross-platform.
- All worlds created before alpha 0.2.0 will be in Creative.
- Tap the jump button twice to initiate flight. From there, double tap and hold up or down to ascend or descend respectively.
- Daylight cycle
- Crafting is not yet available, making tools and anything that cannot be naturally acquired not obtainable in survival:
- Although it is survival, the user can still see all items in their inventory as though in creative mode, but cannot use them unless having gathered the respective material.
- This effectively works as the inventory, but lacks the standard 2×2 crafting grid from the original inventory.
- The following materials are in infinite stacks, which is indicated by ∞ (infinity) symbols:
- When an item that has not been gathered is selected, the player's fist is shown.
- Added a hitpoints bar (health will slowly regenerate, similar to peaceful difficulty in the Java Edition).
- Added an oxygen bar when underwater, adding the ability to drown and die.
- Added death with options to respawn or go to main menu.
- When breaking materials, any material can be gathered regardless of what tool is used.
v0.2.0 alpha was reuploaded on Android later on February 11, 2012, to fix a major bug where some phones crashed while trying to create a new world. The internal versions for both builds are as follows:
Both versions are 2.72 MB in size.
v0.2.0j alpha was released on Google Play on an unknown release date. The internal version is 0.2.0(2003), and has a size of 1.58 MB.
A free J-version demo of v0.2.0 alpha was released on Google Play on an unknown release date. In mid-2014, it was removed from Google Play. The internal version is the same as the j-version.
A free Lite version was released on between February 17 and 20, 2012. In mid-2014, it was removed from App stores. The internal version is not currently known.