Pocket Edition v0.15.0 alpha
Android – June 10, 2016
v0.15.0, the first release of the Friendly Update, was a major update to Minecraft: Pocket Edition that was released on June 10 and 13, 2016. It added many new features such as pistons, horses, the full implementation of Realms, name tags, achievements, jungle temples, carrots on sticks, and many other new additions and changes.
During the development of the Friendly Update, Pocket Realms was essentially finished but still had to be beta-tested – three builds were released to the public to test. Unofficially, these builds were referred to in-game as "Alpha 0.15.0" (only the first one), but the developers had stated they did not contain the new features yet. Afterwards, regular beta builds for the full update were rolled out like normal, and the full implementation of Realms came in the official release of 0.15. This version dropped support for Android 2.3 Gingerbread and iOS 6.
- Version exclusive: Observer
- BUD Block
- Pistonses and sticky pistons
- Carrot on a stick
- Cooked mutton
- Fire charge
- Horse armor
- Name tags
- Raw mutton
- Tipped arrows
- Version exclusive: Potions can be made with cauldrons.
- Version exclusive: Husk
- Version exclusive: Stray
- Version exclusive: Wither skeleton
- Jungle temple
- New village types
- Taiga village
- Version exclusive: Ice plain village
- Version exclusive: Cold taiga village
- Savanna village
- Zombie village
- Achievements for iOS and Android
- Version exclusive: More achievements.
- Interact buttons
- Pig riding
- Version exclusive: New sound when accelerates.
- Moved hunger bars and health to above the hotbar (Large devices only)
- Resource packs
- Some resource packs aren't complete.
- In the game and the options menu, they are referred to as texture packs, but in the game, when you manage the available resource packs from the options menu, there are options to move them around and select multiple resource packs, like in the PC version. Also, in the files, there is a folder called resource_packs, where the resource pack files are stored.
- Version exclusive: Added "BAYKN" splash
- Online multiplayer with Xbox Live friends.
- New UI for the main menu, shared with the Windows 10 Edition.
- New UI for the skins menu, it has skin selection carousel that is similar to Console Edition.
- Version exclusive: Added eating animation for animals when feeding them.
- No longer require supporting blocks.
- Now have sounds when placed and broken.
- Nether reactor core
- Rose bush
- Texture is ported from Console Edition
- Texture is ported from Console Edition
- Now lose durability when breaking any kind of block.
- Can now be crafted with eight paper and a compass. The option to use nine paper still exists.
- All Mobs
- When named to "Dinnerbone" or "Grumm" make mobs upside-down.
- Wither skeletons
- Added animation when walking with a sword.
- When renamed to "Toast" they change their texture.
- Can now rarely spawn in the Nether with a 1⁄153 rate.
- Compared to 100⁄153 for zombie pigmen.
- Can now naturally pick up netherrack.
- Title screen
- New scroll bar
- Online play uses less bandwidth.
- Note blocks are louder.
- When player's name is Dinnerbone or Grumm, the player's model changes to an upside-down model.
- Drops iOS 7 and earlier support; iOS 8 or later required
- Removed some splashes:
- "Notch <3 ez!"
- "Seecret Friday update!"
- Changed some splashes:
- "Uses C++!" to "Made in C++!"
- "minecraftApp!" to "MCPE!"
- "The Work of Notch!" to "The Work of Many!"
- "Play minecraftApp, Watch Topgear, Get Pig!" to "Play Minecraft, Watch Topgear, Get Pig!"
- Inventory button
- Now is more transparent.
- Fixed a lot of crashes.
- Fixed a couple of bugs causing data to be lost or world corruption.
- A whole bunch of redstone fixes from the community feedback.
- Lots of multiplayer desynchronization fixes.
- Less flickering of the block selection highlight.
- Glass doesn’t become green anymore.
- Fixed chests generation in dungeons and desert temples.
- Walking far from spawn generates a lot less jittering now.
- – Can't see water under ice.
- – When red sand falls on torches it turns into regular sand.
- – Cactus on hotbar has broken texture.
- – Chests in desert temple generation bug.
- – Note Block's audio is too low.
- – Incorrect position when fence gate is opened.
- – Fly and Sneak float (touch input).
- – Desert temple generation glitch.
- – Cobblestone wall are connected to sideways fence gate.
- – Items and yourself cannot fall into cauldrons.
- – Hopper texture bug.
- – Angry Wolf texture missing.
- – Nether Wart block has wrong shape when placed at soul sand.
- – Paintings not adhered to the wall.
- – Cannot Shift + place containers whilst flying.
- – Lava rendering issue as seen in the Nether.
- – The player can put torches, ladders, and vines in pressure plates and daylight sensor.
- – Redstone does not align correctly when "cut" by farmland block and grass path block.
- – Fences and Cobblestone Wall placed in Item Frames are invisible.
- – Colored armor doesn't show color when in hotbar, but does when you tap inventory button.
- – Crash.
- This update had the shortest amount of development builds to date for a major update, with 3 (6 if Realms is included) builds being released in the timespan of only 10 days.
- This update was the second to have an official name.
- This update had the most minor versions of any Pocket Edition update, with 10.
- "What's in 0.15, The Friendly Update, for Pocket / Win 10?" - Mojang, June 3, 2016