Pocket Edition v0.10.0 alpha/Development versions
- 1 v0.10.0 alpha build 1
- 2 v0.10.0 alpha build 2
- 3 v0.10.0 alpha build 3
- 4 v0.10.0 alpha build 4
- 5 v0.10.0 alpha build 5
- 6 v0.10.0 alpha build 6
- 7 v0.10.0 alpha build 7
- 8 v0.10.0 alpha build 8
- 9 v0.10.0 alpha build 9
- 10 Notes and references
This is a list of Pocket Edition v0.10.0 alpha development versions.
v0.10.0 alpha build 1 is the first build version released for v0.10.0.
- Upgraded the rendering system to use OpenGL ES 2.0 (coming from 1.1), using OpenGL 3.0 where available.
- Ported tinted lighting from Java Edition.
- Ported the round fog from Java Edition.
- Some performance increase on most devices.
- Mesa biomes have gold at every elevation and can spawn mine shafts on the surface.
- Added dust particles falling from unstable gravel and sand.
- Added more wood types for fences and gates.
- Added adjustable brightness (gamma) setting to adjust the darkness of dark terrain.
- iOS: Added a 64-bit build for compatible iOS devices.
- New double-sided lighting on entities and clouds that's more coherent with the terrain.
- Enabled mipmaps on Android devices supporting GLES 3.0.
- New water shader.
- Water is now brownish in swamps.
- Faster rebuilding of chunks.
- Added smooth lighting on water and smooth color transitions.
- Huge mushrooms now spawn in swamps.
- Ignore swipes from outside the screen so exiting fullscreen/activating Control Center doesn't turn the view.
- The selection overlay on vines/tall grass now has the correct shape.
- Added a selection overlay on Chests and Signs.
- The error messages when a World can't be opened are now more informative about what happened.
- Enabled Day/night cycle in Creative.
13 bugs fixed
- Fixed a crash when rendering Mob Spawners.
- iOS: Fixed freezing when receiving a notification/showing the Control Center.
- iOS: Fixed a crash/memory leak happening when showing the system keyboard - signs and the chat.
- Android: fixed a corruption and possible crash when switching apps.
- Fixed the "spawning in the air" bug.
- Fixed a crash when creating lava during world generation.
- Water now pushes things
- Fixed a white artifact on torches held in hand.
- Fixed holes appearing in the clouds.
- Fixed a brown artifact appearing on the bottom of Minecarts.
- Fixed a random crash in multiplayer.
- Fixed a possible crash when selecting double chests.
- The time of day is now more accurately synced in multiplayer.
v0.10.0 alpha build 2 is the second build version released for v0.10.0.
- Added smooth lighting back on leaves.
- Smoother depth transitions between swamps and normal water.
- The "round fog" is now actually round.
28 bugs fixed
- Added back the cross-hair when using Split Controls or the bow.
- Fixed a lot of graphical issues when using Fancy on some old GPUs (PowerVR SGX535, SGX531, SGX540)
- Fixed a crash when rendering minecarts.
- Fixed a random crash when starting some worlds.
- Fixed a crash when emitting particles.
- Fixed disappearing GUI and weird mob bodies when having certain items on screen.
- Fixed missing sides on slabs.
- Fixed signs text showing through walls.
- Fixed items having an incorrect lighting.
- Fixed items blinking white when next to a blinking TNT.
- Items no longer push you when falling.
- Fixed an issue with 3rd person camera not raycasting through non solid blocks.
- Fixed arrows getting stuck on non solid blocks.
- Fixed falling tiles getting stuck on torches.
- Fixed mineshafts spawning a ton of wooden platforms if discovered at night.
- Fixed mushrooms appearing in deserts at night.
- Fixed black lines on torches.
- Mooshrooms now consume bowls when "milked".
- Fixed a possible crash when falling under the world.
- Bed undersides now have the correct texture.
- Fixed Mob Spawner particles.
- Fixed damage bars in inventories.
- Water in dark places doesn't have bright borders anymore.
- Fixed water transparency under lily pads in swamps.
- Glass blocks don't have flickering faces between each other anymore.
- Fixed colors of vines.
- Baby animals are now able to swim without sinking.
- Fixed weird water colors when placing blocks on deep water.
v0.10.0 alpha build 3 is the third build version released for v0.10.0.
5 bugs fixed
- The game doesn't get stuck on a black screen anymore on devices where it happened.
- The player won't spawn anymore in the air or under bedrock.
- Fixed a graphics corruption/crash happening when starting the game with Fancy OFF and turning it on.
- Fixed flickering terrain and water in the distance on some devices.
- The game doesn't freeze anymore when going to sleep.
v0.10.0 alpha build 4 is the fourth build version released for v0.10.0.
- Glass walls have again only one side as in PC
- The game now limits its CPU usage when in the background
12 bugs fixed
- Fixed all black screen issues
- Fixed missing stencil shadows on many devices
- Removed black lines from torches and flowers on PowerVR devices
- Fixed excessively close underwater fog with Fancy disabled
- Slope rails now have a correct hitbox
- Fixed the amount of dyes obtained from flowers and bones
- Fixed spawning in leaves
- Fixed a crash/corruption happening on app switch/reset
- Fixed a biggish memory leak on world creation
- Now showing shadows on alphatested tiles (glass, leaves)
- Chickens don't have a black artifact under their head anymore
- The brightness of the player in the armor inventory doesn't follow the in-world brightness anymore
v0.10.0 alpha build 5 is the fifth build version released for v0.10.0.
9 bugs fixed
- Fixed a crash or graphics corruption when underwater
- Fixed black screen on startup on yet more devices
- Fixed black lines on the sides of doors
- Reenabled OpenGLES 3 and mipmaps
- Possibly fixed some depth precision issues
- Chat messages are now cleared when switching worlds
- The game doesn't forget the settings change if quitting before exiting the options screen now
- Fixed sensitivity lowering itself automatically
- Destroying a door by removing the underlying block now correctly yields a door item
v0.10.0 alpha build 6 is the sixth build version released for v0.10.0.
- Walking animations are generally faster and have been tweaked per-animal.
- Better fog on clouds, starting farther away and following the sky color.
9 bugs fixed
- Chunks shouldn't fail anymore to be saved.
- Fixed (again) the black screen problem on Android.
- Fixed a possible crash on clients when the server quits the game.
- Fixed growing crops not being saved.
- Fixed empty chests and mob spawners found in mineshafts and strongholds.
- Joining a world as a client doesn't reset the spawn position to the login position anymore.
- Mobs don't disappear anymore on clients if the client selects "Peaceful" difficulty.
- Clients on "Peaceful" don't auto-heal anymore if playing on a "Normal" difficulty server.
- The underwater fog now has the correct color in swamps.
v0.10.0 alpha build 7 is the seventh build version released for v0.10.0.
- The clouds and the terrain are now tinted red during sunset.
- Modders can now use shader version 300 if they wish to.
- Possibly made text rendering (especially non-ASCII) much faster.
- Added back water sounds.
4 bugs fixed
- Fixed an issue with server discovery.
- (Android) Fixed audio remaining muted after switching apps.
- Can sleep again when connecting to a server.
- The player is now rotated correctly when sleeping.
v0.10.0 alpha build 8 is the eighth build version released for v0.10.0.
1 bug fixed
- Fixed all characters being broken.
v0.10.0 alpha build 9 (RC1) is the ninth and final build version and first and only release candidate for v0.10.0, as well as the final build version released in 2014.
- Beds are now easily placed on replaceable tiles like tall grass
5 bugs fixed
- Fixed number of blocks/items not showing up in toolbar and item panes
- Fixed crash when shutting down server while client has chest/furnace open
- Fixed entities in multiplayer, they should now work as expected
- Door are now correctly updated (when opened/closed) on clients
- Added back the moving item animation in chests