Bedrock Edition mentioned features
Many features have been mentioned for inclusion in the Bedrock Edition.
Note that this page only documents features that were mentioned but are not yet in the game. Features in development versions are described on the parent version page
- 1 Planned
- 2 Partially implemented
- 3 Mentioned
- 4 From the Java Edition
- 5 References
The 4K Update is an upcoming aesthetic update for Bedrock Edition with no set release date. It will add a 4K HDR graphics option. The Super Duper Graphics Pack will be added to the marketplace at the same time.
The update is delayed and as of April 2018 will not be coming out anytime soon due to internal issues.
|— Tamer Jeison|
PlayStation 4 inclusion
These features had been shown by a Mojang staff member, but either had no further development or were canceled shortly after.
Minecart with Furnace
On January 23, 2016 Tommaso stated that he'd like to add Minecart with Furnace, but is unsure of how to implement and Minecart with Furnace was implemented only as a texture.
These features were mentioned at one point, but later abandoned or their current status is unknown. Note that some of these features were mentioned by developers who either no longer work at Mojang, or Minecraft.
There have been a number of mentioned changes to world generation from the developers. Tommasso had planned a Far biome, found at the edge of finite worlds was going to be implemented in 0.9.0 but was delayed for unknown reasons. He also proposed a unique underworld underground structure and a dream dimension, however none of these ideas came to fruition.
Tommaso stated on reddit that he would like to add a "difficulty" number that mobs could have depending on their circumstances, such as resource that it spawns from and weather. This would vary the amount of hostile mobs at night and the amount of resources gained from each biome. He also stated that he would like more biome-specific mobs as well as biomes with specific difficulty/mob distributions.
Many of these ideas were reiterated again at MINECON 2016, where the developers stated they could either port the world generation changes from PC or create a new world generation altogether. They said this new world generation system could have better progression over time with harder biomes further from spawn, more space underground, possibly raising sea level to y=96 and making the terrain less predictable.
At MINECON 2016, the developers mentioned potential future improvements to the controls to make them vector-based, allowing full mouse support on Android and having better in-built controller support.
In addition, at a previous panel, they also mentioned the ability to remap long touch to hardness-based touch (3D Touch) for capable iPhones.
In a Twitch stream previewing the Nintendo Switch version, the developers mentioned that they would like to look into adding motion-controlled aiming, but currently have no plans to add it.
Other world sizes
Tommasso stated on reddit that they may make other limited world sizes available, in addition to the current Old world type (256×256). Mentioned world sizes were 1000×1000 and 10000×10000. The addition of different world sizes was again mentioned at MINECON 2016.
PlayStation 4 version
Mojang and Microsoft have stated that they want to make the Bedrock Edition available for the PlayStation 4, replacing the Legacy Console PlayStation 4 Edition. They are in discussions with Sony, but so far Sony has not approved.
Loading external files on console
Roger Carpenter talked about this in a stream of the 1.2 beta for Xbox One. They would like for the console versions to support the loading of files from external media such as a USB stick. This would allow the use of Add-Ons, custom worlds, skins and resource packs, etcetera, like on the other platforms. However, console companies are worried about "security issues" that this could cause. Other games that loaded content from external media have sometimes been exploited by hackers to run unauthorized code on consoles. If loading Add-Ons from external media is not an option, they will "work it out some other way".
These features were briefly mentioned, but no further information was given after that.
- Mentioned in 2016
- Mentioned in 2018
- Nether pearls
More specific features
- Mentioned in 2013
- Demo/lite version re-release
- Mentioned in 2015
- Minecraft for Google Cardboard.
- The following mobs were mentioned in a Q&A session, which although far fetched were tossed around – penguins and wizards (but not spell-casting).
- Smoother auto-jump/auto-climb
From the Java Edition
All features from Java Edition will make their way to Bedrock Edition sometime in the future.[better source needed] Specific mentions include:
- Hardcore mode
- Spectator mode
- Sharing worlds on all Bedrock Edition versions
- Mojang account sync on Bedrock Edition (i.e. being able to use Mojang account for skins etc)
- 3D dropped item spinning animations on capable devices
- Java Edition 1.9 combat mechanics
- New note block sounds from Java Edition 1.12.
- More commands
- Banner map markers.
- Item frame being placed on floors and ceilings.
- "All the News From E3!" – Minecraft.net, June 11, 2017
- "I think it’s pretty cool, those huge “underworlds" are scary & buildable :) But we have no time to polish them, so perhaps 9.1!" – @_tomcc, March 14, 2014
- https://m.twitch.tv/mojang/v/19541608, October 7, 2015
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILG2fSzunJ0  October 21, 2016
- "Better Together FAQ" – Minecraft.net, September 20, 2017
- "Had a feeling of being followed for a while. Finally got proof. Restraining order has been filed. Pls report if seen" – @argo_major, January 24, 2016
- "In MCPE news, working on Oculus this week, specifically on autoclimb. It means that the player should follow the terrain like a minecart!" – @_tomcc, November 30, 2015
- "[@_tomcc and hardcore?] @axelcervantes39 0.9.1, maybe! I want to add it, but it's hardly "required" for this update :P" – @_tomcc, May 16, 2014
- "#minecraft – Official Minecraft Discord" by HelenAngel. "Spectator mode is coming to Bedrock"
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ruf6tvqsD84 , May 4, 2014
- "@MC_News_Germany @Negeerbeerr Yep, it will be added to MCPE eventually, we just need to figure out the best way to do shields on touch" – @jeb_, March 21, 2017
- "[Are advancements also coming to pocket?] Yes" – @Dinnerbone, March 29, 2017
- "[Come the new sounds to MCPE 1.1 too?] Yes, eventually" – @jeb_, April 28, 2017
- "We're still working on the command implementation in Bedrock. More will come." – @slicedlime, July 1, 2017
|Legacy Console Edition|