Pocket Edition mentioned features
Many features have been mentioned for inclusion in the Pocket Edition.
Note that this page only documents features that were mentioned but are not yet in the game. Features in development versions are described on the parent version page.
There have been a number of mentioned changes to world generation from the developers. Tomasso had planned a Far biome, found at the edge of finite worlds was going to be implemented in 0.9.0 but was delayed for unknown reasons. He also proposed a unique underworld underground structure and a dream dimension, however none of these ideas came to fruition.
Tommaso stated on reddit that he would like to add a "difficulty" number that mobs could have depending on their circumstances, such as resource that it spawns from and weather. This would vary the amount of hostile mobs at night and the amount of resources gained from each biome. He also stated that he would like more biome-specific mobs as well as biomes with specific difficulty/mob distributions.
Many of these ideas were reiterated again at Minecon 2016, where the developers stated they could either port the world generation changes from PC or create a new world generation altogether. They said this new world generation system could have better progression over time with harder biomes further from spawn, more space underground, possibly raising sea level to y=96 and making the terrain less predictable.
In addition, Cave Culling 2.0 is one of the items on Tomasso's to-do list.
At Minecon 2016, the developers mentioned potential future improvements to the controls to make them vector-based, allowing full mouse support on Android and having better in-built controller support.
In addition, at a previous panel, they also mentioned the ability to remap long touch to hardness-based touch (3D Touch) for capable iPhones.
Other world sizes
Tomasso stated on reddit that they may make other limited world sizes available, in addition to the current Old world type (256×256). Mentioned world sizes were 1000×1000 and 10000×10000. The addition of different world sizes was again mentioned at Minecon 2016.
Loading external files on console
Roger Carpenter talked about this in a stream of the 1.2 beta for Xbox One. They would like for the console versions to support the loading of files from external media such as a USB stick. This would allow the use of Add-Ons, custom worlds, skins and resource packs, etcetera, like on the other platforms. However, console companies are worried about "security issues" that this could cause. Other games that loaded content from external media have sometimes been exploited by hackers to run unauthorized code on consoles. If loading Add-Ons from external media is not an option, they will "work it out some other way".
From the Java Edition
The developers have mentioned many features from the Java Edition which will eventually be included in the Pocket Edition.
- Hardcore mode
- Sharing worlds on all Pocket Edition versions
- Mojang account sync on Pocket Edition (i.e. being able to use Mojang account for skins etc)
- Server feature similar to the standalone PC server software
- 3D dropped item spinning animations on capable devices
- 1.9 combat mechanics
- New noteblock sounds from 1.12
- More commands
- Some way to display coordinates without an F3 menu
- MCPE possibly for Google Cardboard
- Change of GUI button texture
- Demo/lite version re-release
- Programming interface - Implemented in the Education Edition
- Copy worlds
- Tommaso mentioned adding 3-D grass on grass blocks; although he decided against it as it was expensive and clashes with the style.
- The following mobs were mentioned in a Q&A session, which although far fetched were tossed around – penguins and wizards (but not spell-casting) - the illusioner implemented in the Java Edition may be considered as a type of wizard
- Smoother auto-jump/auto-climb
- Villages generated on swamp biomes with cobblestone roads
- Option to play Realms over a cellular network
- Data-driven entity definitions
- “I think it’s pretty cool, those huge “underworlds" are scary & buildable :) But we have no time to polish them, so perhaps 9.1!” – @_tomcc, March 14, 2014
- https://m.twitch.tv/mojang/v/19541608, October 7, 2015
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILG2fSzunJ0, October 21, 2016
- “Question: @_tomcc and hardcore? Answer: @axelcervantes39 0.9.1, maybe! I want to add it, but it's hardly "required" for this update :P” – @_tomcc, May 16, 2014
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ruf6tvqsD84, May 4, 2014
- “@MC_News_Germany @Negeerbeerr Yep, it will be added to MCPE eventually, we just need to figure out the best way to do shields on touch” – @jeb_, March 21, 2017
- “@HeroPlayz_YT Yes” – @Dinnerbone, March 29, 2017
- “Question: Come the new sounds to MCPE 1.1 too? Answer: Yes, eventually” – @jeb_, April 28, 2017
- “We're still working on the command implementation in Bedrock. More will come.” – @slicedlime, July 1, 2017
- “@Frank_Sn1pezz we want to add some rocky texture to the buttons as they're too plain, but smaller would be harder to tap!” – @_tomcc, July 23, 2013
- “Well...... yes, good point! Will probably be done :)” – /u/mojang_tommo, Feb 23, 2014
- “Uhm, this came up this last hour but as usual looks like a mod. To the revert machine!” – @_tomcc, December 3, 2014
- “@Z_MINER_MC probably not, right now it's really expensive & clashes with the style.” – @_tomcc, December 3, 2014
- “In MCPE news, working on Oculus this week, specifically on autoclimb. It means that the player should follow the terrain like a minecart!” – @_tomcc, November 30, 2015
- “Had a feeling of being followed for a while. Finally got proof. Restraining order has been filed. Pls report if seen” – @argo_major, January 24, 2016
- “If there were frogs in #MCPE, they would now be rejoicing...” – @argo_major, January 5, 2016
- “@Dustintrovert There’ll be an option in a future update to allow playing using a cellular network.” – @DMarby, June 20, 2016
- “Data driven entities are progressing pretty well, we almost can make an entity like the Skeleton just with JSON :) https://gist.github.com/Tomcc/41f62454 …” – @_tomcc, August 10, 2016
- “None of that is final or in any release, but check out Minecon to see what you can do with that blurb of code :)” – @_tomcc, August 10, 2016
|New Nintendo 3DS Edition|