Pocket Edition Pre-release
From Minecraft Wiki
The Pocket Edition Pre-release was the first known version of Minecraft: Pocket Edition during development. This version was never publicly released.
Features[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
- The game looked exactly like the old Classic build on Java Edition (bright green grass/leaves, no birch/spruce trees).
- There were clouds/sky in the game.
- Inventory hotbar had a smaller look and could handle 9 items.
- Blocks in inventory were 2D instead of 3D.
Blocks[edit | edit source]
- Was unable to explode.
- Some wool blocks had colors from the Classic build.
- Grass and dirt
- Wood planks
- Block of diamond
- The rose was going to be a block, but was replaced with the cyan flower due to hardware issues.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The first internal version only had an ASCII renderer.
References[edit | edit source]