Pocket Edition Pre-release
From Minecraft Wiki
The Pocket Edition Pre-release was the first known version of Minecraft: Pocket Edition during development. This version was never publicly released.
Additions[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
- The game looked exactly like the old Classic build on Java Edition (bright green grass/leaves, no birch/spruce trees).
- There were clouds/sky in the game.
- Inventory hotbar had a smaller look and could handle 9 items.
- Blocks in inventory were 2D instead of 3D.
Blocks[edit | edit source]
- Placeable Pumpkin and TNT blocks (TNT was unable to explode).
- Some Wool blocks had color from the Classic build.
- The Rose was going to be a block, but was replaced with the Cyan Flower due to hardware issues.
- Grass and Dirt
- Wood Planks
- Block of Diamond
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The first internal version only had an ASCII renderer. 
References[edit | edit source]