Pocket Edition Pre-release
The Pocket Edition Pre-release was the first known version of Minecraft: Pocket Edition during development. This version was never publicly released, but it was playable at the Electronic Entertainment Expo of 2011 and given to many individuals for private testing and showcasing.
- Inventory hotbar had a smaller look and could handle 8 items.
- Blocks in inventory were 2D instead of 3D.
- Some wool blocks had colors from the Classic build.
- Grass and dirt
- Wood planks
- Block of diamond
- Block of gold
- Block of iron
- The rose was going to be a block, but was replaced with the cyan flower due to hardware issues.
- Sugar Cane
- The first internal version only had an ASCII renderer.