Pocket Edition Demo
Minecraft - Pocket Edition Demo was the first known developmental version of Minecraft: Pocket Edition. This version was never publicly released, but was playable at the Electronic Entertainment Expo of 2011 and given to many individuals for private testing and showcasing.
- Wood planks
- Block of Diamond
- Block of Gold
- Block of Iron
- Sugar Cane
- Inventory hotbar had a smaller look and could handle 9 items.
- Blocks in the item form use their own block texture (if there are several, then side texture).
- The rose was going to be identical to Java's rose, but has been replaced with a cyan texture because of hardware issues.
- The first internal version only had an ASCII renderer.
- Gameplay footage: "Minecraft - Pocket Edition on Xperia Play" – Minecraft on YouTube, May 25, 2011
- "Minecraft - Pocket Edition on Xperia Play" – Minecraft on YouTube, May 25, 2011
- "@Michaeldz360 The cyan flowers was an attempt to get rid of a hardware-related problem. We don't plan to add them to the PC version" – @jeb_, June 9, 2011
- "Pocket Edition is 5 years old!" – Minecraft.net