Pocket Edition Alpha 0.9.0/Development versions
- 1 Alpha 0.9.0 build 1
- 2 Alpha 0.9.0 build 2
- 3 Alpha 0.9.0 build 3
- 4 Alpha 0.9.0 build 4
- 5 Alpha 0.9.0 build 5
- 6 Alpha 0.9.0 build 6
- 7 Alpha 0.9.0 build 7
- 8 Alpha 0.9.0 build 8
- 9 Alpha 0.9.0 build 9
- 10 Alpha 0.9.0 build 10
- 11 Alpha 0.9.0 build 11
- 12 Alpha 0.9.0 build 12
- 13 Notes and references
This is a list of Pocket Edition Alpha 0.9.0 development versions.
Alpha 0.9.0 build 1
v0.9.0 alpha build 1 is the first build version released for v0.9.0 alpha, and the first build version released in 2014.
- Unlimited worlds.
- New culling algorithm.
- New culling of clouds.
- Tile entities are saved differently.
- New falling mechanics for sand and gravel.
- New insta ticking of water and lava.
- New world generation features:
- Ice patches
- Ice spikes
- Double plants
- Tall Grass
- Jungle trees
- Mega Jungle trees
- Mega Spruce trees
- Acacia trees
- Huge mushrooms
- Dead bushes
- Desert wells
- Fallen logs and stumps
- Emerald ore
- Lava at the bottom of caves
- Caves in desert and mesa
- Abandoned mine shafts
- Superflat world type
- "New" mob spawning.
- Updated light generation.
- Grass and foliage colors for different biomes.
- Water color for swamps.
- New and updated biomes:
- Extreme hills
- Redwood taiga
- Roofed forests
- Mushroom island
- Deep ocean
- New blocks:
- Huge mushroom blocks
- End portal frames
- Double plants
- More stairs/slabs for new wood types
- Dark Oak and Acacia wood
- Dark Oak and Acacia leaves
- Slime, Endermen, Mooshroom, Wolf, Silverfish and Zombie Pigman spawn eggs
- Stained clay (In all its 16 colors)
- New flowers
- Red sand
- Hardened clay
- End stone
- Emerald block, emerald and emerald ore
- Packed Ice
- Version exclusive: Grassless Dirt
- New leveldb based saving format.
- New entity handling.
- New crafting screen.
- Remade network code (mostly the same packages but new system).
- New interact button (to make the game easier for new players).
- New mobs:
- New AI:
- New leaf rendering.
- Added more spawn eggs in creative.
- Added immersive mode for Android.
- Only Android 4.4 KitKat
- You can have it in other versions with 3rd party-apps
- Only Android 4.4 KitKat
- Added drip particles for water and lava.
- Updated create world screen - now includes Superflat, Infinite and 'old' world types.
- Stonecutter UI Changed.
- Correct name for stairs, slabs and spawn eggs.
- Beds no longer gives full health in normal difficulty.
- Smooth lighting added for:
- Smooth lighting removed for:
- Jack 'o' lanterns
- Improved performance of TNT.
- Prettier clouds.
- The fog is darker underground.
- Generated structures
- Removed generated structures:
- Added as a biome instead
- Gravel beaches
- Frozen Oceans
- Will no longer naturally generate
- Removed biomes:
- Seasonal forest
- From released versions before 0.9.0
- - No sharing/broadcast session on LAN for 2nd generation Kindle Fire.
- - Sleeping in Bed Resets Health
- - Typo
- - Inconsistent protocol data types usage
CompoundTag::putLonghas wrong parameter type (should be long long, not long)
- - Can't Delete world
- From the 0.8.0 development versions
- - mushrooms dont glow
- From the current version, hotfixed
- - There is no Villager Spawn Egg
- - Torches
- - No villager spawn egg in creative
Alpha 0.9.0 build 2
v0.9.0 alpha build 2 is the second build version released for v0.9.0 alpha.
- Added sounds to all new mobs (Villagers, Slimes, Wolves, Endermen)
- Creative inventory
- Endermen now teleport out of the way of arrows
- 17 bugs fixed
- Worlds don't get stuck anymore during loading
- Fixed a subtle crash + world corruption
- Fixed a possible crash on quit
- Removed the horrible gray quad on split controls
- Crops don't flicker anymore while walking
- Added name to Podzol
- Desert villages are now made of sandstone
- Fire dies out faster in Jungle and Roofed Forest (to prevent runaway fires)
- Fixed black borders in Flat Worlds on Chunk
- Red sand doesn't transform anymore in normal sand when falling
- Mobs aren't blue anymore when render distance 64 is selected
- Putting glowstone under blocks doesn't rotate their texture anymore
- Mushrooms don't glow anymore
- Diorite, Granite and Andesite drop the correct resource type
- Dark oak and Acacia leaves and trunks now catch fire
- You can now place torches on Mob Spawners
- Mob Spawners are saved now
Alpha 0.9.0 build 3
v0.9.0 alpha build 3 is the third build version released for v0.9.0 alpha.
- Lily pads are now brighter in the inventory
- Sheep now eat tall grass
- No more village skyscrapers
- Added dye recipes for all flowers
- The low memory render distance now has an additional tick
- 13 bugs fixed
- Zombies not targeting players
- Crash when generating lava
- Lava lighting
- Water intersecting by caves would be stuck in air
- Spiders would instantly attack when you hit them
- Savanna and dark oak could be crafted into each other's planks
- Top of doors not opening and closing
- Potential crash when placing blocks at y 127
- Enderman should now have sounds
- Emerald blocks were put into decorations
- The smooth stone variants now require the correct stone type
- Top snow is now destroyed when the block underneath is destroyed
- Granite, diorite and andesite drops again
Alpha 0.9.0 build 4
v0.9.0 alpha build 4 is the fourth build version released for v0.9.0.
- The animation for spiders is now twice as fast
- End portal frames' texture changed from the Java Edition Beta 1.9 Prerelease 3 texture to the current Java Edition Beta 1.9 Prerelease 4 texture.
- The swamp biome's look has changed from the Java Edition Beta 1.8 look to its current Beta 1.9 Prerelease look.
- 16 bugs fixed
- "Saving" bug has been fixed
- Fixed item in hand bug
- Fixed shadow of entities
- Fixed trap doors and smooth shading
- Fixed rendering issues with lily pads
- Sand will no longer fall through signs and cobwebs
- Top of doors should now play the opening sound
- End Portal frame is now added to creative menu
- Removed one of the duplicate iron bar recipes
- Fixed recipes for mushroom soup and pumpkin pie
- Grass and leaves are now rendered underwater
- Villages are now placed more sparsely (the old ones should disappear when creating a new world)
- You can now feed wolves correctly
- Added nicer destroy particles to blocks
- Giant mushrooms should drop mushrooms now (instead of Giant Mushroom blocks)
- Top slab should not cause rendering issues anymore
Alpha 0.9.0 build 5
v0.9.0 alpha build 5 is the fifth build version released for v0.9.0.
- Loading textures in the background to avoid hiccups at runtime
- Tall grass is not flammable anymore
- Added a recipe for Emeralds
- Compiled LevelDB with more optimizations
- Somewhat faster torch placing
- Improved (again) block breaking particles
- Optimized rendering of particles
- 9 bugs fixed
- Fixed Multiplayer
- Fixed a crash in Explosion
- The sky doesn't become dark anymore when swimming/exploring shallow caves
- Fixed water not creating obsidian when generated with the world
- Fixed incorrect light updates
- Fixed TNT not rebuilding graphics
- Fixed TNT not exploding other TNT
- Can now spawn Redwood trees from spruce sapling
- Fixed black faces on fences, doors and trapdoors next to walls
Alpha 0.9.0 build 6
v0.9.0 alpha build 6 is the sixth build version released for v0.9.0.
- Lighting from torches is brighter and more PC-like
- 13 bugs fixed
- Fixed a crash when destroying a block under a rail
- Chunks now always update when the sky light changes
- Vines now work correctly
- Drip particles no longer have a black outline
- Made terrain rebuilding more stable under frequent updates (TNT, falling sand, etc)
- Mooshrooms can breed
- The status of the player is reset when it dies (e.g. on fire)
- Close button on chests works again
- Items are no longer placed in the [...] slot
- Grass tiles now decay under other blocks
- Crafting signs now yields 3 units
- Fixed many artifacts on doors
- End portal frame is now visible when held
Alpha 0.9.0 build 7
v0.9.0 alpha build 7 is the seventh build version released for v0.9.0.
- Preloading limited worlds to reduce stuttering
- Made villages more common
- Selecting the correct start tab of the Creative inventory
- The Survival inventory now defaults to the Crafting screen when interacting with crafting tools
- Removed the end portal frame with eye from the Creative inventory
- Increased network protocol version (can't connect with build 6 or older)
- 9 bugs fixed
- Fixed another crash bug in the Furnace
- The game doesn't spawn a huge number of mobs anymore
- Fixed spawning outside of limited worlds' bounds
- Fixed spawn location on clients
- It is now possible to destroy a transparent block without hitting the block behind it
- Ladders, torches etc. can now be placed close to (intersecting) the player
- The furnace inventory should correctly refresh
- Fixed duplicate join message on the server
- Fixed rendering bugs in the Survival armor screen
Alpha 0.9.0 build 8
v0.9.0 alpha build 8 is the eighth build version released for v0.9.0.
- Faster texture loading (should not get stuck anymore)
- The developers no longer write the player tag to level.dat
- Enderman damage is now the same as PC
- 11 bugs fixed
- Fixed two crashes in furnaces
- Fixed an infinite loop (the game would hang) when loading a world with a fully empty column
- The player can now interact with all blocks again
- Grass now correctly spreads to dirt blocks again
- Immersive mode should now work correctly
- Fixed wolves not remembering their sit state
- Leaves don't turn to wood anymore
- Furnaces now show the progress bar when moving items again
- Now using the correct spawn location for old worlds
- Mobs don't run at you anymore in Creative
- Zombies and spiders now use the new AI
Alpha 0.9.0 build 9
v0.9.0 alpha build 9 (RC1) is the ninth build version and first release candidate for v0.9.0.
- Mob spawners now emit light
- Creepers and Skeletons now use the old AI again
- Tame and sit interact button for wolves
- Crafting screen no longer switches to the next recipe when you can't make the current one
- 13 bugs fixed
- Crash with wolves
- Crash when removing blocks under rails
- Blocks placed where player was standing
- Wrong spawn location
- Entities are now more reliably saved
- Crafting of unlimited number items
- Missing smooth lighting on top snow and carpets
- Wolfs moving around while sitting
- Offspring was untamed in certain cases
- Creepers floating above the ground
- Wrong collar color on wolves
- The interact button is now only "pressed" when released
- Black borders on particles when destroying torches
Alpha 0.9.0 build 10
v0.9.0 alpha build 10 (RC2) is the tenth build version and second release candidate for v0.9.0.
10 bugs fixed
- Can now place things on top of fences and walls
- Can now destroy blocks behind signs and torches
- Fixed some issues with leaves
- Mob spawners don't ignore torches anymore
- Cacti can't be placed next to each other anymore
- Leaves' and tall grass destroy particles are not gray anymore
- Fixed a potential and very random crash
- Fixed some situations where liquids could stop flowing
- Fixed spawn position in multiplayer
- Tabs in the Creative inventory don't have a small offset anymore
Alpha 0.9.0 build 11
v0.9.0 alpha build 11 (RC3) is the eleventh build version and third release candidate for v0.9.0.
- Blocks destroyed as a result of other blocks being destroyed (topsnow, grass, etc.) emit destruction particles too
- Added jungle wood slab recipe
- Sand does not fall anymore through wall signs
- Added Hardened Clay recipe for furnaces
- Added Stained Clay recipe to the Crafting Table
9 bugs fixed
- Added baked potato's name
- Fixed black artifacts on Villagers
- Fixed young mobs having the same hitbox as adults
- Creepers can now be ignited again
- Fixed black artifacts on particles from doors, torches, etc.
- Fixed bed particles
- Fixed explosions in multiplayer
- Doors are now synchronized correctly in multiplayer
- Fixed a pretty bad memory leak in multiplayer, on clients
Alpha 0.9.0 build 12
v0.9.0 alpha build 12 (RC4) is the twelfth build version and fourth release candidate for v0.9.0. It is the final build version and final release candidate for this version.
- Batched SetEntityMotion, EntityPos and HeadRotation packages together (down from 3000 packages per second to 150)
13 bugs fixed
- Crash with deleted chunks
- A memory corruption
- Issue on Android that didn't reuse graphics buffers correctly, caused weird triangles and holes
- Crash when loading a world where the player was riding
- Crash with exiting worlds while riding
- Synchronization issues with multiple players in multiplayer
- Entities was incorrectly added on the client
- Multiple bugs with tile entities on clients
- Spawn location on clients
- Reseting spawn location would put players on roofs
- Interact buttons now work in multiplayer
- Placing rails was broken on clients (wrong direction)
- Chests have been fixed for clients
Notes and references