v0.7.3 alpha was a minor update to Minecraft: Pocket Edition that was released on August 15, 2013. This version changes the day-night cycle and fixed some of the bugs and crashes in v0.7.2.
Blocks and items
- Double chests
- When Chests are put together, items previously in the left chest appear at the bottom half. Items from the right chest will also appear at the top. This may cause a loss of items.
- Chests now have an open/close animation.
- The player can open chests in creative, but not look inside; they will immediately close.
- Quartz slabs
- Added more friction when flying in Creative Mode (iOS).
- Stopped building the game with typeinfo enabled (iOS).
- Wooden slab material changed to wood instead of stone. Wooden Slabs stored from before 0.7.3 are tagged as Fake Wood Slab and drop regular wooden slabs when mined.
- When creating a new world, the default name shows "My World".
- Mobs now light on fire under sunlight.
21 bugs fixed
- MCPE-39 – Wooden slab hard to break with axe
- MCPE-271 – Too long descriptions
- MCPE-312 – Sword freezes chest
- MCPE-439 – Chests rotate when placing a solid block directly in front of them
- MCPE-1664 – Hitting backspace in a sign activates shift on your keyboard.
- MCPE-2608 – No fire animation for night-time mobs when they come in contact with sunlight
- MCPE-2680 – Cake takes away buckets along with milk
- MCPE-2950 – Chat freezes
- MCPE-2962 – Typing in chat gets blocked by [DONE] button and capitals
- MCPE-3361 – Items in the crafting table are messed up
- MCPE-3846 – If monsters burn because of sunlight, they have no burn animation.
- MCPE-3988 – Furnace crash bug
- MCPE-3989 – Inventory bug when throwing items in hand while in a GUI
- MCPE-4056 – No Fire Animation on Zombies
- MCPE-4122 – Glowing obsidian can yield resources with an iron pickaxe, but obsidian can only be mined with a diamond one
- MCPE-4281 – Chests cannot be placed next to other chests
- MCPE-4332 – Armor glitch
- MCPE-4403 – GUI circle size is too small
- MCPE-4455 – Repeatedly being logged out of Realms
- MCPE-4557 – No text below the version
- MCPE-4634 – Non-realms world creation glitch