Pocket Edition Alpha 0.6.0
January 30, 2013
v0.6.0 alpha was a major update to Minecraft: Pocket Edition that was released on January 30, 2013. It added notable features, such as baby animals, clouds, new Nether-related blocks and items as well as other changes and fixes.
Android 2.1 and 2.2 are no longer supported in this version; v0.6.0 requires Android 2.3 or later. Users running Android 2.1 and 2.2 will only be able to play older versions of Pocket Edition.
- The Sky and Clouds (Appearance varies between fast and slow devices)
- Improved D-pad
- Design is more square and less rounded.
- When in flight mode, there is a "wing" icon on the jump button.
Blocks and items
- Nether Bricks
- Block of Quartz
- Chiseled Quartz Block (creative only)
- Pillar Quartz Block (creative only)
- Cracked Stone Brick (creative only)
- Mossy Stone Brick (creative only)
- Version exclusive: Stonecutter
- Chiseled Sandstone
- Smooth Sandstone
- Applying process is similar to smelting: choose from armor on the left and see a preview of the player on the right.
- Nether Brick (smelted from netherrack and crafted into nether bricks blocks).
- Nether Quartz
- Upside-down stairs, corner stairs
- Slabs can be placed in up position (needs testing on small screens).
- Sand and gravel are affected by gravity.
- Baby animals
- Baby animals only spawn in new worlds.
- The fog and sky color now is blue instead of grizzly blue.
- When holding a slot in the hotbar, to toss an item out, the frame of the bar turns green as well.
- (For some Android devices only) The way to go to the pause menu, is to use (<|) instead of (|=|).
Blocks and items
- All dyes can be crafted.
- Recipes for crafting slabs give 6 slabs instead of 3.
- Nether Reactor spawns Netherrack instead of obsidian.
- The Nether Reactor now spawns more items.
- Melons can now be crafted with 9 melon slices.
- - Still no fix on Tablet (first Galaxy Tab Froyo firmware 2.2) Survival = Creative and Creative = Survival
- - Doors, trap doors and ladders does not drop correctly in survival when adjacent to destroyed blocks
- - Blocks placed where ice was don't show up in multiplayer
- - Drowning on water
- - Other players can't see the hand shaking animation
- - Two stone bricks in creative menu
- - No description for Paintings or Glowstone
- - Watermelons grow back nearly instantly
- - Watermelon icon red background
- - Melon seeds have pumpkin seed sprite
- - Paintings deflect arrows
- - Cactus can't grow on sand block near water
- - Charging the bow breaks pictures
- - 1 melon stem can produce 2-4 melons
- - Torches when placed underwater do not drop
- - Paintings cannot be destroyed with L button (Xperia Play)
- - Wrong sugarcane drop from the reactor and creative mode
- - Pixel disappearing bug