Alpha 0.6.0 added baby animals, clouds, new Nether-related blocks and items as well as other changes and fixes. Android 2.1 and 2.2 are no longer supported; Alpha 0.6.0 requires Android 2.3 or later. Users running Android 2.1 and 2.2 will only be able to play older versions of Pocket Edition.
- The Sky and Clouds (Appearance varies between fast and slow devices)
- Improved D-pad
- Design is more square and less rounded.
- When in flight mode, there is a "wing" icon on the jump button.
Blocks and Items
- Baby animals
- Baby animals only spawn in new worlds.
- The fog and sky color now is blue instead of grizzly blue.
- When holding a slot in the hotbar, to toss an item out, the frame of the bar turns green as well.
- (For some Android devices only) The way to go to the pause menu, is to use (<|) instead of (|=|).
Blocks and Items
- All dyes can be crafted.
- Recipes for crafting slabs give 6 slabs instead of 3.
- Nether Reactor spawns Netherrack instead of obsidian.
- The Nether Reactor now spawns more items.
- Melons can now be crafted with 9 melon slices.
19 bugs fixed
- MCPE-19 - Still no fix on Tablet (first Galaxy Tab Froyo firmware 2.2) Survival = Creative and Creative = Survival
- MCPE-143 - Doors, trap doors and ladders does not drop correctly in survival when adjacent to destroyed blocks
- MCPE-356 - Blocks placed where ice was don't show up in multiplayer
- MCPE-406 - Drowning on water
- MCPE-526 - Other players can't see the hand shaking animation
- MCPE-581 - Two stone bricks in creative menu
- MCPE-591 - No description for Paintings or Glowstone
- MCPE-592 - Watermelons grow back nearly instantly
- MCPE-603 - Watermelon icon red background
- MCPE-612 - Melon seeds have pumpkin seed sprite
- MCPE-613 - Paintings deflect arrows
- MCPE-642 - Cactus can't grow on sand block near water
- MCPE-668 - Charging the bow breaks pictures
- MCPE-717 - 1 melon stem can produce 2-4 melons
- MCPE-722 - Torches when placed underwater do not drop
- MCPE-779 - Paintings cannot be destroyed with L button (Xperia Play)
- MCPE-883 - Wrong sugarcane drop from the reactor and creative mode
- MCPE-1162 - Pixel disappearing bug