v0.5.0 alpha was a major update to Minecraft: Pocket Edition that was released on November 15, 2012. It added notable features, such as melons, paintings, glowstone, the Nether reactor as well as other changes and fixes.
Blocks and Items
- Version exclusive: Sleeping now restores health
- Version exclusive: Health bar is now displayed at the top-left of the screen and not above the hotbar anymore
- The game is less foggy
- The name of a selected item or block is displayed over the hotbar.
Blocks and items
- Food heals more health
- Easier to get out of bed
- When jumped on, crops turn back to dirt.
- Sugar Cane can now be grown on sand.
- Mushrooms can now be farmed.
v0.5.0j alpha was released on an unknown release date. This was possibly the last J-version of Pocket Edition.
40 bugs fixed
- MCPE-1 – Trapdoors can't be crafted in survival
- MCPE-2 – No description at Smooth stone in crafting bench
- MCPE-4 – You can't leave your bed when sleeping
- MCPE-6 – No explosion sound when creeper explodes
- MCPE-7 – Seeds drop below grass block when using hoe
- MCPE-11 – Survival bugs: Crop tiles survives farmland destroyed underneath them
- MCPE-14 – When destroying the top half of a bed in creative mode, it give a bed back as a resource
- MCPE-17 – TNT, Flint and Steel and Stone Bricks aren't available in the creative mode inventory
- MCPE-18 – Grass block not available in Creative mode inventory
- MCPE-20 – Food not restoring the right number of hearts
- MCPE-23 – Door Duplication
- MCPE-27 – Not possible to activate peaceful mode
- MCPE-29 – Trapdoors can be placed on transparent blocks like flowers, saplings, glass etc.
- MCPE-30 – Placing door on a farmland will create a floating half-door
- MCPE-34 – Xperia Play: You can't eat or charge the bow
- MCPE-46 – Torch can be placed on side of fence
- MCPE-51 – Bed: Respawn at the wrong height?
- MCPE-57 – Multiplayer infinity bone meal
- MCPE-93 – Players sleeping in a bed can be pushed off the bed
- MCPE-105 – You Can't Exit Your Bed With Split Touch Controls
- MCPE-115 – Breaking block with torch on it
- MCPE-134 – Can't sleep with my bed like this(picture included)
- MCPE-160 – lava burns character when lava is several blocks away
- MCPE-172 – Stone bricks: Missing description
- MCPE-189 – Missing Fence Sound Effect
- MCPE-190 – Farmland and other plants bug
- MCPE-216 – Steel and flint don't take damage
- MCPE-218 – Bed: Should sleep when pressing the bottom end
- MCPE-237 – Extra Feathers For Player 2
- MCPE-269 – Using an item can sometimes attack animal/player when not facing them
- MCPE-272 – Animals sometimes never respawn in a map
- MCPE-303 – Sleeping at the edge of the map causes you to spawn really high in the sky after you die
- MCPE-345 – Torches Jumping off Fences
- MCPE-370 – Trapdoor placement bug
- MCPE-382 – Player 1 places torches on ground, but player 2 sees them on the wall
- MCPE-387 – Stuck when walking down side of fence when reaching closed gate
- MCPE-390 – Cannot select stone brick stone in creative
- MCPE-408 – Sugarcane is unable to be placed on sand
- MCPE-422 – Crash when loading saved world
- MCPE-491 – Disappearing trapdoors