Pocket Edition Alpha 0.3.3
August 9, 2012
v0.3.3 alpha was a minor update to Minecraft: Pocket Edition that was released on August 9, 2012. It added notable features such as new mobs (spiders and skeletons), new items, as well as other changes and fixes.
- Item decay time extended to 5 minutes.
- Added a 6 slot hotbar to all devices.
- Improved brightness.
- Falling from certain heights plays a bone breaking sound.
20 bugs fixed
- Removed fire, fixing a bug where fire would spread throughout an entire world after a single flammable block had been set aflame by lava.
- Fire was replaced by the "255" block, to stop fire from spreading. It is only obtainable through inventory editing.
- Corrected crafting recipes for furnace, block of iron, lapis lazuli block, block of gold and block of diamond.
- Fixed furnace crash bug.
- Sapling/leaves fixes.
- Crafting doors now requires a crafting table.
- Torches can now be placed on fences.
- Dandelion Yellow dye no longer appears as an egg in MATTIS or the hotbar
- A bug where cactus and door placed next to each other would remove the bottom door block (and top one if a 2 level cactus).
- Removed particles from spawning when you hit the edges of the world.
- Stairs now block light.
- Some sounds that are missing can now be heard: cow hurt sound, the sound when you break glass/ice.
- A bug where fence gate would not appear in the user’s hand but in the world.
- If the player stands on a slab and creates another one, the player falls through both slabs.
- Swords (and other tools) now take damage from attacking mobs.
- Golden tools are no longer more resistant than wooden tools.
- The rear end texture is upside down on some animals.
- The D-pad on iPad no longer/rarely intersects with the item slots.
- Users can no longer place sugar cane in water.
- Dark green leaves have correct textures when cut by shear.
- Blocks placed on snow aren’t duplicated in multiplayer.
- "Minecraft Pocket Edition Update 0.3.3" – Www.mojang, August 9, 2012