Pocket Edition alpha 0.17.0.1
From Minecraft Wiki
(Redirected from Pocket Edition Alpha 0.17.0.1)
November 11, 2016
- World seed library
- Support for world templates
- Ender dragon
- Polar bear
- Because it is an element of Education Edition, it doesn't spawn in normal play
- It exists in .apk file
- The End
- End city (Has no banners due to them being unimplemented features)
- Chorus plant
- End gateway portal
- End portal frame
- Exit portal
- Dragon's breath
- Elytra (called "Elytra Wings")
- Ender crystal
- Chorus fruit
- Ender pearl
- Eye of ender
- Lingering potions
- Dragon head
- Ender chest
- End rod
- Dragon egg
- Purpur block, pillar, slab and stairs
- End stone brick
- Stained glass (not functional)
- Levitation effect
- Enable Text To Speech for Chat Option in Music Settings
- Added a UI Profile "Pocket" and "Classic (like in Windows 10)" in Advanced Video Settings
- Various tweaks to Add-Ons, including improvements to loading.
- Stronger validation of Add-Ons manifest
- Tweaked opacity of pop-up windows for easier reading.
- Creative search tab now selects the search box when switching tabs and when typing any character even if the box is not selected.
- "Your home bed was missing or obstructed" message now appears if you die and your bed was destroyed.
- A way to get tipped arrows like in 1.9, but it still works with cauldrons.
- Tweaked enchanted golden apples so they have the correct amount of absorption health points.
- Transferring items between containers should be faster now.
- There is now an animation for throwing items.
- Wearing a pumpkin helmet prevents endermen from attacking you.
- You can now make huge mushrooms from regular mushrooms.
- You can now drink milk in Creative mode.
- Beetroots and beetroot stew appear in your Creative inventory.
- Increased building height from 128 to 256.
- Strongholds now generate randomly in new chunks.
- Baby zombies now drop loot upon death.
- Snow golems now attack silverfish.
- Villagers now turn into zombie villagers when they are killed by a husk.
- Now only adult cows can be milked.
- Potatoes and beetroot can once again be used to feed and breed pigs.
- Mobs killed by tamed mobs will now drop XP.
- The Wither is no longer hostile to wither skeletons and strays.
- Magma cubes no longer take damage from water.
- Negative effects from splash potions no longer affect endermen (as they teleport away quickly).
- Lured mobs no longer push you around when you're riding a pig/horse/mule/donkey.
- "Dye" button is displayed when trying to dye a sheep.
- Untamed horses/mules/donkeys no longer follow you when you're holding food.
- Sound & music effect volume issues fixed.
- Fixed issues with text lagging when updating (& not updating scroll bar visibility, too).
- Fixed various text sizing and spacing issues.
- Lava and water should again go where you point to place them.
- Worlds again displayed in the Play tab for Win 10 players with utf-8 symbols in their names.
- Fixed a crash when players with utf-8 symbols in their names tried to delete a world.
- FOV slider now shows the correct value.
- Stone blocks should now show up in all recipes when using the MCPE crafting screen.
- Fixed a game crash on startup if you had two monitors connected with different DPIs (Win 10 only).
- Android keyboard will no longer switch to the numeric keypad if you lock and unlock the screen (Android only).
- No more crashing when eating mushroom stew.
- Realm names no longer overlap the number of players actively in the realm.
- Fixed a crash when your internet connection dies while using Replace World on Realms.
- Guardians, wither skeletons & blazes respawn naturally again when switching from peaceful game mode to easy/normal/hard, however they will only do this in newly generated structures, not ones that have already been discovered.
- Fixed the Store getting stuck on "Getting products…" screen
- Fall momentum now saved even if you close & reopen a world.
- Skeleton horse traps should now work correctly (multiple bug fixes).
- You now have to actually brew a potion to get the achievement.
- "Local Brewery", "Monster Hunter" and "Archer" achievements fixed.
- Cycling through commands to get to the @ character now properly displays all available values.
- Minecarts with chests/hoppers/TNT no longer get stuck halfway in a block if they run into it.
- Mobs can drown again.
- Fixed a crash on mobile devices if game was launched without wi-fi enabled (MCPE only).
- Fixed arrow hit sound effect.
- TTS narrated messages are no longer interrupted by sending a new message.
- Sprinting fixed so it doesn't stop unless hunger is low.
- Fixed a crash with the /drop command.
- Paintings can no longer run into each other at right angles.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when selecting a world for Replace World for realms (iOS only).
- Fixed a bug that caused mining to go slowly after a player reconnected to a multiplayer game while riding a horse.
- Fixed a bug where you could use commands to have buckets place other blocks.
- Cats no longer change their textures back to ocelots when worlds created before 0.16 are loaded.
- Fixed a bug where the villager reproduction rate was capped by something other than door count.
- Fixed a bug where game would hang on a black screen during launch (Fire TV only).
- Fixed a bug where endermen would get angry even if you only looked at their torso.