Alpha 0.15.0, the first release of the Friendly Update, is an update to Minecraft: Pocket Edition which added pistons, Realms, and other additions and changes.
- Achievements for iOS and Android
- Moved hunger bars and health to above the hotbar (Large devices only)
- Resource packs
- Some resource packs aren't complete.
- In the game and in the options menu, they are referred to as texture packs, but in the game, when you manage the available resource packs from the options menu, there are options to move them around and select multiple resource packs, like in the PC version. Also, in the files, there is a folder called resource_packs, where the resource pack files are stored.
- Title screen
- Skins button
- New Store Button
- Online multiplayer with Xbox Live friends.
- New UI for the main menu, shared with the Windows 10 Edition.
- New UI for the skins menu, it has skin selection carousel that is similar to Console Edition.
- Version exclusive: Added eating animation for animals when feeding them.
- Interact buttons
- Boost, used when riding a pig with a carrot on a stick.
- Name, used for name mobs using name tags.
- Leash, used for leashing a mob with a lead.
- Take Picture, used for taking pictures with a camera (currently not available in game, but in the files).
- Pig riding
- Version exclusive: New sound when accelerates.
- Spawn eggs
- Jungle temple
- New village types
- Taiga village
- Version exclusive: Ice plain village
- Version exclusive: Cold taiga village
- Savanna village
- Uses acacia wood instead of oak.
- Cobblestone is not replaced with acacia wood.
- Zombie village
- Title screen
- New scroll bar
- Online play uses less bandwidth.
- Note blocks are more loud.
- When player's name is Dinnerbone or Grumm, the player's model changes to an upside down model.
- Drops iOS 7 and earlier support; iOS 8 or later required
- Inventory button
- Now lose durability when breaking any kind of block.
- All Mobs
- When named to "Dinnerbone" or "Grumm" make mobs upside-down.
- Added animation for shooting arrows and recharging bows.
- Wither skeletons
- Added animation when walking with sword.
- When renamed to "Toast" they change their texture.
- Can now rarely spawn in the Nether with a 1⁄153 rate.
- Compared to 100⁄153 for zombie pigmen.
- Can now naturally pick up netherrack.
- Fixed a lot of crashes!
- Fixed a couple of bugs causing data to be lost or world corruption.
- A whole bunch of redstone fixes from the community feedback.
- Lots of multiplayer desynchronization fixes.
- Less flickering of the block selection highlight!
- Glass doesn’t become green anymore.
- Fixed chests generation in dungeons and desert temples.
- Walking far from spawn generates a lot less jittering now.
- MCPE-5473 – Can't see water under ice
- MCPE-7318 – When red sand falls on torches it turns into regular sand.
- MCPE-7903 – Cactus on hotbar has broken texture
- MCPE-11400 – Chests in desert temple generation bug
- MCPE-11500 – Note Block's audio is too low.
- MCPE-11703 – Incorrect position when fence gate is opened.
- MCPE-12038 – Fly and Sneak float (touch input)
- MCPE-12127 – Desert temple generation glitch
- MCPE-12394 – Cobblestone wall are connected to sideways fence gate.
- MCPE-12516 – Items and yourself cannot fall into cauldrons.
- MCPE-12540 – Hopper texture bug
- MCPE-12673 – Angry Wolf Texture Missing
- MCPE-12960 – Nether Wart block has wrong shape when placed at Soul Sand.
- MCPE-12961 – Paintings not adhered to the wall.
- MCPE-13619 – Cannot Shift + Place Containers Whilst Flying
- MCPE-13949 – Lava rendering issue as seen in the Nether
- MCPE-14066 – You can put torches, ladders and vines in pressure plates and daylight sensor
- MCPE-14174 – Redstone does not align correctly when "cut" by farmland block and grass path block.
- MCPE-14238 – Fences and Cobblestone Wall placed in Item Frames are invisible.
- MCPE-14255 – Colored armor doesn't show color when in hotbar, but does when you tap inventory button.
- MCPE-14871 – Crash
- This update had the shortest amount of development builds to date for a major update, with 3 (6 if Realms is included) builds being released in the timespan of only 10 days.
- This update was the second to have an official name.