The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Pocket Edition Alpha 0.10.0/Development versions
- 1 Alpha 0.10.0 build 1
- 2 Alpha 0.10.0 build 2
- 3 Alpha 0.10.0 build 3
- 4 Alpha 0.10.0 build 4
- 5 Alpha 0.10.0 build 5
- 6 Alpha 0.10.0 build 6
- 7 Alpha 0.10.0 build 7
- 8 Alpha 0.10.0 build 8
- 9 Alpha 0.10.0 build 9
- 10 Notes and references
This is a list of Pocket Edition Alpha 0.10.0 development versions.
v0.10.0 alpha build 1 is the first build version released for v0.10.0.
- Upgraded the rendering system to use OpenGL ES 2.0 (coming from 1.1), using OpenGL 3.0 where available.
- Ported tinted lighting from Java Edition.
- Ported the round fog from Java Edition.
- Some performance increase on most devices.
- Mesa biomes have gold at every elevation and can spawn mine shafts on the surface.
- Added dust particles falling from unstable gravel and sand.
- Added more wood types for fences and gates.
- Added adjustable brightness (gamma) setting to adjust the darkness of dark terrain.
- iOS: Added a 64-bit build for compatible iOS devices.
- New double-sided lighting on entities and clouds that's more coherent with the terrain.
- Enabled mipmaps on Android devices supporting GLES 3.0.
- New water shader.
- Water is now brownish in swamps.
- Faster rebuilding of chunks.
- Added smooth lighting on water and smooth color transitions.
- Huge mushrooms now spawn in swamps.
- Ignore swipes from outside the screen so exiting fullscreen/activating Control Center doesn't turn the view.
- The selection overlay on vines/tall grass now has the correct shape.
- Added a selection overlay on Chests and Signs.
- The error messages when a World can't be opened are now more informative about what happened.
- Enabled Day/night cycle in Creative.
13 bugs fixed
- Fixed a crash when rendering Mob Spawners.
- iOS: Fixed freezing when receiving a notification/showing the Control Center.
- iOS: Fixed a crash/memory leak happening when showing the system keyboard - signs and the chat.
- Android: fixed a corruption and possible crash when switching apps.
- Fixed the "spawning in the air" bug.
- Fixed a crash when creating lava during world generation.
- Water now pushes things
- Fixed a white artifact on torches held in hand.
- Fixed holes appearing in the clouds.
- Fixed a brown artifact appearing on the bottom of Minecarts.
- Fixed a random crash in multiplayer.
- Fixed a possible crash when selecting double chests.
- The time of day is now more accurately synced in multiplayer.
v0.10.0 alpha build 2 is the second build version released for v0.10.0.
- Added smooth lighting back on leaves.
- Smoother depth transitions between swamps and normal water.
- The "round fog" is now actually round.
28 bugs fixed
- Added back the cross-hair when using Split Controls or the bow.
- Fixed a lot of graphical issues when using Fancy on some old GPUs (PowerVR SGX535, SGX531, SGX540)
- Fixed a crash when rendering minecarts.
- Fixed a random crash when starting some worlds.
- Fixed a crash when emitting particles.
- Fixed disappearing GUI and weird mob bodies when having certain items on screen.
- Fixed missing sides on slabs.
- Fixed signs text showing through walls.
- Fixed items having an incorrect lighting.
- Fixed items blinking white when next to a blinking TNT.
- Items no longer push you when falling.
- Fixed an issue with 3rd person camera not raycasting through non solid blocks.
- Fixed arrows getting stuck on non solid blocks.
- Fixed falling tiles getting stuck on torches.
- Fixed mineshafts spawning a ton of wooden platforms if discovered at night.
- Fixed mushrooms appearing in deserts at night.
- Fixed black lines on torches.
- Mooshrooms now consume bowls when "milked".
- Fixed a possible crash when falling under the world.
- Bed undersides now have the correct texture.
- Fixed Mob Spawner particles.
- Fixed damage bars in inventories.
- Water in dark places doesn't have bright borders anymore.
- Fixed water transparency under lily pads in swamps.
- Glass blocks don't have flickering faces between each other anymore.
- Fixed colors of vines.
- Baby animals are now able to swim without sinking.
- Fixed weird water colors when placing blocks on deep water.
v0.10.0 alpha build 3 is the third build version released for v0.10.0.
5 bugs fixed
- The game doesn't get stuck on a black screen anymore on devices where it happened.
- The player won't spawn anymore in the air or under bedrock.
- Fixed a graphics corruption/crash happening when starting the game with Fancy OFF and turning it on.
- Fixed flickering terrain and water in the distance on some devices.
- The game doesn't freeze anymore when going to sleep.
v0.10.0 alpha build 4 is the fourth build version released for v0.10.0.
- Glass walls have again only one side as in PC
- The game now limits its CPU usage when in the background
12 bugs fixed
- Fixed all black screen issues
- Fixed missing stencil shadows on many devices
- Removed black lines from torches and flowers on PowerVR devices
- Fixed excessively close underwater fog with Fancy disabled
- Slope rails now have a correct hitbox
- Fixed the amount of dyes obtained from flowers and bones
- Fixed spawning in leaves
- Fixed a crash/corruption happening on app switch/reset
- Fixed a biggish memory leak on world creation
- Now showing shadows on alphatested tiles (glass, leaves)
- Chickens don't have a black artifact under their head anymore
- The brightness of the player in the armor inventory doesn't follow the in-world brightness anymore
v0.10.0 alpha build 5 is the fifth build version released for v0.10.0.
9 bugs fixed
- Fixed a crash or graphics corruption when underwater
- Fixed black screen on startup on yet more devices
- Fixed black lines on the sides of doors
- Reenabled OpenGLES 3 and mipmaps
- Possibly fixed some depth precision issues
- Chat messages are now cleared when switching worlds
- The game doesn't forget the settings change if quitting before exiting the options screen now
- Fixed sensitivity lowering itself automatically
- Destroying a door by removing the underlying block now correctly yields a door item
v0.10.0 alpha build 6 is the sixth build version released for v0.10.0.
- Walking animations are generally faster and have been tweaked per-animal.
- Better fog on clouds, starting farther away and following the sky color.
9 bugs fixed
- Chunks shouldn't fail anymore to be saved.
- Fixed (again) the black screen problem on Android.
- Fixed a possible crash on clients when the server quits the game.
- Fixed growing crops not being saved.
- Fixed empty chests and mob spawners found in mineshafts and strongholds.
- Joining a world as a client doesn't reset the spawn position to the login position anymore.
- Mobs don't disappear anymore on clients if the client selects "Peaceful" difficulty.
- Clients on "Peaceful" don't auto-heal anymore if playing on a "Normal" difficulty server.
- The underwater fog now has the correct color in swamps.
v0.10.0 alpha build 7 is the seventh build version released for v0.10.0.
- The clouds and the terrain are now tinted red during sunset.
- Modders can now use shader version 300 if they wish to.
- Possibly made text rendering (especially non-ASCII) much faster.
- Added back water sounds.
4 bugs fixed
- Fixed an issue with server discovery.
- (Android) Fixed audio remaining muted after switching apps.
- Can sleep again when connecting to a server.
- The player is now rotated correctly when sleeping.
v0.10.0 alpha build 8 is the eighth build version released for v0.10.0.
1 bug fixed
- Fixed all characters being broken.
v0.10.0 alpha build 9 (RC1) is the ninth and final build version and first and only release candidate for v0.10.0, as well as the final build version released in 2014.
- Beds are now easily placed on replaceable tiles like tall grass
5 bugs fixed
- Fixed number of blocks/items not showing up in toolbar and item panes
- Fixed crash when shutting down server while client has chest/furnace open
- Fixed entities in multiplayer, they should now work as expected
- Door are now correctly updated (when opened/closed) on clients
- Added back the moving item animation in chests
Notes and references