Pocket Edition Alpha 0.1.0
Xperia PLAY - August 16, 2011
|Other editions of 0.1.0|
Alpha 0.1.0 was the first publicly released version of Minecraft: Pocket Edition that was exclusively released for the Xperia PLAY gaming console.
There was a planned 0.1.0 Alpha that would have been released on Android, but the release was held back. The version would have had Black Touch Controls and the menu would have looked the same as Alpha 0.1.1.
- Randomized worlds
- Placing and destroying blocks
- Ability to invite and play multiplayer on a world (wireless local area network)
- Save multiplayer worlds for offline use with the "Copy World" button in the pause menu.
- A file that is able to run on Android called minecraftpe.apk in the Minecraft Assets folder.
- Options for high and low spec phones (Called Fancy Graphics and Lower Graphics Quality respectively)
- Touch Screen controls and auto-jump (officially added in 0.1.1)
- Used generator prior to Alpha v1.2.0
- Mineral Veins
- Worked like before Beta 1.5
- Version exclusive: Cyan Flower
- Was added instead of the Rose
- Red Mushroom
- Brown Mushrooms
- Sugar Cane
- Wooden and Cobblestone stairs
- Stone slabs
- Wood Planks
- Oak Wood
- Block of Gold
- Block of Iron
- Block of Diamond
- Light Blue
A demo for Alpha 0.1.0 was released exclusively to the Xperia Play on an unknown released date.
- Blocks in inventory are now 3D
- Grass blocks looked like classic grass block texture
- Render distance is short so it looks foggy