The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Pocket Edition Alpha 0.1.0
Xperia PLAY - August 16, 2011
There was a planned 0.1.0 Alpha that would have been released on Android, but the release was held back. The version would have had Black Touch Controls and the menu would have looked the same as v0.1.1 alpha. All we have today.
- Randomized worlds
- Placing and destroying blocks
- Ability to invite and play multiplayer on a world (wireless local area network)
- Save multiplayer worlds for offline use with the "Copy World" button in the pause menu.
- A file that is able to run on Android called minecraftpe.apk in the Minecraft Assets folder.
- Options for high and low spec phones (Called Fancy Graphics and Lower Graphics Quality respectively)
- Touch Screen controls and auto-jump (officially added in 0.1.1)
- Used generator from Alpha v1.2.0 to Beta 1.7.3 .
- It is likely that not all of the biomes present in these versions were present in Pocket Edition.
- Mineral Veins
- Works just like pre-Beta 1.5.
- Cyan Flower
- Was added instead of the Rose.
- Red Mushroom
- Brown Mushroom
- Sugar Cane
- Oak Stairs
- Cobblestone Stairs
- Stone Slabs
- Wooden Planks
- Oak Wood
- Block of Gold
- Block of Iron
- Block of Diamond
- Light Gray Wool
- Gray Wool
- Brown Wool
- Red Wool
- Yellow Wool
- Green Wool
- Lime Wool
- Cyan Wool
- Light Blue Wool
- Blue Wool
- Purple Wool
- Pink Wool
A demo for Alpha 0.1.0 was released exclusively to the Xperia Play on an unknown released date. A prototype version of the demo was also released accidentally to assets.minecraft.net with the label "mcpe01_canada.apk".
- Blocks in inventory are now 3D
- Render distance is short so it looks foggy
- Problem with the sounds of Walking, Walking and placing blocks
- The game has a high chance of crashing if playing on Android 3.0 or higher.
- "Say hello to Minecraft - Pocket Edition" - Mojang, August 16, 2011