Pocket Edition 1.1.0/Development versions
- 1 alpha 18.104.22.168
- 2 alpha 22.214.171.124
- 3 alpha 126.96.36.199
- 4 alpha 188.8.131.52
- 5 alpha 184.108.40.206
- 6 alpha 220.127.116.11
- 7 alpha 18.104.22.168
- 8 Notes and references
This is a list of Pocket Edition 1.1.0 development versions.
- New languages: Angličtina, Dansk, Bahasa Indonesia, Magyar, Norsk, Polski, Slovensky, Suomi, Svenska, Türkçe, Ελληνικά, Български, and Українська.
- Version exclusives: Mansion floors use oak planks instead of birch planks, and banners do not generate
- Adventure mode (However, it will not load for some players)
- Off-hand slot
- Added a setting to toggle Smooth Lighting
- Added a setting to change the screen safe area.
- Heart and food bar are now located in the hotbar.
- Entity and block entity IDs
- Use underscores to separate words, rather than using single words in mixed case.
- The following names have changed:
|Old name||New name||Change|
- New game rules:
- Changes in world generation. Seeds which contain pre-generated structures such as ocean monuments & igloos may generate those structures in different places now.
CanDestroyare now supported in the
/locatecommand will now find more structures
r=tag in the square brackets of
@e[<tag>]no longer works due to a bug
- Maps are now numbered so you can tell which map is which
- Empty maps with compasses have been renamed to locator maps to distinguish between empty maps without compasses
- Enchanted golden apple is now called Enchanted Apple
- Updated color palette for wool blocks and carpet
- Hardened clay blocks are now named terracotta block.
- Can now be dyed in all 16 colors. Also when jumped upon, has a short bounce.
Mobs & Entities
- Now attack with poison time based on difficulty
- Improved lead rope physics
- Worlds will now show a screenshot in the main menu
- Eating animation can now be seen in third-person camera
- New sleeping animation slowly lowers you into serene slumber
- Dampened the vertical look speed when using a controller
- Improved navigation of the settings screen when using a controller
- The button can now be used to clear the hotbar on the Creative inventory screen when using a controller
- Improved controller input when selecting items on the Creative inventory screen
- Fixed a crash when importing certain resource packs
- Players can now see particles after other players fall from over three blocks high
- Leads no longer float above rabbits' heads
- Fixed special characters on signs being visible through walls
- Horses now make sounds when they jump!
- Fixed pressure plates and other Redstone items staying pressed when the player leaves the chunks
- Fixed Redstone that is placed below and beside a piston appear to connect to the piston
- Fixed Hoppers not pulling items from above if all slots were occupied
- The host and other players no longer get disconnected from the game session when the host minimizes the game (iOS only)
- Finally fixed the bug with MCPE not starting on some Android devices (Thank you, Tomas A!)
- droppers and dispensers can now be picked up quickly Items shot from
- Players can no longer place top slabs under them while standing on a bottom slab, preventing falling
- Fixed lava flowing too far in the Nether
- Shulkers will teleport away when placed on top of a piston
- Shulkers will no longer drop experience orbs after being killed using the
- Fixed Shulkers that are spawned with a dispenser under a top slab
- Mobs can now see players through non-solid blocks. No more hiding from Creepers in sugar cane!
- Fixed some shading/shadow issues with some Android devices (Xoom/Tegra2, we're looking at you!)
- Fixed mob spawning so it is now modified by the number of players in the game and where they are located in proximity to other players
- Fixed some issues with hit detections against entities
- You can now use whisper-like commands (
/msg) on dead players
- Maps can again be zoomed out in the crafting table
- Green arrows no longer appear on all framed maps
- Green arrows are no longer left on the map after it is removed from an item frame
- potions can now go into brewing stands from a hopper Splash/lingering
- Creepers no longer sometimes get stuck inflating when a player hits it & then moves back
- The End Rod will now be grayed out in the Pocket UI crafting table if the player is lacking the necessary ingredients
/playsoundnow name all players affected by those commands
- Fixed an issue when attempting to activate "Wheel Turning" in VR options (VR only)
- Pressing the tab key now finishes the typed command properly (Rift only)
- Renamed blocks/containers now have their names changed in menus/inventory
- Fixed some crashes when importing Add-ons
- Smite enchantment now affects all undead mobs
- Mobs that are lifted up by Shulker projectiles will now be shown lifting up properly
- Breaking a Shulker projectile will now show the effect
- Starting a sign message with §§ will no longer make the text invisible
- Elytra will now lose durability in Survival multiplayer games
- Mooshrooms will now respawn on mushroom islands
- Experience orbs no longer splash when they fall in water
- Having one spawn egg in Peaceful Creative mode will no longer consume the egg
- Crops will no longer yield a fixed amount after harvesting
- Click MMB on a flower pot containing a flower will now select the flower
- Adjusted the color of several blocks on maps
- Maps created in the Nether will now show red and gray patterns, not just gray
- Shulkers will no longer immediately attack when a player leaves cover
- Trees and giant mushrooms will no longer be missing blocks when spawned on the edge of a chunk
- The Wither will now play sound during its spawning animation
/clearcommand now removes equipped armor
- No more "crazy mouse" - sensitivity should be correct now
- Ender Dragon's ender charge attack now has correct sound
- Cracking animation & particles now display correctly in multiplayer
- Fixed a start-up crash on some Android devices
- Player markers on a map no longer turn black and are left on the map after another player disconnects
- You no longer lose all your text to the right if you move your text cursor to the middle of the text box and press enter
- slabs no longer severely reduces the mob spawn rate Covering a roof of a spawn chamber with half-
- Items can again be pushed under an upper half-slab
- Virtual keyboard is now available in single player (Gear VR only)
- Fixed a crash when feeding adult animals to breed them with only one food item in a stack
- Feeding a tamed wolf will now restore the correct amount of health, depending on the type of meat used
- Dates of save games are now the proper format of "day/month/year" for Dutch language settings
- Polar bears no longer deal damage on Peaceful
- Donkeys and mules can no longer be tempted with food until they are tamed
- Lava buckets that are in a furnace's fuel slot will no longer turn into a water bucket when a wet sponge has finished drying
- Players no longer suffocate when the
drowingdamagegamerule is disabled
- Various mobs inside monster spawners will no longer be huge
- Fixed texture issues on anvils
- Fixed a graphical glitch when sand is falling
- FoV will now increase while sprinting and flying when FoV is set to max setting
- Fixed large oak trees spawning with birch wood
- Iron Golems will no longer attack a player after they are killed by the Iron Golem
- Particles now appear behind arrows when seeing another player shoot arrows
- Shearing a Mooshroom that is attached to a lead will no longer remove the lead
- Chicken jockeys will now walk with the speed of a baby zombie
- Mobs spinning in a monster spawner will no longer stutter
- Blazes will now stop burning after they stop targeting a player
- Blazes now perform melee attacks with the right damage
- Skeleton horses and zombie horses now drop the proper amount of bones or rotten flesh
- The panoramic image view for mash-up packs in the store can now be scrolled using a controller
- Farmland and crops are now destroyed when players jump on them
- Fixed the vignette at the edges of the screen in The End
- Items thrown by players no longer carry the player's momentum
- Conditional/Unconditional setting for Command Blocks will now copy when using Ctrl+MMB
- Fixed textures on the bottom of lead knots
- Fixed the height view distance when Beautiful Skies is enabled
- High-jumping horses will no longer take damage when they jump and land from the same height
- Mobs can no longer spawn on top of slabs
- Fixed a crash when interacting with skulls
- Mobs from the overworld will no longer spawn in The End
- pistons Fixed falling blocks breaking and duplicating when falling onto
- Armor Items are now equipped to mobs when dispensed
- Several Redstone components like buttons and levers can be now placed on top of fences and walls
- Color gradients of grass blocks no longer appear as large-square patterns
- Rails can no longer be duplicated using sticky pistons
- Fixed resource packs failing to import if there are colors in the name of the pack
- Fixed sounds with a variety of items
- Rain will no longer fill cauldrons with the last potion it was filled with
- Boats can now be broken when occupied by a horse
- Skulls will no longer be invisible when spawned with the
- Using the
/time querycommand now returns more descriptive messages
- Fixed the consistency of death messages for all players when falling into the void
- The progress of brewing stands will now copy when using Ctrl+MMB
- Executing an unfinished command now updates the chat with 'invalid command syntax' message
- Items can now be enchanted with the Unbreaking effect using the
- An error message now appears when using the
/replaceitemcommand with non-existent slot number or exceeds an item stack's boundaries
- Only the appropriate armor can be placed in each armor slot using the
- Horses can no longer be equipped with any item in the saddle slot by using the
- The correct error message is now shown for import failures of a non-ZIP Add-On files
- Sugar cane can once again be planted on podzol blocks
- The elder guardian's special attack to inflict mining fatigue will now play sound
- Baby Zombies, Baby Zombie Villagers, Baby Zombie Pigmen and Endermites will now attack players standing in fence corners
- Fixed Zombie villager transformation rate depending on difficulty
- Saplings that grow into trees will no longer replace other blocks with leaves
- The Wither's shield will now block all projectiles
- Fixed recipes containing charcoal that could not be selected in the Pocket UI when using a controller and coal was also in the player's inventory
- When using the
/replaceitemcommand, all chat messages after the command is executed will display the proper item name
- Ice and packed ice are now properly destroyed in Creative mode
- Beacon beams now appear through clouds
- Mobs will no longer get stuck and spin around on top of chests
/givecommand with a damage value will now give the item the right durability
- The error message for too much power used in the
/effectcommand now shows the amount of power, not time
- Fixed items received from the
/replaceitemcommand, when executed after
/clear, not being visible until the inventory was opened
- The jump button will no longer disappear from the touch pad when pressing Fly Up and Fly Down buttons
- Fixed the throwing rate of snowballs to be consistent with the host of a game session
- Command blocks will now show all lines in the Previous Output field
- Fixed players having no sound when joining an Xbox Live game
- Fixed two bugs causing Android devices to completely crash.
- Version exclusive: Minecraft Marketplace
- UI tweaks to accommodate Marketplace
- Added a warning if a resource pack cannot find the textures list file
- Version exclusive: Breaking a melon with shears will produce the full 9 slices of melon.
- Version exclusive: Putting a cobweb in a crafting table will convert to 9 strings.
- Changed the textures for white, orange, magenta, and cyan glazed terracotta.
- Fixed multiple issues with the evoker by refactoring data-driving of the evoker's spells.
- Villagers really no longer walk away while trading and also fixed the trading screen closing.
- - Mobs can again walk on beds & brewing stands without spinning around or getting stuck.
- Fixed a crash that happened when loading older worlds.
- - Villagers can now pick up more than a single stack of an item.
- - Players can mine/destroy paintings again
- - The Wither is now one of the paintings the player can get.
- Mooshroom files in the vanilla behavior pack are now named consistently & uses the correct loot table file when not sheared.
- Fixed a crash that happened when a player tried to rejoin a Realm or world after previously canceling joining the Realm/world.
- Fixed a crash that happened when a mob effect that doesn't exist is applied to a melee attack.
- The owner of a Realm can now join their own Realm even if it is already full and there are other players trying to join it.
- Double trapped chests are again being highlighted when aimed at with the cursor regardless of which half the cursor rests.
- Bottles in brewing stands no longer become invisible after opening & closing the stand UI.
- Players no longer spawn on the bedrock roof of the Nether.
- If the player is flying and disconnects from a world/Realm, when they rejoin they will still be flying now.
- - Fixed a crash when equipping items in the off-hand slot repeatedly.
- All multi-colored blocks are now placed in the order of the color palette in the Creative inventory.
- Players are no longer asked to download a behavior pack when joining a game with one enabled.
- - Health & hunger bar textures fixed - no longer bugged when using a texture/resource pack.
- Fixed a crash when returning from the Nether for the first time. (MCPE only)
- Fixed damage from multiple sources (so players no longer get contradictory screens)
- The player can again move the scroll bar properly when an item in the Storage manager is expanded.
- Add-ons are now flagged both at a child & parent level when a dependency chain is broken.
- - Shulker boxes no longer all appear as white in the inventory/hotbar.
- The game again saves the player's language settings if they close the title.
- Fixed signs so text again appears on the UI as it does on the sign.
- Closing the inventory menu with the three dot button no longer causes the inventory bar to disappear.
- Horses no longer shake their heads back and forth as they walk.
- - Magma cubes are no longer missing their jumping animations.
- - Witches are no longer immune to poison damage.
- Snow golems now attack Vexes.
- Evoker fangs no longer cast shadows.
- If a player still has the invisibility status effect, they no longer become visible if they leave and then re-enter a game/Realm.
- The player can now dye multiple beds.
- Now blocks are only highlighted in Adventure mode if a player can interact with them.
- - Default creative mode items no longer reappear in the player's inventory if it's empty after they re-enter a world.
- The game/camera no longer shakes violently when applying the nausea effect to a player.
- - The Nether portal overlay no longer appears briefly when using the clear effect command after the nausea effect.
- - Mobs again drop cooked food if killed by an arrow from a bow with the Flame enchantment.
- - Arrows of Healing deal additional damage to undead mobs and no longer bounce.
- Achievement description text now appears in one color.
- - Villages are fully generating again.
- Fixed assorted crashes.
- Fixed a crash when taking a screenshot when leaving the world on older Android devices.
- Storage manager confirmation pop-up now scrolls when localized text is longer than the box.
- Fixed a memory leak issue when loading into a world with Add-ons. (iOS only)
- Players no longer receive fall damage when jumping on slime blocks attached to pistons that are extending & retracting.
- No more flickering item counts on the hotbar.
- Items on the hotbar no longer change content by themselves!
- The hotbar no longer appears incorrectly after filling/emptying a bucket/bottle from a cauldron.
- The difficulty in the in-game settings screen works correctly again.
- The hideParticles argument in the /effect command now hides/shows particles correctly.
- Switching a player's gamemode now informs the player that they have had their gamemode switched.
- Vindicators and Vexes now hold their weapons correctly.
- Loading an End City and then reducing the render distance setting no longer causes Shulkers to despawn.
- Smoke particles that appear after a player's death are now the correct animation length.
- Slash command autocomplete feature again works in multiplayer games.
- Can_place_on & can_destroy adventure mode commands now work as expected.
- Fixed several skins on the Festive mash-up pack that appeared corrupted.
- After a world with a resource pack is uploaded to a Realm, the resource pack is again displayed.
- Pressing the play button in the Edit World screen after applying Resource or Behavior packs to a previously vanilla world no longer closes the Edit World screen & returns to World Select instead of loading the game.
- Fixed the screen getting cut-off on smaller screens for the Redstone Mansion store description
- - Dyeing a shulker box will remove all items contained in the box
- Dyeing a shulker box no longer removes all items contained in the box
- The Festive Mash-up Pack will now be properly unlocked if owned
- Renamed the Angličtina language to Čeština, and the Norsk language to Norsk bokmål.
- Exiting the crafting grid will not drop items on the ground unless the inventory is full.
- fences. Mobs no longer get stuck in corners of
- Slimes & Magma Cubes again have the correct movement.
/saycommand in command blocks no longer gives an incorrect message.
- Ender dragon movement is no longer really jittery when in flight.
- Shulker boxes drop one shulker box when mined with a Silk Touch pickaxe.
- All mobs should now be affected by the speed effect.
- Name auto-complete in commands works again.
- "Diamonds to You!" achievement again unlocks in multiplayer.
- Resource Pack purchase screen download progress bars now appear after purchasing DLC.
- Anvils no longer drop as items when they fall on torches - and they stack now, too.
- Multiple coin offers are no longer highlighted at once when navigating the Marketplace with a controller.
- Cave spider spawners now generate more often in abandoned mineshafts.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when chests & cauldrons collided with each other.
- Arrows no longer stutter when fired while riding an animal.
- Increased the speed and range of the Evoker's Fang attack.
- Template worlds will once again appear on the create world screen.
- Rideable mobs can only be ridden when equipped with a saddle.
- Particles traveling from bookshelves to enchantment tables will now travel over blocks.
- Fixed a crash when attempting to type more than four lines on a sign.
- The Boost button is now visible when riding a Pig with Carrot on a Stick in hand. (Pocket Edition only)
- Chest on donkey/mule can now be accessed with a controller in Pocket UI.
- Fixed texture orientation on command blocks.
- Fixed Broadcast to LAN not toggling off.
- Horses' heads no longer clip through player's face when moving up single blocks.
- Redstone torches now have sound when burning out.
- The on-screen chat keyboard can now be re-opened.
- Repeaters now properly handle delay-based pulse generation.
- Various layout adjustments to the Marketplace screen.
- Pressing ↵ Enter on the keyboard will now move to the next line when making a sign (Android only).
- Fixed a crash when trying to open a chest that was pushed or pulled by a sticky.
- Fixed texture colors of fences and fence gates.
- Fixed 0xfe RakNet wrapper packet compression.
- Fixed a crash when standing in an End Portal as it is completed.
- Lava will no longer flow towards drops it cannot reach.
- Once again have fixed mobs going out of fences when reloading a world.
- Fixed the Leave Boat button missing from the screen.
- Minecarts will no longer jump off downward-sloping rails.
- Fixed the height of shulker boxes.
- Fixed Totem of Undying lighting issues.
- Milk buckets will no longer disappear from a full hotbar after milking a cow.
- Fixed inventory and player icons for Exploration Maps.
/replaceitemwill now work with the off-hand slot.
- dispensers using the Pocket UI. You can again craft
- Vexes will still have their swords when you reload a world.
- Fixed melon slices so they don't turn into more melons.
- Ender crystal explosion is now data driven for added world security.
- Copying a block now places the copied block in the empty item slot when holding an item in hand and having an empty slot in the hotbar.
- Fixed a crash when clicking on the Sign in for Free button while trying to download game music.
- Download of Redstone Mansion now updates the action button properly.
- Panoramas now load properly.
- All players can now ride mounts when it is on a lead, not just the owners.
/locate villagecommand now returns coordinates of the nearest village.
- All Resource packs should now be displayed in the Global Resource list, both in the settings menu & create world menu.
- Players are again able to push mobs into minecarts & boats.
- Blazes should no longer be able to one-hit kill players with a small fireball.
/fillcommand changes should now be saved.
- Text in buttons in the Realms update screen should now be properly aligned.
- Fixed smoke/water particles flying off at crazy speeds.
- Hostile creatures can again hit with melee attacks against mounted players.
- Fixed a crash when downloading texture packs from the Global Resources or Resource Packs tab.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when trying to access XBL.
- Hitting an Enderman with a potion of Invisibility no longer also makes the block it is holding disappear.
- "EnchantRandomly" function has been modified to use treasure flags
- Woodland mansion chests' loot tables have been altered to allow for treasure enchantments.
- Zombie villagers now have the unique sounds that they do in the Java edition.
- Palette colors now match Java Edition's palette colors.
- The "crafting" label above the 2x2 grid in the player inventory was removed because the sizing didn't work in non-English languages.
- Font fixes.
- Updated the beacon recipe to not use a specified aux value and instead use the default.
- Off-hand items are now hidden in 3rd person view when using a bow rather than being drawn at wrong angles and positions.
- Tweaked some weird touch issues with the hotbar.
- Shulker retextured.
- Updated spawn egg texture for husk, shulker, silverfish, stray and zombie horse.
- Updated texture of the Potion of Decay.
- The provoke range of endermen is no longer too short.
- Endermites no longer occasionally spin around for a few seconds when not chasing a target.
- It no longer takes an unreasonable amount of time to break cobblestone walls.
- Snowballs now generate particles when they break.
- Dead bushes again catch fire & disappear.
- "This bed is occupied" message now only appears for the player trying to get in the occupied bed, not the player currently using it.
- Villagers no longer prioritize harvesting crops over sharing food with hungry villagers.
- Zombies and skeleton horses no longer die unexpectedly.
- Tipped Arrow of Decay now has the correct texture.
- Ender pearls now show the correct particles when breaking.
- Blaze rods are now shown correctly when held in 3rd person view.
- Removed the extra white pixel in the Peony thumbnail.
- Gameplay sounds again load on the main menu.
- Elytra has sounds again.
- "Beam Me Up" achievement works again.
- Miscellaneous tweaks & fixes to Marketplace.
- The frequency of enchanted books has increased to account for the new enchantments.
- Using bone meal on a fully grown crop doesn't consume the bone meal anymore.
- Fire ticks properly now- it spreads & extinguishes in an appropriate amount of time.
- Reduced the size of the hitbox on arrows.
- Villagers now use the correct recipe to craft bread and consume wheat.
- Fixed the animation issues with equipped, off-hand items in 3rd person view.
- Villager trading window no longer closes immediately on the first attempt at a trade.
- Draw distance range is no longer too high on low memory devices.
- Fixed arrows under water from constantly spewing bubbles.
- Fixed projectiles never reporting that they were on the ground.
- Fixed text on signs appearing too high.
- Fixed white wool/carpet appearing just as "wool" and "carpet".
- Villagers and zombie villagers now appear in igloos
- Fixed a crash that happened when a player fell in the void.
- Mobs are no longer invincible if the player give them a totem of undying.
- Mobs now play footsteps sounds.
- The profile changes the player's name to the default if they leave the name blank.
- Fixed a crash if the player's language is German & they use a hyphen.
- Texture packs should no longer randomly decide not to work or show corrupted textures anymore.
- Players in multiplayer can now see offhand items of other players.
- Chests can now be opened if an entity stands in the same block.
- Infinity bows no longer take arrows from the offhand slot.
- Frosted ice blocks that turn back into water now flow correctly.
- Shulker boxes now open under top-half slab blocks.
- Horse, mules, and donkeys now take damage from cacti while mounted.
- Shulkers now get damaged by & teleport away/out of fire & lava.
- Zombies suffocate again.
- Spawn eggs renamed in an anvil now respect special names when spawning mobs.
- Players can again shoot at a mob less than 5 blocks away.
- Players can now shoot themselves with a bow and arrow.
- And can also splash themselves with potions.
- Players no longer suffocate while riding horses underneath blocks that aren't actually suffocating the player.
- Fixed a few bugs regarding horses suffocating & taking damage when they shouldn't be doing either.
- Players can again exit the Exit World menu with the esc key.
- The developers tried to fix a bug where different slab types override each other. The fix did not work.
Notes and references