1.88 was an update to PlayStation 4 Edition released on February 26, 2019, which added more features of Village and Pillage. This update is equivalent to Bedrock Edition 1.9.0, only missing the experimental gameplay features such as pillagers.
- Added new flowers: Lily of the Valley and Cornflower.
- Added new sign variants: spruce, birch, jungle, acacia, and dark oak.
- Smooth blocks
- Added smooth stone, smooth sandstone, smooth red sandstone and smooth quartz block.
- Stairs, slabs, and walls
- Added new stair, slab, and wall variants:
- Stone stairs and slabs.
- Granite stairs, slabs, and walls.
- Polished granite stairs and slabs.
- Diorite stairs, slabs, and walls.
- Polished diorite stairs and slabs.
- Andesite stairs, slabs, and walls.
- Polished andesite stairs and slabs.
- Sandstone walls.
- Smooth red sandstone stairs and slabs.
- Smooth quartz stairs and slabs.
- Brick walls.
- Stone brick walls.
- Mossy stone brick stairs, slabs, and walls.
- Nether brick walls.
- End stone brick stairs, slabs, and walls.
- Prismarine walls.
- Red sandstone walls.
- Red nether brick stairs, slabs, and walls.
- Smooth sandstone stairs and slabs.
- Mossy cobblestone stairs and slabs.
- Mash-up packs
- Added Steven Universe Mash-Up Pack.
- Is now activated when broken, unless broken with shears.
- Can now be placed on glass blocks.
- More blocks can be placed on scaffolding, including mob heads and flower pots.
- Now panic when set on fire.
- A notification is now sent to chat when a tamed animal dies.
- Added "Immediate Respawn" host option.
- Added several new loading screen tips and trivia.
- Added several new splash texts to the main menu.