December 18, 2018
This article is about the PlayStation 4 Edition. For other editions, see Version history
1.83 was an update to PlayStation 4 Edition released on December 18, 2018, which added some features of the Village and Pillage update (equivalent to Bedrock Edition 1.8).
- Mash-up packs
- Added "The Nightmare before Christmas".
- Added Expansion Pack 8, which contains six new trophies:
- (Silver) Do a Barrel Roll – Use Riptide to give yourself a boost.
- (Bronze) Marine Biologist – Collect any fish in a bucket.
- (Silver) Ahoy! – Discover a Shipwreck.
- (Bronze) Top of the World – Build a tower of Scaffolding that reaches the maximum build height.
- (Bronze) Where Have You Been? – Receive a gift in the morning from a tamed Cat.
- (Gold) Zoologist935 – Breed two Pandas with Bamboo.
- Added cats as a seperate mob from ocelots.
- Spawn in villages.
- Can be tamed with fish.
- Will scare off phantoms.
- Eat bamboo.
- Have complex genetics.
- Have many types:
- Lazy pandas – like to lie about just eating bamboo all day.
- Weak pandas – sneeze gross slime and have less health than other pandas.
- Worried pandas – are scared of thunderstorms and other mobs.
- Aggressive pandas – hit harder and fight for their friends.
- Playful pandas – enjoy rolling around and having fun.
- Brown pandas – are rare and have unique looks.
- Is new way to quickly build and climb buildings.
- White, black, blue and brown dyes.
- Have the same functionality that bone meal, inc sacs, lapis lazuli and cocoa beans had.
- No longer turn into cats, but can still have their trust earned by being fed fish.
- Cactus Green
- Dandelion Yellow
- Rose Red
- Game Chat
- Removed Game Chat and its option at the sound settings. Players must now use the console’s party chat if they want to do a voice chat.
- Fix for crash that would occur while near snow biomes.
- Fix for barrier block in the tutorial level.
- Fix for crash that would occur when TNT blew up a fence post and a shulker box.