1.83 was an update to PlayStation 4 Edition released on December 18, 2018, which added some features of the Village and Pillage update, and is equivalent to Bedrock Edition 1.8.0.
- Mash-up packs
- Added "The Nightmare before Christmas".
- Added Expansion Pack 8, which contains six new trophies:
- (Silver) Do a Barrel Roll – Use Riptide to give yourself a boost.
- (Bronze) Marine Biologist – Collect any fish in a bucket.
- (Silver) Ahoy! – Discover a Shipwreck.
- (Bronze) Top of the World – Build a tower of Scaffolding that reaches the maximum build height.
- (Bronze) Where Have You Been? – Receive a gift in the morning from a tamed Cat.
- (Gold) Zoologist – Breed two Pandas with Bamboo.
- Spawn in jungles.
- Eat bamboo and cake items.
- Have different personalities – lazy, playful, aggressive or worried.
- Have a rare brown variant.
- Stray cats
- Added cats as a separate mob from ocelots.
- Spawn in villages.
- Can be tamed with fish.
- Have dyeable collars, much like dogs.
- Bring gifts to the player
- Will scare off phantoms.
- Can be used to construct scaffolding or feed pandas.
- Can be found while fishing in jungles and will appear in some chests
- Natural world spawning will come in a future update.
- Spawn eggs
- No longer turn into cats, but can still have their trust earned by being fed fish.
- Cactus Green
- Dandelion Yellow
- Rose Red
- Game Chat
- Removed Game Chat and its option at the sound settings. Players must now use the console’s party chat if they want to do a voice chat.
- 3 issue fixed
- Fix for crash that would occur while near snow biomes.
- Fix for barrier block in the tutorial level.
- Fix for crash that would occur when TNT blew up a fence post and a shulker box.