PlayStation 4 Edition
Digital - PSN
This edition is the flagship of Legacy Console Edition because of the power of the PlayStation 4 over other consoles for which the Legacy Console Edition is currently available. It has Amplified worlds, the Large world size, and up to 18 chunks render distance, which are not available on any other Legacy Console Edition except for the discontinued Xbox One Edition.
Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition was announced at Sony's exhibit at Gamescom 2013. Like almost all other games that will be released on the PS4, PS4 Edition can be played on the PlayStation Vita through Remote Play. It was released on September 4, 2014.
Online Split screen does not require all users to have an active PS Plus Membership, although it seems to. Cancel everything that appears on-screen to skip the log in process.
Controls[edit | edit source]
In default settings, the controls are always displayed on the HUD.
- - Jump (double tap to fly while in Creative)
- - Drop item
- - Open crafting menu in Creative Mode or survival
- - Open inventory
- - Place block/use item
- - Mine/use block or item
- / - Change the selected block
- - Move
- (Moved forward twice in rapid succession) - Sprint
- (pressed down) - Change camera angle.
- - Look
- (pressed down) - Sneak/walk, descend while flying in Creative mode, dismount an entity
- Interface (Crafting/Smelting/Brewing/Inventory)
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The game is similar to PlayStation 3 Edition, but supports the enhancements offered by the PlayStation 4 (increased view distance, Large worlds (worlds 36 times larger - effectively 5120x5120 blocks) and DualShock 4 touchpad support). Worlds made on last gen consoles or the PlayStation Vita can also be transferred onto this edition. This allows you to expand the world size of a classic sized world (less than one map).
Trailer[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- 4J Studios, "Happy to confirm we're developing Minecraft PS3, PS4 & PS Vita Editions for Mojang, as well as Xbox 360 & Xbox One Editions!", Twitter, 2013-08-21.
- Dinnerbone, "Minecraft was just announced for Playstation 3 & 4!…", Twitter, 2013-08-20.