This page is about planned versions of all editions of Minecraft. These updates either have major sources to their existence or have received development versions.
Note that only editions with known planned updates are listed here - if no known planned updates exist the edition is left out.
1.14 is an upcoming major update to be released at an undetermined time after the release of 1.13. Unlike the technical update of 1.13, 1.14 will focus on new features once again.
In the MineCon Earth livestream on November 18, 2017, Jens Bergensten revealed that this update is called The Update Aquatic, and will focus on water and ocean-related content. Shown in a short clip are underwater plants, coral blocks and fish mobs. Other additions will be the winning MineCon mob, Mob B; tridents; dolphins; shipwrecks; and icebergs.
Nintendo Switch release
The Nintendo Switch release of the Bedrock Edition was delayed past the release of the Better Together Update to 2018. This will coincide with the discontinuation of the Nintendo Switch Edition of the Legacy Console Edition. If another Bedrock Edition update is released before then, it is possible that the Nintendo Switch release will be on a version past Bedrock Edition 1.2.
1.2.5 is an upcoming minor update with no set release date.
1.2.6 is an upcoming minor update with no set release date.
The 4K Update[conjectural] is an upcoming update for Bedrock Edition set to be released in 2018. It will add a 4K HDR graphics option. The Super Duper Graphics Pack will be added to the marketplace at the same time.
- “It'll probably be in 1.13 at this point, I'm afraid :( It'll be a more bugfixy and technical update, so it will get more love then.” – @Dinnerbone, April 24, 2017
- “Remember that 1.13 is a technical update to make things crash less, run faster, & easier for us to add/change stuff later. Like new blocks!” – @Dinnerbone, October 16, 2017
- “After 1.13 we'll be back to your regularly scheduled feature-creeps. 1.14 is already in the works!” – @Dinnerbone, October 5, 2017
- “Exciting stuff! We'll have more information about all of Jens ' announcements of http://Minecraft.net soon! #MINECON” – @Minecraft, November 18, 2017
- MINECON Earth 2017 Livestream, November 18, 2017
- "Everything Announced at MINECON Earth!" – Minecraft.net, November 18, 2017
- “1.3 will have a full server thread like Java rather than Plutonium mode, Plutonium mode was a giant hack but it showed that it the server shouldn't be blocking rendering :)” – /u/mojang_tommo, September 23, 2017
- “I've been working on making Plutonium Mode not experimental, 1.3 should have it on everywhere. And be a bit faster!” – @_tomcc, September 17, 2017
- “The Super Duper Graphics pack will be launching next year. Keep your eyes on Minecraft.net for future updates!” – @Minecraft, November 18, 2017
- "All the News From E3!" – Minecraft.net, June 11, 2017
|Legacy Console Edition|
|New Nintendo 3DS Edition|