This page is about planned versions of all editions of Minecraft. These updates either have major sources to their existence or have received development versions.
Note that only editions with known planned updates are listed here; if no known planned updates exist the edition is left out.
The Texture Update is an upcoming major change to textures in Minecraft. It will change most textures in Minecraft except for iconic textures such as the Creeper. Old textures will be a separate download when the new default pack officially releases. The new unfinished texture is now available as a resource pack through this link.
1.15 is an upcoming major update that is planned to be released at an undetermined time after 1.14. The details of this update have not yet been revealed.
1.16 is another upcoming major update that will be released sometime after 1.15. Again, the details have not yet been revealed.
The 4K Update is an upcoming update for Bedrock Edition set to be released in 2018. It will add a 4K HDR graphics option. The Super Duper Graphics Pack will be added to the marketplace at the same time.
The Texture Update is an upcoming major change to textures in Minecraft. It will change most textures in both Java and Bedrock except for iconic textures such as the Creeper. Old textures will be a separate download when the new default pack officially releases.
PlayStation 4 Edition, PlayStation 3 Edition, Xbox 360 Edition, PS Vita Edition, and Wii U Edition will all receive the Update Aquatic. It will arrive a little while after the initial launch of the Update Aquatic. With the exception of PlayStation 4 Edition, this will mark the last major update for the game. This is due to the total players of the older generation of consoles now making up less than 5% of the active players.
The Update Aquatic will not be coming to the older editions for Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. Players of the old Xbox One Edition can get the Bedrock Edition for free, while Switch users will receive a patch for the Update Aquatic once Bedrock Edition releases on the Switch and will also be able to install the new version of the game for free.
- “WHAT IS JAPPA DOING TO MY MINECRAFT? Changing the textures! Except for a few, like the Creeper. Across all versions? YEP, both on Java and Bedrock. You cannot escape my sweet, sweet textures. When? Soon! In the Beta Resource Pack, where all my beloved pixels live.” – @JasperBoerstra, November 10, 2017
- "Try the new Minecraft Java Textures" – Minecraft.net, 14 December 2017
- “I can't tell you the theme but unrelated to that it'll have lots and lots of new slabs/stairs/etc. We don't have nearly enough.” – @Dinnerbone, April 17, 2018
- “The combat system overhaul will not be part of Minecraft 1.14. Mojang wants to take time and really get a lot of feedback.” – @docm77, May 31, 2018
- “Bon on a pas pu filmer ce matin mais je ferai un debrief sur la conf qu’on a eu avec les mec de mojang. En gros ils ont déjà une roadmap pour 1.14, 1.15 et 1.16 avec une maj focus sur des mécaniques du jeu (mais pas redstone) et une sur le pvp” – @aypierremc, May 30, 2018
- “The Super Duper Graphics pack will be launching next year. Keep your eyes on Minecraft.net for future updates!” – @Minecraft, November 18, 2017
- "All the News From E3!" – Minecraft.net, June 11, 2017
- "Update Aquatic Coming to Legacy Console Editions" – Minecraft.net
- “Nothing to sea here ;) ” – @4JStudios, May 3, 2018
|Legacy Console Edition|
|New Nintendo 3DS Edition|