We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
This page is about planned versions of all editions of Minecraft. These updates either have major sources to their existence or have received development versions.
Note that only editions with known planned updates are listed here - if no known planned updates exist the edition is left out.
1.13 is an upcoming major update with no set release date. It will focus mainly on bug fixes and technical features.
1.14 is an upcoming major update to be released at an undetermined time after the release of 1.13. Unlike the technical update of 1.13, 1.14 will focus on new features once again.
Nintendo Switch release
The Nintendo Switch release of the Bedrock Edition was delayed past the release of the Better Together Update to winter 2017. This will coincide with the discontinuation of the Nintendo Switch Edition of the Console Edition, as the Xbox One Edition was discontinued with the Better Together Update. If another Bedrock Edition update is released before then, it is possible that the Nintendo Switch release will be on a version past Bedrock Edition 1.2.
The 4K Update[conjectural] is an upcoming update for Bedrock Edition set to be released in late 2017. It will add a 4K HDR graphics option. The Super Duper Graphics Pack will be added to the marketplace at the same time.
- “It'll probably be in 1.13 at this point, I'm afraid :( It'll be a more bugfixy and technical update, so it will get more love then.” – @Dinnerbone, April 24, 2017
- “After 1.13 we'll be back to your regularly scheduled feature-creeps. 1.14 is already in the works!” – @Dinnerbone, October 5, 2017
- "Better Together FAQ" – Minecraft.net, September 20, 2017
- “1.3 will have a full server thread like Java rather than Plutonium mode, Plutonium mode was a giant hack but it showed that it the server shouldn't be blocking rendering :)” – /u/mojang_tommo, September 23, 2017
- “I've been working on making Plutonium Mode not experimental, 1.3 should have it on everywhere. And be a bit faster!” – @_tomcc, September 17, 2017
- "All the News From E3!" – Minecraft.net, June 11, 2017
|Legacy Console Edition|
|New Nintendo 3DS Edition|