|This page describes content that may be included in a future update.|
These features have appeared in development versions, but the full update containing these features has not been released yet.
Piglin brutes always spawn holding a golden axe. They do not spawn with armor and never equip armor from the ground.
- A golden axe, which has an 8.5% chance of dropping.
- It has random durability.
- 5 experience points are dropped upon death if killed by a player or tamed wolf.
Piglin brutes harm players, wither skeletons, iron golems (if provoked), and withers, and are not distracted by gold related items or blocks. In peaceful difficulty, piglin brutes do not attack in Bedrock Edition. In Java Edition, however, piglin brutes despawn immediately in peaceful difficulty. Piglin brutes do not retreat from soul fire related items, nor do they retreat from zoglins or zombified piglins. Unlike normal piglins, they do not attack adult hoglins, but they can join in if other piglins are hunting a hoglin. They also do not do a "victory dance".
Like piglins, piglin brutes can "hear" players through walls when they open containers (such as chests) and break gold-type blocks. They become hostile to these players, aggravating nearby piglins and other piglin brutes.
Piglin brutes do not pick up items off the ground, including armor and weapons. They also cannot be bartered with.
When in the Overworld or the End, piglin brutes transform into zombified piglins after 15 seconds. Upon transformation, the spawned zombified piglin has the Nausea effect for 10 seconds. This Nausea effect is purely cosmetic and has no impact on the behavior. In Java Edition, they keep their axes when turned into a zombified piglin. Besides wielding said axe in Java Edition, these zombified piglins behave the same as ones created or spawned from other sources.
|Name||Namespaced ID||Translation key|
|Name||Namespaced ID||Numeric ID||Translation key|
|Icon||Advancement||In-game description||Parent||Actual requirements (if different)||Namespaced ID|
|Monster Hunter||Kill any hostile monster||Adventure||Kill one of these 33 mobs. In Java Edition 1.16.2[upcoming], piglin brutes can also be killed for this advancement. Other mobs, if any, may be killed, but are ignored for this advancement.|
|Monsters Hunted||Kill one of every hostile monster||Monster Hunter||Kill each of these 33 mobs. In Java Edition 1.16.2[upcoming], piglin brutes are also required for this advancement. Other mobs, if any, may be killed, but are ignored for this advancement.|
|Upcoming Java Edition|
|June 25, 2020||Piglin brutes are mentioned to come to Java Edition in a 1.16.x release.|
|1.16.2||20w27a||Added piglin brutes.|
|Upcoming Bedrock Edition|
|1.16.20||beta 22.214.171.124||Added piglin brutes.|
- Piglin brutes were created late in 1.16's development so they were pushed to a minor release as the developers did not want to add a new feature so close to release.
- The golden arm guard is meant to work as a "protection" and is the reason behind their high health.
- Even if a piglin brute is left handed, the arm guard always appears on their left arm.
- When a Bedrock Edition 1.16.0 client joins a Bedrock Edition beta 126.96.36.199 server, any piglin brutes in the world will be present. The piglin brutes will be invisible once spawned and have the same drops as normal.
A preview of the piglin brute.
- "Pretty much, yes." – @henrikkniberg, June 25, 2020
- "Their golden arm guard functions as a mini shield, now it wont block in animation, but that's the idea behind it Folded hands Hence why they have more health than normal piglins, they don't wear armor at all, they feel like it wears them down. These piggies are stronk on their own" – @JasperBoerstra, June 25, 2020
- "Introducing the Piglin Brute. A stronger Piglin not distracted by gold, as they are devoted to protect the treasures in the Bastions. They do not respect your golden armor, they see right through your disguise." – @JasperBoerstra, June 25, 2020