dec: 35114 hex: 15F14 bin: 10101111114
See § Data values
|Red Dye +
Like all other dyes, orange dye can be:
- Applied to sheep to dye their wool, which can then be sheared for 1–3 blocks of orange wool.
- Applied to tamed wolves to dye their collars.
- Used to dye or stain wool, leather armor, beds, glass, terracotta and shulker boxes.
- Combined with gunpowder to make a firework star.
- Combined with a firework star to create a fade-to-color effect.
- Used to add patterns to banners.
- Used to dye shulkers.[Bedrock, Education and New Nintendo 3DS editions only]
- Used to dye water contained in cauldrons.[Bedrock, Education and New Nintendo 3DS editions only]
- Combined with sand and gravel to craft concrete powder.
- Combined with compounds to craft balloons or glow sticks.[Bedrock and Education editions only]
Apprentice-level shepherd villagers have a 20% chance to buy 12 orange dye for an emerald as part of their trades.[Bedrock Edition only]
Journeyman-level shepherd villagers have a 1⁄3 chance to buy 12 orange dye for an emerald.[Java Edition only]
|Item||Namespaced ID||Numeric ID|
In Bedrock Edition, orange dye has the ID name
dye, with a data value of 14.
|7||Light Gray Dye|
|12||Light Blue Dye|
|Java Edition Beta|
|1.2||Added orange dye.|
|1.4.2||12w34a||Added the ability to dye leather armor and wolf collars.|
|1.4.6||12w49a||Orange dye can be crafted with gunpowder to create a firework star.|
|1.6.1||13w19a||Stained clay can now be crafted.|
|1.7.2||13w36a||With the addition of new flowers, many secondary and tertiary dyes are now primary dyes.|
|13w41a||Stained glass can now be crafted.|
|1.8||14w30a||Added banners which can be dyed.|
|1.11||16w39a||Added the ability to dye shulker boxes.|
|1.12||17w15a||Added the ability to dye beds.|
|1.13||17w47a||The different data values for the |
|Prior to The Flattening, this item's numeral ID was 351.|
|1.14||18w43a||Changed the texture of orange dye.|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.4.0||Added orange dye.|
|0.8.0||build 2||Orange dye is now used to craft cocoa beans (version exclusive).|
|0.14.0||build 1||Orange dye can now be used to dye water in cauldrons.|
|?||Removed the above recipe.|
|1.0.0||alpha 0.17.0.1||Orange dye can now be used to dye shulkers.|
|1.1.0||alpha 18.104.22.168||Orange dye can now be used to craft concrete powder and colored beds.|
|1.2.0||beta 22.214.171.124||Orange dye can now be used to craft firework stars, stained glass, and patterns on banners.|
|1.4.0||beta 126.96.36.199||Orange dye can now be used to craft balloons and glow sticks.|
|1.8.0||beta 188.8.131.52||Orange dye can now be used to dye cat collars.|
|1.10.0||beta 184.108.40.206||Orange dye is sold by the new wandering trader.|
|Orange dye can now be used to dye white carpets.|
|Changed the texture of orange dye.|
|1.11.0||beta 220.127.116.11||Orange dye can now be sold to shepherd villagers.|