We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Yes, while the Ender Dragon is respawning
Generation[edit | edit source]
Obsidian pillars generate naturally the first time the player enters the End and regenerate when the dragon is respawned.
Structure[edit | edit source]
The following 10 Pillars generate in a 43-block radius circle around the exit portal in a random order:
- A 3-block radius pillar ending at y=76 (total of 1596 blocks of obsidian);
- A 3-block radius pillar with iron bars ending at y=79 (total of 1659 blocks of obsidian);
- A 3-block radius pillar with iron bars ending at y=82 (total of 1722 blocks of obsidian);
- A 4-block radius pillar ending at y=85 (total of 3145 blocks of obsidian);
- A 4-block radius pillar ending at y=88 (total of 3256 blocks of obsidian);
- A 4-block radius pillar ending at y=91 (total of 3367 blocks of obsidian);
- A 5-block radius pillar ending at y=94 (total of 5358 blocks of obsidian);
- A 5-block radius pillar ending at y=97 (total of 5529 blocks of obsidian);
- A 5-block radius pillar ending at y=100 (total of 5700 blocks of obsidian);
- A 6-block radius pillar ending at y=103 (total of 9167 blocks of obsidian).
The second and third shortest pillars include a cage comprised of 73 iron bars surrounding the end crystal, to protect it from projectiles.
Video[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
|1.0.0||Beta 1.9-pre4||Added obsidian pillars along with the End.|
|Beta 1.9-pre6||Introduced ender crystals and placed them on top of the pillars.|
|1.9||15w31a||The tallest obsidian pillars now have iron bars around their ender crystal.|
|The pillars now generate in a circle around the exit portal.|
|There are now exactly 10 pillars, with tops at y=76, 79, 82, 85, 88, 91, 94, 97, 100, and 103.|
|16w07a||The pillars no longer generate with iron bars.|
|1.9-pre1||Some of the shorter pillars now generate with iron bars again.|
|1.0||build 1||Added obsidian pillars.|
|Legacy Console Edition|
|TU9||CU1||1.0||Patch 1||Added obsidian pillars.|
Issues[edit | edit source]
Issues relating to “Obsidian pillar” are maintained on the issue tracker. Report issues there.