Netherite is a rare material from the Nether, used primarily to upgrade diamond gear. Netherite items are more powerful and durable than diamond, can float in lava, and cannot burn. All of the blocks are also unbreakable with explosion values of even 7/8, the highest in the game, however, like any other item, they are vulnerable to cacti, which will destroy them immediately.
Blocks and items
- Ancient Debris − a rare blast-resistant block found in the Nether that can be smelted into Netherite Scraps. Ancient debris are most frequently found at y-level 15. Like most netherite-related items, a diamond or netherite pickaxe is needed to mine it.
- Netherite Scrap − an item obtained by smelting ancient debris in a furnace or blast furnace with fuel. Netherite Scraps can also be found as loot inside a Bastion Remnant.
- Netherite Ingot − an item created by combining 4 netherite scraps and 4 gold ingots, used for crafting and smithing.
- Block of Netherite − a block used for decoration, beacon bases, and compact netherite ingot storage. It is blast resistant and can be moved with pistons.
- Swaggiest stairs ever – a joke version of stairs for the netherite block, available only in snapshot 20w14∞.
Tools, weapons, and armor
- Netherite Sword
- Netherite Pickaxe
- Netherite Axe
- Netherite Shovel
- Netherite Hoe
- Netherite Helmet
- Netherite Chestplate
- Netherite Leggings
- Netherite Boots
The items listed above can be obtained only through upgrading with a smithing table and are made with one netherite ingot combined with that item in the diamond form. Upgrading also preserves existing enchantments and custom names. These tools have a durability of 2032, which is 30% more than diamond (1562).
|1.16||20w06a||Added Netherite tools, armor, blocks, ingots, etc.|
|20w07a||Netherite hoes can be obtained through bartering.|
|20w10a||Netherite armor and tools are now created through a smithing table.|
|20w16a||Ancient debris and Netherite Ingots generate in the new bastion remnant chests.|
|20w20a||Netherite hoes can no longer be obtained through bartering.|
|1.16.0||beta 184.108.40.206||Added Netherite tools, armor, blocks, ingots, etc.|
|beta 220.127.116.11||Netherite ingots can now be used to power beacons.|
|Netherite ingots can now be used to craft lodestones.|
|Netherite ingots can now be found in bastion remnant chests.|
|1.16.100||beta 18.104.22.168||Netherite hoes can no longer be obtained through bartering.|
- Although lodestones are made with netherite ingots, it does not possess any qualites of netherite.
- With the exception of nether stars, they are the only items that can withstand fire and lava.
- MC-176618 resolved as "Works as Intended"