Netherite is rare material from the Nether. Netherite items are more powerful and durable than diamond, can float in lava, and cannot burn. They are harvested by combining gold with smelted Ancient Debris. This will create a Netherite ingot which players can use to upgrade their diamond tools with.
Blocks and items
- Ancient Debris − an ore found in the Nether, and the item obtained by mining it. It is most frequently found at y level 15, is blast resistant, and can be moved with pistons.
- Netherite Scrap − an item obtained by smelting ancient debris in a furnace or blast furnace with fuel.
- Netherite Ingot − an item created by combining 4 netherite scraps and 4 gold ingots, used for crafting.
- Block of Netherite − a block used for decoration, beacon bases and fuels, and compact Netherite storage. It is blast resistant and can be moved with pistons.
- Lodestone – a block used in tandem with a compass. When a compass is used on a lodestone, the needle points toward that lodestone
- Swaggiest stairs ever (netherite stairs) – a joke version of stairs for the netherite block, only available in snapshot 20w14∞
Tools, weapons, and armor
- Netherite Sword
- Netherite Pickaxe
- Netherite Axe
- Netherite Shovel
- Netherite Hoe
- Netherite Helmet
- Netherite Chestplate
- Netherite Leggings
- Netherite Boots
The items listed above can be obtained only through upgrading via a smithing table and are made with one netherite ingot combined with that item in the diamond form. Upgrading also preserves existing enchantments and custom names.
- Netherite armor material
- Netherite items are the only items in the game that cannot burn in lava unless you are in a realm or server[Bedrock Edition only], except a nether star dropped by a wither that has not yet been picked up.
- They are also the only items that float in lava.
- Netherite items tend not to be destroyed in lava but can be by submerging the item in lava, cactus can also destroy netherite items.
- Although the lodestone is made with a netherite ingot, it can still be burned by lava.