The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
|Catches fire from lava||
Nether sprouts are a non-solid plant block that generate in warped forests.
Nether sprouts generate in warped forest biomes.
Nether sprouts can be mined instantly with any item. The block also breaks if the block below is removed, or if water flows into its space. In Java Edition, the block only drops if broken with shears.
Placing nether sprouts into a composter has a 50% chance of raising the compost level by 1.
|Sound||Subtitle||Source||Description||Namespaced ID||Translation key||Volume||Pitch||Attenuation distance|
|Block broken||Blocks||Breaking the block||0.9||?||?|
|None||Blocks||Falling on the block with fall damage||?||?||?|
|Block breaking||Blocks||Mining the block||?||?||?|
|Block placed||Blocks||Placing the block||0.7||?||?|
|Footsteps||Blocks||Walking on the block||0.5||?||?|
|Name||Namespaced ID||Translation key|
|Nether Sprouts||Namespaced ID||Numeric ID||Translation key|
|1.16||20w06a||Added nether sprouts.|
|20w10a||The textures of the nether sprouts have now been changed.|
|20w15a||Nether sprouts can now be composted.|
|20w19a||Nether sprouts now only drop if broken with shears.|
|20w21a||The inventory texture of the nether sprouts have now been changed.|
|The block model of nether sprouts is now centered of the block rather than positioned randomly.|
|1.16.0||beta 184.108.40.206||Added nether sprouts.|
|beta 220.127.116.11||Nether sprouts can now be composted.|
|beta 18.104.22.168||The textures of the nether sprouts have now been changed.|
|Nether sprouts now appear with a glitched texture when broken in survival mode or when picking the block in creative mode. The item received is also nameless.|
|beta 22.214.171.124||Nether sprouts now give the player the correct item when broken in survival mode or when picking the block in creative mode.|
- Unlike other warped "plants", Nether Sprouts currently doesn't have a crimson equivalent. This is the same case of Nether Wart, wich currently doesn't have a warped equivalent.
- Probably Nether Sprouts were initially meant to be a warped equivalent of Nether Wart and then got scrapped. Evidences of this are:
- It's called Nether Sprouts instead of Warped Sprouts, like how Nether Wart and Nether Wart blocks aren't called Crimson Wart and Crimson Wart blocks;
- It currently have no use other than decoration and composting;
- It has the same hit-box as of the Nether Wart first growth stage.