|Date of birth||
July 23, 1991 (age 27)
|Bug tracker profile|
|— Marc Watson|
Nathan 'Dinnerbone' Adams is a game developer at Mojang AB who worked on Java Edition, Bedrock Edition, and its launcher. A member of the Bukkit team, Adams was hired by Mojang on February 28, 2012 to develop the mod API. His first day at the Mojang office was March 27, 2012, shortly before the first development snapshots for version Java Edition 1.3.1.
A common trope attributed to Dinnerbone is that he is commonly displayed as being upside-down. His Twitter avatar is flipped and his user model, as well as any mob named "Dinnerbone", will be rendered upside-down.
In October 2015 he announced that he would be "taking a break from Minecraft PC development for a few months." Later, in February 2016, he further elaborated that though he would continue on other projects at Mojang, he had left the Minecraft team. During this time, he worked on the 2017 native launcher. On February 6, 2017, Dinnerbone confirmed he had rejoined the Minecraft team.
Nathan Adams is originally from Shrewsbury, United Kingdom. He says he learned programming through creating MSN bots at age 10. After finishing secondary school, Dinnerbone was rejected from college, so he found a job with a tiny web development company but was made redundant after a few years. Shortly after starting Bukkit, Dinnerbone was hired by Curse where he worked until joining Mojang. Aleksandra Zajac (MissMarzenia) is his fiancée. He announced on August 24, 2016 that he and Aleksandra were expecting a baby boy. The baby was later born on October 2, 2016.
- Dinnerbone is red-green colorblind, the most common type of colorblindness.
- Dinnerbone's username is a tribute to an old friend of his named Teabone (T-bone).
- Dinnerbone's favorite color is blue and his favorite foods are lasagna and pizza.
- Dinnerbone hates fish.
- Dinnerbone doesn't drink alcohol.
- If you name any mob with a name tag with the name "Dinnerbone", the animal will flip upside down. This naturally extends to himself. A similar effect is applied when naming a mob "Grumm".
- Dinnerbone can sometimes be found on Mindcrack with other famous youtubers.
Adams' Minecraft skin.
- "Achievement get: First person to have multiple Minecraft games on his Mojang account. dinnerbone.com/media/uploads…" – @Dinnerbone, July 16, 2013
- "Learned how to edit the Minecraft wiki. Am I doing it right?" – @Marc_IRL, June 18, 2012
- "Arrived at Mojang HQ and did the awkward handshake dance with @notch and some other mojangsters" – @Dinnerbone, March 7, 2012
- "So I'm thinking it's time for me to actually have a real Minecraft skin, and not this silly upside down one. To the pixelmakingmachine!" – @Dinnerbone, September 30, 2012
- "Things I've learned this week: Turn your avatar upside down, and you'll get lots of messages from helpful people pointing it out to you." – @Dinnerbone, September 13, 2013
- "After that I'm taking a break from Minecraft PC development for a few months. I will be focusing on the new launcher & other cool projects!" – @Dinnerbone, October 15, 2015
- "@half_decent I don't work on Minecraft anymore :)" – @Dinnerbone, February 19, 2016
- "Spent today moving desks at Mojang... Oh hey, I'm rejoining the Minecraft PC team! It's been so long, so much has changed!" – @Dinnerbone, February 6, 2017
- "@Evangeder @KebabuTurka My fiancee, @MissMarzenia, is polish :)" – @Dinnerbone, May 7, 2013
- "Lots of people asking why I won't be going to Minecon. It's because I'll be too busy learning how to use these!" – @Dinnerbone, August 24, 2016
- "(It's gonna be a boy. If it were a girl, it'd be "Wednesday Adams" no question.)" – @Dinnerbone, August 24, 2016
- "@XxzJackozxX I once, long ago when I was new to the whole interwebs thing, knew a cool guy named Teabone. I took this name in respect to him" – @Dinnerbone, September 19, 2012
- "@PoiPoiChen Just minecraft fishing mechanic. Not real fishing! I hate fish. :(" – @Dinnerbone, August 4, 2013
- "@DisBeJosh I don't drink. :(" – @Dinnerbone, February 22, 2014