dec: 421 hex: 1A5 bin: 110100101
|“||An item that makes any creature, good or bad, stay in your world forever? Must be entirely decorative ;)||„|
Name tags can be caught from fishing as part of the treasure category.
To use a name tag it must first be renamed with an anvil, which will cost 1 experience level. If it is not renamed, it will have no effect when used on a mob. After the name tag is renamed, the player can use it on a mob to give it the name given to the name tag from the anvil. Mobs and name tags can be renamed any number of times.
Once a mob is named, it will keep its name and use up the name tag.
- However, a named silverfish that goes into a block will not be named when the block is broken, since it will actually be another, newly-generated silverfish.
Baby animals and villagers will keep their name when they become adults. Named villagers will keep their name if they become zombie villagers, and named zombie villagers will keep their name when cured.
- When a passive mob is named, it will not count towards the passive mob cap.
A name tag can rename an armor stand, though it will not show the nameplate above its head until
CustomNameVisible:1b is set as an extra step.
Most mobs that can be interacted with by pressing use will perform the use action instead of being named. A villager will be renamed instead of opening the trading interface. A saddled pig will be renamed instead of being ridden. Any other mob that can be interacted with can be renamed if the player uses the name tag while in a nether portal, as the nether portal suppresses the use action.
To get a Name Tag with the name "Name Tag", the player must either go through a two-step process of naming the tag something that isn't "Name Tag" and then renaming it to "Name Tag", or switch the game's language settings to another language so that it can be done on the first try.
Renamed mobs will have their name displayed over their head in the fashion as a mob named through a renamed spawn egg. Their names can only be seen if they are aimed at from four or fewer blocks away.
If a renamed mob kills a player, the custom name will be used in the death message in place of the mob type name.
- Any mob that receives the name "Dinnerbone" or "Grumm" will be rendered upside down.
- Naming a sheep "jeb_" will cause its wool to fade between the dye colors, producing a rainbow effect. This won't affect the wool it drops when sheared or killed.[Java and Bedrock editions only]
- Naming a rabbit "Toast" will cause it to have a special memorial skin.
- Naming a vindicator "Johnny" will cause it to be aggressive with all mobs (except other illagers).
|1.6.1||13w16b||Added name tags. They can be found in dungeon chests.|
|13w25a||A mob named "Dinnerbone" or "Grumm" will render upside down.|
|1.7.2||13w36a||Name tags can now rarely be acquired by fishing.|
|1.7.4||13w48b||A sheep named "jeb_" will fade between the dye colors.|
|1.8||14w02a||Name tags can now be bought from librarian villagers, at 20–22 emeralds for 1 name tag.|
|14w27a||Rabbits are added, and naming one "Toast" will give it a special memorial skin.|
|1.9||15w44a||Added to mineshaft chests, and decreased the average yield from dungeon chests.|
|1.11||16w39a||Name tags are now found in the new woodland mansion chests.|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.15.0||build 1||Added name tags, and a new "Name" Interact button.|
|A mob named "Dinnerbone" or "Grumm" will render upside down.|
|A sheep named "jeb_" will fade between the dye colors.|
|Naming a rabbit "Toast" will give it a special memorial skin.|
|Legacy Console Edition|
|TU19||CU7||1.12||Patch 1||Added name tags.|
Issues relating to “Name Tag” are maintained on the issue tracker. Report issues there.
- Name tags were added at the request of Paul Soares Jr.
- A stack of up to 64 name tags can be renamed at once. The cost is 1 experience level per stack, regardless of how many name tags were stacked.
How to use Grumm/Dinnerbone name tag easter egg and lead to make an another animal Yo-yo.