Today, 9/19, is the 6th Anniversary of Gamepedia's launch. Join us for an all-day Mega Stream on the Gamepedia Twitch channel! In addition, all users who log in during the anniversary week will receive a special achievement.
Education Edition only
Unlike other entities, NPCs don't spawn naturally, they can only be spawned using the NPC spawn egg. When spawned, NPCs will display a name hovering over their head and defaults to
NPCs have no AI. They can neither move nor be pushed by other entities. They also cannot take damage or be affected by potions. Nevertheless, the NPCs can still turn their body and stare at the nearest player if close enough.
NPCs are invincible, meaning that projectile will go through their body.
Right-clicking an NPC will show the interface, it can only be edited as long as the player has the world builder permission. The interface allows the player to edit the dialog, name, and appearance. When the player doesn't acquired the world builder permission, it only shows the dialog and the buttons.
- The name of an NPC can be entered in the top text pane titled "Name". The text limit for the name is 32, and the color can be changed by using the color codes.
- The dialog box located right below the "Name" and often used as a tool for guiding. The text limit for the dialog is 256, although in some cases it appears as 337.
- NPCs appearance are selectable, to change the skin simply just by left clicking on the preferred skin.
- There are currently 20 skins available for the NPCs and defaults to the yellow-robed NPC.
- Advanced Settings
- The advanced NPC settings consists of URL and commands. They are used to create interactive buttons. The current maximum advanced settings that can be added is 6.
- The URL feature allows the player to add a hyperlink button. The URL can be entered at the first input box below the title up to 1024 letters.
- To change the button name or label can be proceeded by filling the input box titled "Button Name", the current text limit for the label is 16 letters.
- When added, the button will show up only if the player has the world builder permission disabled. The button label defaults to "Learn More" and the color defaults to blue, it can be changed by using the color codes.
- The command feature allows the player to add an executeable command in the NPC. The command can be entered at the first input box below the title, unlike the command block multiple commands can be executed in one window. The current maximum letters for the command is 1024.
- The command can be presented either as a button or a direct command. As a button, the button name or label can be changed by filling the input box titled "Button Name", the text limit for the label is 16 letters. It can only be executed if the player has the world builder permission disabled.
- When not added as a button, the command will be executed by right clicking the NPC. In contrariwise, the button will be displayed and has a label color defaults to light gray, and can be changed by using the color codes.
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.16.0||build 1||Added NPCs.|
|build 2||Removed NPCs. However, the savegame ID and spawn egg still exists.|
|build 4||Removed the NPC spawn egg.|
|build 5||NPCs now have a behavior file in: 'server/entities/npc.json'.|
|1.0||Added NPCs. These NPCs are editable and can be given commands to do certain actions.|
|1.0.2||NPC interface page is now more advanced.|
|Added button mode for the URL and commands.|
- NPC dies instantly when go below y=0 and makes wood placing sounds as it vaporizes.
- Even though NPC can easily be killed with the world builder permission, it cannot be killed by using the
- The name of the NPC will remain visible from a distance, even through walls.
- "Education.minecraft.net" – Minecraft: Education Edition