||Date of Addition
|Aether 1.9 Pre-release 3 for Minecraft 1.2.5
||13 August 2012
- Skyroot double drops rewritten for easier porting to SMP
- Blue aercloud darkened slightly, to fix "white on top" inventory icon issue
- Main menu still says pre-release 2, when it should instead say pre-release 3
|Aether 1.9 Pre-release 2 for Minecraft 1.2.5
||23 July 2012
- Switched to forge config api, now at .minecraft/config/Aether.cfg
- Mob spawn size is now configurable
- Made repulsion shield work against ghast and zephyr balls
- Extended poison cure time
- Removed automatic mating of aerbunnies
- Removed nature staff
- Fixed achievements resetting on start of game
- Fixed winning the game from deleting Aether inventory
- Aether inventory slots now drop their items on death
- Achievements page now shows up properly
- Fixed the repulsion shield working all the time. It just works when standing still
- Fixed repulsion shield not being used up
- Made sun altar drop itself and have hardness
- Treasure chests now consume the key, and remain unlocked
- Fixed inventory player head rotation being locked
- Removed duplicate recipes for parachutes
- Renamed leather glove to be leather gloves
- Fixed 0-stack chest rewards
- Fixed feathers rendering over food bar
- Fixed alter using the name enchanter
- Fixed typo for skyroot fence
- Fixed sun spirit evaporation of water
- Fixed zephyr snowballs while in creative mode
- Fixed holystone axe, which previously was doing spade work
- Fixed berry bush bug when the grass is removed from beneath it
- Fixed naming inconsistencies with some config items
- Fixed menu music, and the multiplayer GUI stopping music when it shouldn't
- Fixed error report with the mainmenu
- Fixed bug in createWorldGUI
- Fixed multiplayer issues with placing portals and gaining lore books
- Stopped main menu world from saving, by wrapping world.chunkprovider to return false from cansave()
- Fixed crash when lore gain key is used in the menu when the menu world is disabled
- Fixed crash when berry bushes are destroyed in the main menu
- Cleaned up by removing MapGenWaterLily and LayerIsland which came from accidental other sources
- Fixed error message when in select world screen
|Aether 1.9 Pre-release for Minecraft 1.2.5
||July 18, 2012
- Fixed compatibility with SPC
- Fixed compatibility with OptiFine
- Fixed menu music
- Fixed golden apples & healing stones regenerating health
- Fixed shield of repulsion with close skeletons
- Normal torches aren't allowed to be placed in the Aether
- Disabled rain/snow in the Aether
- Fixed some teleporting bugs
- Fixed metadata block bug
- Fixed some weird issues with fire minions
- Fixed rendering of extra hearts
- Fixed shift-clicking crash with the incubator, freezer, and book of lore
- Reduced potential of blue aerclouds to damage you on impact
- Removed void blackness
|Aether 1.04 for Minecraft 1.0
||December 26, 2011
- Added white apples which, when eaten, cure any poison for 6 seconds
- Added crystal trees. These trees can be found floating on small islands throughout the world. Some of the crystal leaves found on the trees contain white apples
- Swets now drop swetty balls. Swetty balls can be right clicked onto Aether dirt to grow it into Aether grass
- Made Christmas trees slightly rarer. Their generation can also be disabled by setting
christmasContent=false in the Aether config file
- Aether grass can now be enchanted by right clicking it with ambrosium shards. Enchanted Aether grass increases the quantity dropped by crops that are planted on them (at the moment this only applies for berry bushes since they are the only crop block in the Aether)
- Berry bushes now drop 0-2 blue berries. This means you have a chance to receive no berries when harvesting them. Planting bush stems on enchanted grass changes the drop rate to 1-3
- Blue berries, ginger bread man, and candy cane food items now heal 1 full hunger bar instead of 1/2 a hunger bar
- Fixed sapling drop rate from golden oaks and skyroot trees
- Added leaf decay to Christmas trees
- Added golden particle effects to golden oak trees
- Healing stones now have a gradual health regeneration effect, and no longer heal instantly.
- Changed berry bush generation. Now generates in larger groups.
- Lava now turns into aerogel instead of obsidian when placed in the Aether.
- Changed animal movement weighting so that its optimized for the Aether terrain.
- Fixed Aether sounds not working.
- Removed the unnecessary edit in GuiInGame.
- Fixed issues with dungeon chests. Using a key on them also no longer consumes it.
- Fixed transparency issues with Christmas leaves.
- Fixed a crash where if you created a new world, it would output an error
- Fixed a bug where exiting a world while in the Aether would create a second Aether, and then teleport you back to the same coordinates in the overworld, often suffocating your character in the main menu.
- Fixed a bug where shift-clicking while in the altar would crash and corrupt your save.
- Fixed a bug where beds would not place correctly in the Aether.
- Fixed a bug where, while another block was on top of it, grass would change its metadata into something ridiculous instead of changing it to a dirt block
- Fixed a bug where skyroot swords used a normal Wooden sword sprite
- Fixed a bug where players bodies would stay behind after death
- Fixed cloud parachute entities not using proper texture
- Fixed lightning knives using a gold ingot sprite instead of its proper sprite
- Fixed a bug where white moa eggs would be slightly blue
- Fixed Aether shovels not picking up snowballs from snow patches.
- Fixed the slider boss's eye brightness.
- Fixed a bug where Aether dirt would have no name.
- Fixed skyroot leaves dropping leaf blocks.
- Fixed a bug where berry bushes would get removed from chunks and the drops would spawn at the players head.
- Fixed a bug where presents would randomly explode.
- TNT from presents no longer destroys terrain.
- Fixed mob pack-sizes and rarity.
- Fixed a bug where it would snow and rain in the Aether.
- Fixed a bug where the console would list the trivia mod and Aether mod as 1.7.3.
- Fixed a graphical error where white, and purple flowers had switched sprites.
- Fixed duplication glitch with the book of lore, where you could replicate items.
|Aether 1.03 for Minecraft 1.0
||December 25, 2011
- The enchanter has been renamed to the altar. In the future, it will get a complete redesign which will hopefully differentiate it from other work stations.
- New blueberry bushes have been added to the mod. They will commonly generate around the Aether, and when destroyed will reward you with a random amount of blue berries. Blue berries heal half a heart. In the bush's place, a bush stem will stand there and over time grow back into another blue berry bush. This means that you could, if desired, make a farm of blue berry bushes!
- New festive tree! These trees can sometimes be seen in the masses, but other times very rarely. They emit snow particles around them, freezing over entire lands!
- Present block added! These presents can be found underneath and around festive tree. Don't be fooled though: these presents may seem friendly but they (upon random chance) can either turn out bad or turn out very good for the receiver. Be careful but don't be hesitant!
- Added 3 new secret items!
- Added 1 new music piece to the Aether soundtrack, composed by the talented Emile! Listen to it here.
- Invisibility capes improved significantly. While worn, mobs can no longer see you unless you swing your fist/sword, making it a very useful tool indeed!
- Ambrosium no longer heals nor replenishes hunger.
- Temporarily removed main menu music and the quick load feature. Sorry guys! They will be back very soon
|Aether 1.02 for Minecraft Beta 1.7.3
- Added 3 new in-game soundtracks, all exclusive to the Aether. Thanks to our new composer, Emile, for creating these wonderful pieces! You can hear them in-game, just like any other Minecraft music.
- Unique victory tunes have been added when defeating bronze and silver bosses.
- A small achievement tune has been added when completing an Aether achievement.
- When initiating in a fight with a boss, a health bar will now appear on the top center of your screen. The boss will also have a randomly generated name. For example: "GeneratedName, the Valkyrie Queen".
- Added a new flying cow mob. Which replaces the phyg. While they are nothing too special, they do drop leather when killed. These creatures can be saddled and flown around.
- Added a new aerbunny mob. These creatures are friendly, and will hop around the Aether peacefully. Aerbunnies drop string when killed. This means, with the combined additions of the aerbunny and flying cow, you can now craft saddles in the Aether without returning to the surface world.
- Added a new whirlwind mob. These hostile entities will throw you into the air when you get too close.
- Added a new quicksoil glass block. Not only can it be used for building materials, but it also gives off a dim amount of light (and of course, speeds up mobs movement speed while in contact with them). They can be gained by enchanting quicksoil.
- Added a new zanite block. This is a purely aesthetic block, for the purpose of storage and building materials. It can be crafted with 4 zanite gemstones. You can also craft the zanite block back into 4 zanite gemstones if you would like to regain them.
- Added a new white flower block. These are commonly generated flowers in the Aether. At the moment they are purely aesthetic, but will have crafting purposes in the future.
- Added a new purple flower block. These are slightly rarer than white flowers, and can be crafted into 2 purple dye items.
- Added a new freezer block. This new block was suggested by one of our fans on the Mantis bug/idea tracker. We thought it was a neat enough idea to implement. Basically, it works very similarly to the furnace in design. However, it uses icestone as a fuel, and can be used to freeze various different items. For example: you can freeze water from water buckets into ice blocks, or freeze cold aerclouds into blue aerclouds. Although there aren't many freezable items and blocks at this stage, the freezer's use will be hugely expanded in future patches.
- Added a new ice ring and ice pendant. When worn, these accessories will freeze all water and lava around the player. They slowly degrade while worn, so they do not last forever. These accessories can be obtained by freezing Gold or Iron accessories with the new freezer block. Zanite accessories cannot be frozen into ice accessories, only Gold and Iron.
- Added a new healing stone item. Heals 2 hearts of health, and is stackable. These items can be obtained by enchanting holystone blocks with your enchanter. This was implemented to balance out the issues with overpowered ambrosium shards.
- Added four new craftable capes: white, blue, red and yellow. These capes can be crafted with their respective wool color. Blue capes can be crafted with any type of blue wool. These capes are purely aesthetic.
- Added four new dungeon rewards. One of them is a bronze dungeon reward, and the other three are silver dungeon rewards.
- Added a completely new main menu which is interchangeable in-game and with the mod Aether.cfg file. This menu previews the last point you were located at in your previously played world. There are three new buttons: Q for quick load, T for toggle theme, and W for toggle world. You can use a particular menu by default by editing aetherMenu and worldMenu in the config file.
- Dungeon rewards are now hidden in TooManyItems by default. The TMIhidden config setting exists to show them again
- Completely restructured sound files for the Aether
- When riding a saddled moa, a jump meter will now appear above your armor defense. This jump meter will show you the amount of mid-air jumps your moa can perform, and also how many are left before it can no longer jump
- Saddled moas no longer wander around. They stay on the spot when you are not mounted on them
- Removed phyg
- Ambrosium shards now only heal half a heart. We felt that ambrosium was too powerful for such a common ore, thus the decision to decrease it's healing powers
- Gravitite ore is now much more common
- Zanite ore is now slightly less common
- You can now press B on your keyboard to gain a book of lore. You will gain one according to the dimension you are in
- Placing Lava in the Aether now freezes it into aerogel
- Books of lore no longer appear in dungeon chests
- Aerogel no longer appears in dungeon chests
- Carved stone no longer appears in dungeon chests
- Lightning knives no longer appear in dungeon chests in stacks higher than 16. This is so stacking is no longer screwed up (as the max stack for lightning knives is 16)
- When first entering the Aether in Minecraft, you will now gain a cloud parachute
- If you hit the bronze boss with something other than a pickaxe, it will now show a message which says "Hmm. Perhaps I should attack this beast with a pickaxe?" so that new people understand they cannot attack it with other weapons
- Enchanted gravitite texture now changed, so as to save sprite id's
- The time taken for baby moas to digest their aechor petals has now been decreased
- Life shards now have a new sprite to make them look more like shards, rather than heart containers
- Blue aerclouds have a slightly new color. It uses a more cyan-like color now.
- Spawning issues have finally been fixed (zephyrs and aerwhales are now less common, and aechor plants more common)
- Cockatrices and zephyrs now despawn when on peaceful mode
- Aerwhales and zephyrs now despawn when stuck
- Fixed the glowstone dust description in the book of lore: volume 2
- Fixed the glowstone block description in the book of lore: volume 2
- Fixed the descriptions of some obsidian items in the book of lore: volume 3
- Enchanting golden darts and poison buckets now works as intended.
- Golden swets now work correctly.
- Baby moas no longer lay eggs.
- You can now configure the spawn rate of Aether mobs in
.minecraft/config/mod Aether.cfg where 0 = no longer spawn.
- Aerwhales which were previously set on fire should no longer be in flames. They are also now immune to fire.
- Swets, aerwhales and zephyrs now despawn correctly, previously they would not despawn and prevent spawning of other creatures.
- Fixed a bug where blue clouds and gold clouds were not generating into the world naturally. Newly explored areas or new Aether worlds will now generate with blue and gold clouds.
- Saddled moas no longer despawn.
- From now on, beds which are placed in the Aether will not explode, and can be slept in as usual. Beds which have been placed prior to patch V1.02 will still explode. To fix this, just recollect the bed and place it again.
- Bonemeal can now grow skyroot saplings and golden oak saplings. You can also use it on Aether grass to grow a group of white and purple flowers.
- You can no longer move the bronze boss with the hammer of Notch projectile.
- Fixed a bug where the initiating a fight with the gold boss would cause massive lag spikes.
- Fixed a bug where black moas would only be able to perform 6 mid-air jumps instead of 8 as intended.
- The cloud sentries which are spawned from the cloud staff dungeon reward no longer make human hurt sounds when damaged.
- Fixed an audio-related issue with moas, where they would build up stepping sounds while flying, and would play them all at once when landing on the ground.
- Fixed a bug where silver dungeons were rarer than gold dungeons.
- Plus many more small bugs have been fixed.
|Aether 1.01 for Minecraft Beta 1.7.3
- Moas were untamable/unfeedable. This has been fixed, with blue moas requiring 3 aechor petals, white moas requiring 4, and black moas requiring 8. You still need to wait for the baby moa to digest its food before feeding it again.
- There was an overpopulation/underpopulation of mobs (e.g. too many zephyrs, very little aechor plants, occasionally no swets, etc.). This has been fixed, by scaling down the zephyr spawn-rate a lot more.
- Golden oaks were minable effectively with a pickaxe instead of an axe. You should now be able to gain golden amber/skyroot logs from golden oaks with axes.
- You could not craft zanite armor, as only the gloves were craftable. This has been fixed, with all recipes added.
- Non-generated quicksoil was still returning drops with a skyroot shovel. This exploit has been patched.
- Icestone used to freeze not only the source block but the stream also. When the source was frozen the stream would stay behind and doesn't go away. This has been fixed so that the source blocks are frozen instead, and the streams disappear afterwards.
- Zephyrs used to drop gunpowder. This has now been changed so that they drop a large stack of cold aercloud.
The spawn rate issues, however, don't seem to be fixed yet though with the v1.01 update.