|This article may need cleanup to comply with the style guide. Discuss|
|The contents of this page are not supported by Mojang AB, the Minecraft Wiki, the or the .|
This is Rbdyck's third mod. This mod lets you craft cupboards and counter-tops - as well as other appliances and foods.
Rbdyck's mods are realistic and historically aware, mimicking the real world. Recipes are quite involved, making you as the player earn your treats. The mod is not overly complicated, nor too simplified.
This mod builds on Forge.
No incompatibilities have been reported.
Barley can be used instead of wheat: any mod that publishes Barley through the OreDictionary. This has been tested with Pam's HarvestCraft.
Please note that this mod affects the Booze Mod, changing the way yeast is made.
This is what the game starts to generate in the world:
|image||Rock Salt (ore)||description||generation|
In addition, This mod expands the leaf blocks, making Oak trees drop Acorns, and Pine trees drop Pinenuts. Both have the same drop rate as apples in vanilla Minecraft. You will need to get your apples from other mods. (A couple of suggestions are: Harvestcraft, Forestry, XieCraft, GrowthCraft, and more!)
New Crafting Recipes
|Cupboard||Plank||crafting||Eight vanilla planks in a “chestplate” pattern make a Cupboard. They open on the side, unlike a chest that opens from the top.|
|Trapped Cupboard||Cupboard + Trip Wire||crafting||Combine one cupboard with one tripwire to get one Trapped Cupboard.|
|Trapped Ice Box||Ice Box + Trip Wire||crafting||Combine one Ice Box with one tripwire to get one Trapped Ice Box.|
|Counter Top||Slab||crafting||Four slabs in a square make one Counter Top. All Counter Tops work as crafting benches.|
|Counter Top with Crafting Pattern||Counter Top + Ink Sac||crafting||Craft one Counter Top with one Ink Sac to get a Counter Top with Crafting Pattern. All Counter Tops work as crafting benches.|
|Churn||Plank + Stick||crafting||information|
|Drying Table||Plank + Stick||crafting||information|
|Cooking Stand||Plank + Stick||crafting||information|
|Smoking Rack||Cobblestone + Stick||crafting||information|
|Meat Cleaver||Ingot + Stick||crafting||crafted by three ingot (reverse "L") above a stick (middle bottom).|
|Knife||Ingot + Stick||crafting||crafted by an ingot above a stick|
|Cheesecloth||Wool||crafting||2 blocks of Wool crafts into 32 Cheesecloth|
|Raisins||Grape (any variety)||crafting||Place any variety of Grape on the Drying Table. It will convert into Raisins when the progress bar completes. Grapes from other mods can be used if they are registered trough the Forge OreDictionary.|
- Buttered Bread:
- Place one Bucket of Milk in the Churn , together with some Bowls. When the progress bar is finished, you have one Bowl of Butter and your bucket back.
- Craft 1 bread with 1 knife to get 6 bread slices, and your knife back.
- Craft 6 bread slices with 1 knife and 1 bowl of butter to get 6 slices of buttered bread, and your knife and an empty bowl back.
- Craft one Rock Salt with one Bucket of Water to get one Bucket of Muddy Brine.
- Craft one Bucket of Muddy Brine with one Bucket of Water to get one Bucket of Brine (you get the original bucket back).
- Cook one Bucket of Brine in a furnace to get one Salt (you get the original bucket back).
- Craft 1 fruit (apple or grape or 1 slice of dry yeast!) with 1 or 3 water bottle crafts into 1 or 3 fruit water.
- Place Fruit Water on the drying table. It will convert into Yeast Water.
- Brew 1 Wheat with 3 Water bottles in a Cooking Stand to get 3 bottles of Grain water.
- Craft 1 Yeast water with 6 Grain water to get 6 bottles of mash (you get the empty bottle back from yeast water).
- Craft 3 wheat with 3 mash to get 1 Yeast Cake (you get the empty bottles back)
- Craft 1 Yeast Cake with a knife to get 18 Yeast Slices. You do get your knife back. If you install the Booze mod without Kitchens, then you still don't need a knife.
- Dry Yeast Slices in the Drying Table to get Dry Yeast.
Making Foodstuffs is covered in the guides further down.
The following chapters will guide you through baking and cooking.
Wonderful cheese! These dairy products are a good supplement to the diet of any Steve. In case anyone is interested, here's a website to make cheese in real life. From a single gallon of milk.
- Craft 3 buckets of Milk with 1 Cheesecloth, 1 Bacteria Starter, 1 Salt and 1 Rennet to get 3 Wheels of Cheese.
This is a simpler form of cheese, using lemon juice:
- Craft 3 buckets of Milk with 1 Cheesecloth, 1 Salt and 1 bottle of Lemon Juice to get 3 wheels of Farmer cheese.
The prerequisites for Cheese-making are:
- Use a Meat Cleaver to kill a Calf to get 1 Stomach. (Rennet is a type of enzyme used to process milk.)
- Brew a Stomach with 3 water bottles in the Cooking Stand to get 3 bottles of traditional Rennet
- If you are squeamish, you can make a vegetarian type by cooking a Slice of Melon with 3 water bottles in the Cooking Stand
- Place Milk Bucket in the top slot of Cooking Stand, and no fuel. There's a chance it will become Sour Milk.
- Craft Sour Milk with 3 glass bottles to become 3 bottles of Bacteria Starter. You get the empty bucket back.
- Craft one Lemon with one glass bottle to get 1 bottle of Lemon Juice.
- (Lemon is from Harvestcraft or Forestry)
These dishes use Mutton (by killing a Sheep using a Meat Cleaver). Raw mutton relieves 3 points of hunger, while cooked mutton relieves 8. Just like raw beef & steak.
- Craft 1 raw mutton with 1 knife to get 2 Mutton Cubes, and your knife back.
- Craft 1 Mutton Cubes, 1 Potato, 1 Carrot, 1 Pot and 1 Water Bucket to get a Pot of Irish Stew, and the empty bucket back.
- Craft 1 Pot of Irish Stew with 6 empty bowls to get 6 bowls of Irish Stew and the empty pot.
You can craft this with either beef OR mutton. Similar to Irish Stew, but uses wheat instead of potato.
- either MUTTON
- Craft 1 raw mutton with 1 knife to get 2 mutton cubes, and your knife back.
- Craft 1 mutton cubes, 1 wheat, 1 carrot, 1 pot and 1 water bucket to get a Pot of Scotch Broth, and the empty bucket.
- or BEEF:
- Craft 1 raw beef with 1 knife to get 2 beef slices, and your knife back.
- Craft 1 beef slices, 1 wheat, 1 carrot, 1 pot and 1 water bucket to get a Pot of Scotch Broth, and the empty bucket.
- Then craft 1 Pot of Scotch Broth, 6 empty bowls to get 6 bowls of Scotch Broth and the empty pot.
Eating jerky will relieve 4 hunger, with saturation the same as Steak.
- Craft 1 beef slices, 1 salt, 1 garlic clove to get 1 raw jerky.
- Place raw jerky on the smoking rack. When the progress bar is complete, it will become Jerky.
- (Garlic is from the Mithril mod. Although Jerky is part of the Kitchens mod, Mithril has to be loaded for Jerky to appear.)
Eating Pemmican relieves 8 hunger, the same saturation as steak. Note: according to Wikipedia, Pemmican was usually made with a hard fat called Suet, and it is around the Kidneys and Loin of a cow. The image of raw fat is based on Suet.
- Craft 1 fat with 1 pot to get a pot of fat.
- Cook a pot of fat in a furnace to get a pot of rendered fat.
- Craft 1 pot of rendered fat with 1 jerky and 1 raisin to get 1 Pemmican, and the empty pot back.
- You get Mutton by killing a Sheep using a Meat Cleaver.
- You get Fat from killing a Cow using the Meat Cleaver.
- You get Raisin from drying Grapes in a drying table.
- (Grapes are from the Booze mod or Harvestcraft)
Cooking with Pinecones
Pine trees give you Pinecones at the same "drop-rate" as apples.
- Craft 1 Pinecone to get 1 pile of Pinenuts.
- This was a common desert in England in the 1400's. Usage of spices can be disabled in the config.
- Craft 2 Honey with 1 Pinenuts, 1 Ginger, one 1 Ground Cinnamon, 1 Black Pepper and 1 Pot to get a Pot of Pynade
- Cook 1 Pot of Pynade to get 1 Pynade (you get the empty pot back)
- (Ginger from Harvestcraft, Ground Cinnamon from Harvestcraft, Black Pepper from Harvestcraft, Honey from Harvestcraft or Forestry)
- This is also a desert from Medieval England, but used later when English folks had sugar. Usage of spices can be disabled in the config.
- Craft 1 Honey with 1 Sugar, 1 Pinenuts, 1 Ginger and 1 Pot to get 1 Pot of Cryfpes.
- Cook 1 Pot of Cryfpes to get 1 Cryfpes, and the empty pot back
- (Ginger from Harvestcraft, Honey from Harvestcraft or Forestry)
Pynnonade: the name is said to be Celtic for "dish of pinenuts". However, it's actually a dish of custard with toasted pinenuts.
- Craft 1 Almond with 1 Pinenuts, 3 Eggs, 1 Bowl and 1 water (bucket or bottle) to get 1 Pynnonade.
- Alternatively: Craft 1 Pinenuts with 3 Eggs, 1 Bowl', 1 Milk and 1 Sugar to get 1 Pynnonade.
- (Almonds do not exist in this mod - only supported through the Ore Dicitonary.)
Pesto:' Basil does not exist in this mod - only supported trough the Ore Dicitonary as "cropBasil"
- Craft 1 Pinenuts with 1 Basil, 1 Garlic, 1 Oil (cooking or olive), 1 Cheese (from this mod) and 1 Bowl to get Pesto.
- (Basil is from an unknown mod, Garlic is from Harvestcraft, Cooking Oil is from Harvestcraft.)
Cooking with Acorns
Oak trees do not give you apples - they give you Acorns! But eating Acorns directly will give you a Stomach ache because of all the Tannins in an Acorn. You need to dry, shell, and soak the Acorns to get Acorn Nutmeat. You can grind this into Acorn Flour too.
Acorns Nutmeat :
- Dry Acorn in the Drying Table to get Dry Acorn. Eating these will still give a stomach ace.
- Put 8 Dry Acorn in a barrel, and fill with water. When the progress bar completes, this will become 8 Acorn Nutmeat. You can eat these, or process them further.
NOTE: The following recipes require ingredients and tools (trough the OreDictionary) from other mods. Pam's Harvestcraft is confirmed to work.
- Craft Acorn Nutmeat with "Mortar and Pestle" to get Acorn Flour (You get the "Mortar and Pestle" back).
- ("Mortar and Pestle" is from Harvestcraft)
- Craft Acorn Flour with Pinenuts, Flour, Cooking Oil, 2 Eggs, Honey Drop and Bucket of Milk to get 1 Acorn Bread
- (Flour from Harvestcraft; Cooking Oil from Harvestcraft; and Honey Drop from Harvestcraft or Forestry)
- Craft 1 Acorn Flour with 1 Bean, 1 Onion, and 1 Spice Leaf to get 1 Acorn Burger
- (Bean, Onion and Spice Leaf from Harvestcraft)
- Craft 1 Acorn Flour with 1 Flour, 1 Ginger, 1 Egg, 1 Honey Drop and 1 Bucket of Milk to get 1 Acorn Muffin
- (Flour from Harvestcraft; Ginger from Harvestcraft; and Honey Drop from Harvestcraft or Forestry)