Mods/Creating mods/Helpful links
|The contents of this page are not supported by Mojang AB, the Minecraft Wiki, or the Minecraft Forums.|
Below is a list of helpful links explaining Java terms and the structure of Java. These links are written by Oracle, the developers of Java.
- Classes are declared by the
- Inheritance is declared by the
- Interfaces are declared by the
- Packages are declared by the
- Variables are fields that vary (they do not always vary, if a
staticmodifier is used). An example of one is
public int variable = 1;.
- Data types are parts of variables that determine values within the variable. Data types include
- Operators determine actions between multiple values. Operators include
?, and many more (see the link above).
- Expressions define values using variables. An example of one is
(x + y) / 100. Statements are complete equations and declarations. An example of one is
aValue = 8933.234;and
System.out.println("Hello World!");. A block is a group of statements.
- Control Flow Statements control the execution of statements by allowing branching and looping. Subsections of this explanation explain keywords like