|The contents of this page are not supported by Mojang AB, the Minecraft Wiki, the or the .|
Kodaichizero, now SanandreasP, SilverChiren, and CliffracerX
The Clay Soldiers mod allows you to make, as said in the name, clay soldiers. Clay Soldiers can be upgraded with many different items. Tiny horses, turtles, geckos, and bunnies are also in the mod, which Clay Soldiers can ride on.
About Clay Soldiers
Clay soldiers is a popular mod in Minecraft. This mod is about small soldiers that fight for their color. Using an insane amount of weapons and armor, the soldiers will fight to the death to achieve the goal of being the last color team left alive in a battle. (If not a citizen or brawler.) The weapons and armor have to be provided by the player to the soldiers. Other than killing other color soldiers, soldiers could also be used by the player to attack hostile mobs in old versions of the mod.
New Clay Specials
Now even newer clay men called Black Brawler (attack all, made by an ink sac) and White Citizens (never attack, no matter what, made by bone meal). (These were later removed, in favor of them being a behavior upgrade. Wheat and Nether wart.)
This mod also includes Easter eggs of soldiers with rare skins. These soldiers are either the skins of the developers of the mod, famous YouTube players, or mobs.
How to create Clay soldiers and Shear blades
To create Shear blades, you put a shear on the crafting table and each will make 2 blades.
block of emerald (lighting attack enemy near)
Clay Soldiers can be upgraded with:
- Leather (For a chestplate)
- Wool (For upgraded chestplate)
- Stick (Gives attack boost) (right hand)
- Flint (To sharpen the Sticks)
- Gold nugget (To make a soldier into a king)
- Gold ingot (To give golden armor to a king soldier)
- Redstone (For blinding enemies)
- Slime (Glues enemy soldier to the ground, wears off quickly)
- Glowstone dust (To make the soldier glow at night, glowstone blocks for infinite use)
- Milk (Gives a soldier its default behavior back from effects such as wheat)
- Clay (To revive fallen clay soldiers and mounts)
- Gunpowder (Explodes when killed, doesn't drop items) (TNT for infinite use)
- Coal (Increases the fire time of fire-causing weapons)
- Lily pad (Soldiers float in water) (pants)
- Magma cream (Increases the rate of critical hits on other soldiers and explodes upon death)
- Glistering melon (Heals others, but makes soldier unable to attack)
- Feather (Gives soldier a parachute)
- Glass (Increases vision range(also works with empty bottles)) (goggles)
- Diamonds (Increases item durability, and soldier's HP and turn a solider into a queen)
- Fermented spider eye (Makes soldiers neutral and only attacks when attacked upon)
- Shear blade (Gives a soldier a melee weapon and if given two the soldier will have dual wield) (right hand or right and left hand)
- Ender pearl (Corrupts a clay soldier to attack others and will attack players, hard to kill with diamonds, best if you avoid giving super soldiers ender pearls)
- Sugar (Increases the speed of the soldiers)
- Iron ingot (Iron-core soldiers are unable to ride mounts or use Feathers, but they take less knockback and do more to other soldiers)
- Gravel (gives soldiers rocks as range weapons)
- Blaze rod (Burns other clay soldiers into brick soldiers) (right hand)
- Ghast tear (Revives brick soldiers)
- Egg (Scent mask makes soldiers invisible to enemies without Glass)
- Bowl (Used for shields) (left hand)
- Block of iron (Used to upgrade shields, making shields studded, infinite uses)
- Paper (Makes any clay soldiers a cape with no use)
- Clay Cookies (Attracts clay soldiers, changes variation of some soldiers)
- Snowball (Slows down hit clay soldiers, ranged upgrade)
- Fire charge (Hits other clay soldiers for burn effect, ranged upgrade)
- Block of gold (Upgrades all items that a king has)
- Nether wart (makes a clay soldier a brawler, who attacks all)
- Wheat (Makes a clay soldier a citizen, who cannot attack)
- Wood (WARNING - Must be in stacks of 5, 10 or 20, Clay Soldiers can't use full stacks of 64 or a single log. Soldiers can make buildings (5 Wood makes a small house / 10 makes a medium-sized house / 20 makes a castle/fortress but must need a king)
- Brick (Clay soldier takes no knockback, but cannot move -- WARNING: Cannot be equipped if soldiers already have certain upgrades, conversely you cannot equip certain upgrades if you have a brick equipped)
- Nether Brick (Clay soldier lights others on fire upon taking damage)
- Turtles (Swims in water and has a 50% chance to take damage instead of their rider)
- Rabbit (Jumps high)
- Gecko (Wall-climbing)
- Horse and pegasus (Mounts to increase mobility of soldiers, horse increases speed and a pegasus can fly for short distances)
- Clay Cam - Camera access through right clicking a clay soldier, exit by left shift
- Soldiers will be attracted to fishing rod baits, and dyes their own color.
- To craft a horse, you put a 2 of a mount material on the sides of the bottom row, 2 of a mount material on the sides of the center row and soul sand in center of the 3×3 crafting square.
- To craft a snow pegasus, you put a 2 of a mount material on the sides of the bottom row, 2 of a mount material on the sides of the center row and soul sand in center with a feather above it in a 3×3 crafting square.
- Physical (visible/vanity) items for warriors | Blaze rod |
- | Leather |
- | Wool |
- | Bowl |
- | Shear blade |
- | Glass |
- | Stick |
- | Lily pad |
- | Feather |
- | Gravel |
- | Gold ingot (if king) |
- | Paper |
- | Emerald |.
There are several Easter eggs in clay soldiers, so here is a list of them
- You can throw music discs at them, and they will play it.
- If you throw arrows at them, they will pick them up as sharpened sticks and a parachute. However, this is inefficient, as you will lose the flint.
- If you throw spawn eggs at them, they will take a different skin. However, only one type of spawn egg will work for one color of soldier (e.g. a creeper spawn egg will only change a lime green soldier's skin to a creeper, etc.) Have fun with this and experiment to see which one will work with which.
- If you put any horse/pegasus in lava, it has a small chance of becoming an obsidian horse/obsidian pegasus with red eyes. If it is a pegasus, it will have purple wings.
- If you hit any type of turtle with a splash potion of poison, it has a small chance to become a poison turtle with red eyes and take on a green color.
- If you drop a bow, soldiers will die on contact and the game will produce a death message.
- If you splash enough splash potions of poison, they immediately become poison incarnate (immune to poison)
- Give them an emerald and they become able to strike other clay soldiers with lighting bolts.
- Put the an emerald on the nexus and it will shoot lightnings on other soldiers.
It was originally made by KodaichiZero, then development changed hands to SanAndreasP, SilverChiren, and much later CliffracerX working on the mod.