In the Console Edition of Minecraft, in update TU36, the Mini Games option was added. Mini games are essentially servers, but for the Console Editions of Minecraft. The current minigames (as of the latest update) are listed below. When the Minecraft 'Better Together' Update is released, the new version will not contain Mini Games.
Mini Games[edit | edit source]
More is to be added.
- Battle Mini Game
- Tumble Mini Game
- Glide Mini Game
Battle Mini Game[edit | edit source]
Battle Mini Game is a game very similar to the popular server game Hunger Games, often played on servers in other versions of the game. Battle Mini Game has a variety of other differences as well, such as the following: a fifteen second grace period, chests can refill over time, TNT will be instantly ignited once placed, after a certain point a "Showdown" mode will activate, as well as a timer at the top of the game is reaching its time limit. In addition, pressing the back button will view the players in the game, who is alive, and the number of kills each player got. 8 players (4 on PlayStation Vita) can join the world depending on the settings, as well as 16 players on Current Generation consoles. If the game is public, other people that are not friends with you can join your world. Offline games, however, can be only used for split screen (4 players). There are two types of games: Casual and Competitive. Casual games allow all player skins and some other features relating to spectators. Competitive games do not allow player skins that are smaller or do not display certain armor. Spectators are invisible in Competitive but not in Casual, where they appear as bats and can squeak. Spectators cannot fly through blocks but can fit through one block tall spaces and can watch any players still alive.
When you first start a game and after every round you will be teleported to the main lobby. In the main lobby you will take no damage and have the opportunity to explore it. If you are lucky, you might be able to find the six Easter eggs as you explore, with each one rewarding you with a different mob (creeper, wither skeleton, skeleton, zombie, Ender Dragon) or player head for Battle! (Tumble included)
16 Player multiplayer is supported by Battle.
As of TU50-52, a feature was added to allow hosts to only have 8 or 16 player servers, and the clients to choose between 8 or 16 player servers.
Loot[edit | edit source]
All Loot comes from the chests in Battle Mini Game.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
|Icon||Achievement||In-game description||Actual requirements (if different)||Availability||Xbox points earned||Trophy type (PS)|
|The Student...||Win a public Battle mini game.||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||25G||Silver|
|...has become the master||Win 3 public Battle games in a row.||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||60G||Gold|
|'Tis but a scratch||Take 100 damage in a round of a public Battle mini game.||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||40G||Silver|
|Cupid||Kill 2 players in a round of a public Battle mini game using a bow and arrow.||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||20G||Bronze|
|Hunger Pain||Kill a player while you are starving in a Battle mini game.||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||20G||Bronze|
|Mine!||Open every chest in a Battle mini game arena in one round.||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||20G||Bronze|
Maps[edit | edit source]
Since TU49, there are 21 maps in Battle Mini Game; more is to be added in the future until the mid summer of 2017. Each map comes with its own themed builds and music, often based on the texture pack used. (Note: You cannot change the texture pack or music you are using when playing Battle Mode). Players can only play on the first three maps mentioned unless they buy the Season Pass or other respective Battle Map Packs.
- Cavern (Default): "This ancient looking underground structure is the perfect place to sneak up on your enemies!"
- Cove (Default): "Try to survive in the pirate's hidden camp, complete with shipwrecks and caves!"
- Crucible (Default): "A world built deep in the Nether, with plenty of lava for your enemies to swim in!"
- Lair (Fantasy): "Battle in the dragons lair."
- Medusa (Greek Mythology): "Don't look directly at her!"
- Temple (Default): "This mysterious temple is set within the deepest jungle. Watch out for enemies lurking in the tree tops!"
- Atlantis (Greek Mythology): "Deep beneath the ocean, a lost city lay in ruins. Atlantis awaits the battle."
- Ruin (City): "Abandoned and left to ruin, there are still secrets yet to be found. Battle for the raining resources and survive this hazardous place."
- Siege (Fantasy): "Brave the enemy walls or defend the keep. The siege is upon us."
- Castle (Default): "Crown yourself in glory in the Castle's great halls."
- Invasion! (City): "An alien attack has created a famous area. Defend your rooftops but don't fall off!"
- Shipyard (Steampunk): "A port in the sky away from the storm, but this area is anything but calm."
- Frontier (Default): "It's high noon! Things are about to get wild in the Old West, so grab a fistful of TNT, slap on a sou'wester and prepare for an almighty dustbowl dust-up between the good, the bad, and the ugly."
- Dig (Default):"A snowbound excavation site lies deserted. What unspeakable things did the scientists discover beneath the ice? Find out for yourself, while battling against both the elements and each other!"
- Shrunk (Plastic):"Are you tiny or is everything else just really, really big? Be careful not to lose your sense of proportion as you fight your way across this over-sized bedroom and tidy up the competition."
- Halloween (Halloween):"Something wicked this way comes. Full of deadly thrills and sinister shocks, it will scare you off your Minecraft blocks!" (this map doesn't come in a pack)
- Valley (Chinese Mythology):"Discover your inner self as you battle across this this ancient land of dragons! This battle map is exclusive to the Chinese Mythology Mash Up."
- Festive (Festive) Unknown
- Atomics (Fallout) Unknown
- Libertalia (Fallout) Unknown
- Capitol (Fallout) Unknown
DLC packs[edit | edit source]
- Battle Mode Pack Season Pass (grants access to all season one Battle Mode map packs DLC)
- Battle Map Pack 1
- Battle Map Pack 2
- Battle Map Pack 3
- Battle Map Pack 4
- Festive Battle Map
- Halloween Battle Map
- Fallout Battle Map Pack
Tumble[edit | edit source]
Much like Spleef, the object of the game is to be knock Blocks out from under the other players while standing your own ground. The last person standing on the platform is the winner and the game cycles to the next map. In one mode of Tumble, players stand on a single, massive platform and attempt to destroy their opponents' footing with an Iron Shovel. In the other mode, there are three tiers of platforms which players must dig out from each other using Snowballs.
Unlike traditional Spleef, the player must win three rounds to be sent back to the lobby to start the next round. Also, all blocks can be broken with one hit of a Shovel (much like when in Creative Mode) or Snowball -- the sole exception being TNT blocks, which act as both pitfalls for unaware players as well as time-bombs which can be used to destroy the ground lower platforms (in Snowballs mode). Tip: You can mine blocks with snowballs.
16 Player multiplayer is not available for the Tumble mini game.
Glide[edit | edit source]
Added in March 28th, 2017, Glide is an elytra race through tracks. There are two game modes, with one exclusive option:
- Time Attack
- Score Attack
There are currently nine tracks for Glide:
• Cavern (Default)
• Kraken (Default)
• Yeti (Default)
• Temple (Default).
• Canyon (Default).
• Dragon (Chinese Mythology).
- Shrunk (Plastic)
- Body (Default)
- Mobs (Default)
Kraken, Yeti and Dragon can be used by buying the 'Beasts Track Pack'.
Shrunk, Body and Mobs can be used by buying the 'Giants Track Pack.'
Cavern, Temple, and Canyon are free! They get installed alongside the Update they came in.
16 Player multiplayer is supported by Glide.