The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Minecraft Wiki talk:Style guide/Redstone
Using Optifine to lower FOV
Is good for people that uses mods like Optifine to use the zoom to make the FOV lower? It makes something like a orthographic photo. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 19:53, 13 June 2013 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- A good point -- I haven't used Optifine, but my basic rule would be, "does it make the image more understandable, rather than less?" --Mental Mouse 21:38, 13 June 2013 (UTC)
- I've stopped worrying about my FOV too much. If I need to fly to take the picture I just do that. As long as it's not Quake-view or obviously a mod, it's probably fine. —munin · · 22:33, 4 July 2014 (UTC)
- Oppose Wikis should not be organized by subpages. Each article/page should have its own title. Ideally, subpages should only be used for article fragments like video and redstone schematic inserts. —munin · · 18:59, 26 July 2015 (UTC)
- We already have a few set article layouts on subpages of the style guide, and more are to come. — Agent NickTheRed37 (talk) 14:31, 27 July 2015 (UTC)
- ? Can it not be said that this page is a fragment of the overall style guide? I haven't really familiarized myself with all the various style guides – for instance I never knew this one existed – so I don't have a worthwhile opinion on the matter at this point. – Sealbudsman (Aaron) T/C 14:40, 28 July 2015 (UTC)
- Agree: While this style guide does fit a slightly different theme then the main one, and it would be a bit different from the current subpages, it still is giving guidelines for writing wiki articles. This style guide should mainly be building off of the main style guide, rather than being a separate entity and thus having completely separate guidelines from the main style guide. I would agree with the move.
It would also be relevant to note that Wikipedia keeps all of their style guidelines on one page or as subpages of. Basically, the main page describes general guidelines (like our main style guide), and the subpages go into more detail by article type (such as redstone articles in this case) –KnightMiner · (t) 20:26, 26 July 2015 (UTC)
- Agree. -Mikazukinoyaiba 21:34, 26 July 2015 (UTC)
- Agree. I do think it makes sense for it to be a subpage of the main style guide. Should there ever be any other style guides for other types of pages, they too can be subpages of the style guide. –Goandgoo ᐸ Talk
Contribs 21:27, 28 July 2015 (UTC)
- Any other opinions on this matter? Currently the majority consensus is agreeing to a move. –Goandgoo ᐸ Talk
Contribs 11:56, 13 August 2015 (UTC)
- I stand by my opinion, but the concensus is clear. Go for it. —munin · · 18:33, 14 August 2015 (UTC)
- No, if I accept it should be done I should just do it. Done. —munin · · 18:36, 14 August 2015 (UTC)
The style guide for Redstone says that the vertical dimension should be listed last, but I think that the vertical dimension should be in the middle, which corresponds to the difference in Y coordinates, see discussion Minecraft Wiki talk:Style guide#Writing coordinates.--Fadyblok240 (talk) 04:14, 8 July 2020 (UTC)
Publication dates in body?
The style guide says that the publication date should be included in the description of redstone contraptions. However, there is already a references section for that purpose, so I don't think the publication date should be included in descriptions. Should this change be made?--Fadyblok240 (talk) 02:22, 12 July 2020 (UTC)