Minecraft Wiki talk:Issues/Weekly 11w47a
[X] [MP] in smp new exp orb sound doesn't play, just plain pick up sound.
- in ssp these sounds work, but not in smp. can anyone replicate? -- 14:20, 25 November 2011 (UTC)
- The orbs don't even show up until a few seconds later. And when they haven't showed up, they don't even make a sound at all, even though xp is added to your player. 19:06, 27 November 2011 (UTC)
- Agreed. In SMP, orbs do not make the "ding" sound, but instead make the generic "pop" sound that plays when something is picked up. They often do not appear until moments after they ought to have appeared, but can still be picked up during those moments. The only indication of this is that the xp bar grows. 04:53, 1 December 2011 (UTC)
[X] Wolves turn black when they are in water.
- Can anyone confirm this? Wolves turned black both in ssp and smp. (seed to get wolves is 123) -- 14:29, 25 November 2011 (UTC)
- This happens in 1.0.0 SSP too. -- 15:03, 1 December 2011 (UTC)
[A!] [MP] Animals such as sheep or cows, seemingly appear outside (on roof, other side of pen) of 1 block thick pen when they push each other (happens more often if fence is used and there is 1 block gap above fence).
- Tested this in smp (11w47a). Also have tested this on version 1.0.0 in ssp and bug did not appear, but in smp of that version it did happen. Can anyone confirm 11w47a smp it does happen and that it doesn't happen in 11w47a ssp? -- 15:07, 25 November 2011 (UTC)
[X] [SP] When you have a tamed wolf touch a boat you're in, you die but the boat stays intact. Happened only with tamed wolves, other animals don't have an effect. Anyone else experience the same? 17:48, 27 November 2011 (UTC)
- tried in ssp, could not replicate. could you please provide more details? -- 12:52, 28 November 2011 (UTC)
- Tried this a second time, wasn't replicable. Odd though, happened four times on the first instance of gameplay with this update. --
- It's random that the wolf can get you killed instantly. Most of the time the wolf will damage me but I got instant killed once by colliding into the wolf.-- 20:34, 30 November 2011 (UTC)
[A!] [Cr] You cannot target block if there is mob or animal behind it.
- Tested on smp, cmp and csp. Bug did not appear while in survival. Can anyone confirm this bug? -- 15:24, 25 November 2011 (UTC)
- This bug existed since 1.8, all the entities (It mean Paintings, Minecart, Boat, Mobs, Animals etc.) behind block would prevent you from targeting the block. I'm pretty sure this bug should marked as extreme annoyance because if player is building something like docks, minecart railroad, or museum of paintings etc, you can't build/destroy blocks if there are 'entities' behind blocks.. and it's really annoying. (Just my opinion, also, sorry for bad english if there was bad english..) 09:55, 27 November 2011 (UTC)
[X] [Cr] Wheat and dyes are lost from quick bar if used on animal.
- Tested on cmp and csp. Confirm? -- 16:20, 25 November 2011 (UTC)
[X] [MP] Exp orbs are invisible to client (for while, but can be picked while invisible).
- Confirm? -- 15:31, 25 November 2011 (UTC)
[X] [Cr] You can get the iron door back in SP. when you punch it.
- this applies to wooden door as well, tested in cmp csp. bug appeared in both, and only when destroying upper half. -- 12:24, 28 November 2011 (UTC)
[?] Door is closed when block is placed next to it.
- Tested in smp and ssp. Tho I don't know if this intended behavior. Could be that when constructing around already placed door, door shows it's default state by changing to it. -- 15:47, 25 November 2011 (UTC)
- however this does not work properly with double doors, because inverted door of double doors default state is not closed. this has to be kept in mind also when using buttons, levelers, pressure plates and redstone signal. -- 12:33, 28 November 2011 (UTC)
[X] Sapling can be placed on farmland, but will never grow (even if bonemeal is used).
- Tested in smp and ssp. Confirm? -- 16:04, 25 November 2011 (UTC)
- Tested in SSP, can Confirm. 00:09, 27 November 2011 (UTC)
- Not a bug, IMO. Saplings are made to be able to be placed on many different blocks, but will grow on dirt and grass only. -- 11:52, 28 November 2011 (UTC)
- maybe placing sapling on farmland should turn farmland into dirt. -- 12:11, 28 November 2011 (UTC)
[X] When eating something and pointing at doors at the same time doors open and close rapidly.
[X] Normally when placing a torch underneath falling gravel/sand, the blocks break and you are able to pick them up as items. But when you place a redstone torch underneath they gravel/sand stays in the same place without breaking. Once the redstone torch is removed the gravel/sand then falls down to fill in the space. Ac3r14 18:25, 28 November 2011 (GMT).
[X] Light leaks through stair blocks.
(applies to 11w47a even image is from pre5)
- Can anybody replicate? -- 17:19, 25 November 2011 (UTC)
- This bug occurred because stair have transparency. (while it should not.) I'm pretty sure this bug exist since stair added.. and it should be fix. 10:00, 27 November 2011 (UTC)
- Tested lighting with stairs and slabs in CSP 1.0.0, and they seem to block light just like a normal block. 05:19, 1 December 2011 (UTC)
- to replicate: go underground, so that is very dark. create straight wall by digging. create two high, two deep hole on wall. place torch on floor at back of that hole. then place stairs front of torch (1 block deep at hole), and above torch (2 block deep, upper part of hole). -- 11:56, 1 December 2011 (UTC)