Minecraft Wiki:Projects/Screenshot Fixing
Currently, a lot of different texture packs and custom UIs are used in screenshots, which lead to confusion for many readers. Also, the Texture Update modified almost all block and entities' textures.
- Quatroking - Former Minecraft Wiki Administrator 15:43, 21 March 2011 (UTC)
- ultradude25 (T|C) at 22:02, 21 March 2011 (UTC)
- MoonBeans (u-t-c) 22:08, 21 March 2011 (UTC)
- 「ダイノガイ千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 (provisionally, at least) 06:15, 23 March 2011 (UTC)
- Calinou 19:44, 27 March 2011 (UTC)
- Barracuda 20:59, 27 March 2011 (UTC)
- Edenapple 11:06, 28 March 2011 (UTC)
- DrKlozer 00:21, 6 April 2011 (UTC)
- Skylord_wars 16:18, 3 September 2017 (UTC)
- Chrunchstick 06:56, 6 April 2011 (UTC)
- minepro97 20:11, 12 April 2011 (UTC)
- <realnotpure> 18:44, 4 July 2011 (UTC)
- Deathgleaner 06:14, 30 July 2011 (UTC)
- Cool12309(T|C) 22:45, 1 September 2011 (UTC)
- ~ LABHOUSE (LH) 22:33, 11 July 2013 (UTC)
- MinecraftPhotos4U (talk) - This project is nowhere near complete...
- – Dentedharp90041tce
- ―HalfOfAKebab (talk, contribs) 00:29, 19 August 2017 (UTC)
- Gpvmgamer (talk) 02:43, 12 January 2018 (UTC)
- Shrekster123 (talk)
- HaydenBobMutthew (talk, contribs) 12:59, 20 November 2018 (UTC)
- JGatesby (talk) 03:38, 22 September 2019 (UTC)
- Andrew36903690 (talk) 06:34, 25 September 2019 (UTC)
- MMK21stream (talk)
- Provide a uniform standard for screenshots
- Replace existing screenshots with ones that match this standard
- All screenshots must be saved as
- All screenshots must be made with a default vanilla install (no custom resource packs (including the "Programmer Art" resource pack), mods, or custom skins).
- No nighttime pictures.
- Fancy graphics, smooth lighting of at least minimum, the GUI removed (via F1) and first person only.
- No screenshots with other players in the shot.
Exceptions will be made for screenshots specifically demonstrating the feature or characteristic, and for user images.
How to help
Go through the screenshots on the wiki and add the category(s) appropriate to the image. Each policy has its own category to make things easier, and they are all in the Screenshot Fixing category.
If you are in the mood for replacing some images in Minecraft, look through the categories below for any images you want to do. Upload your new image over the original by clicking the "Upload a new version of this file" link on the original image's description page (do not use the "Upload file" link in the sidebar). Once you've uploaded the new image, remove the screenshot fixing categories from it.
For technical examples, a diagram is preferred to a screenshot.
Screenshots that need replacements
Click the arrow to expand a category and show the files in it.