We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Minecraft Wiki:Projects/Rewrite for Style
||This page is part of the Rewrite for Style project.|
The goal of this project is to make pages more consistent with the style guide. Many pages still have most of the information stuffed in the header, and then various information in the later sections repeats that.
How to rewrite a page[edit source]
See the sub-projects for additional guidelines. See General guidelines for standard guidelines across all articles.
- Choose a page from the Gameplay sub-project
- Rewrite the page to fit the style guide standard.
- Place information in the proper sections for that type of article.
- Remove information that belongs on other pages, e.g. information about the void on the Bedrock article.
- Remove tutorial information and add it to the proper tutorial if relevant.
- Remove history information and place it in the history section.
- Add the corresponding category for that type of page.
- Category will be Category:Rewritten gameplay. If an article falls into multiple categories, add all of them so the page lists are better updated.
Please note that these are guidelines, and are not official standards. For the official standards, see the style guide.
How to help[edit source]
Feel free to leave project suggestions on the talk page.
To join the project, add your signature to the bottom of this list using ~~~.
- KnightMiner (talk)
- —munin · ·
- –Goandgoo ᐸ Talk
- –LauraFi - talk
NickTheRed37 t/c (f.k.a. Naista2002)(now known as BabylonAS)
- BDJP (t|c)
- ~ Afif Brika1 (talk) ~
- -Sonicwave talk
- –JEC6789 [ ]
- – Neutral0814 (talk)
- – Nixinova •
To do list[edit source]
Add sub-pages for sub projects
Done: Added blocks, items and entities
Done: Added structures.
Done: Added environment and gameplay
Done: Categories added for unchecked blocks, items and entities
Done: Categories changed to checked
Done: Category added for structures
Done: Category added for environment and gameplay
Add categories to previously rewritten pages.
Done: Categories are all added by now.
- Rewrite pages to fit style guide.
Done: Finished blocks
Done: Finished items
Done: Finished entities
Done: Finished structures
Done: Finished environment
In progress Rewrite gameplay
- Have a bot remove the categories to relevant pages upon project completion.
Done: Removed category for blocks
Done: Removed category for items
Done: Removed category for entities
Done: Removed category for structures
Total progress[edit source]
16 of 48 pages have been completed