Minecraft Wiki:Projects/Rewrite for Style
|This page is part of the Rewrite for Style project.|
The goal of this project is to make pages more consistent with the style guide. Many pages still have most of the information stuffed in the header, and then various information in the later sections repeats that.
How to rewrite a page
See the sub-projects for additional guidelines. See General guidelines for standard guidelines across all articles.
- Choose a page from the Gameplay sub-project
- Rewrite the page to fit the style guide standard.
- Place information in the proper sections for that type of article.
- Remove information that belongs on other pages, e.g. information about the void on the Bedrock article.
- Remove tutorial information and add it to the proper tutorial if relevant.
- Remove history information and place it in the history section.
- Add the corresponding category for that type of page.
- Category will be Category:Rewritten gameplay. If an article falls into multiple categories, add all of them so the page lists are better updated.
Please note that these are guidelines, and are not official standards. For the official standards, see the style guide.
How to help
Feel free to leave project suggestions on the talk page.
To join the project, add your signature to the bottom of this list using
- --KnightMiner (talk)
- —munin · ·
- –Goandgoo ᐸ Talk
- –LauraFi - talk
- BabylonAS *Happy Camper* (formerly naista2002 and NickTheRed37)
- BDJP (t|c)
- ~ Afif Brika1 (talk) ~
- -Sonicwave talk
- –JEC6789 [ ]
- – Neutral0814 (talk)
- – Nixinova •
- --Madminecrafter12 (talk) 01:42, 6 January 2018 (UTC)
- --HaydenBobMutthew Talk
- Jorden lang (talk)Jorden lang
- Andrew36903690 (talk)
To do list
Add sub-pages for sub projects
- Done: Added blocks, items and entities
- Done: Added structures.
- Done: Added environment and gameplay
- Done: Categories added for unchecked blocks, items and entities
- Done: Categories changed to checked
- Done: Category added for structures
- Done: Category added for environment and gameplay
Add categories to previously rewritten pages.
- Done: Categories are all added by now.
- Rewrite pages to fit style guide.
- Done: Finished blocks
- Done: Finished items
- Done: Finished entities
- Done: Finished structures
- Done: Finished environment
- In progress Rewrite gameplay
- Have a bot remove the categories to relevant pages upon project completion.
- Done: Removed category for blocks
- Done: Removed category for items
- Done: Removed category for entities
- Done: Removed category for structures
- Done: Removed category for environment
25 of 70 pages have been completed