Minecraft Wiki:Issues/Weekly 12w42a
Mojang has an official bug tracker and does not track bugs for any editions of Minecraft on this wiki. Please use the appropriate bug tracker to report and view current bug reports.
Legacy Console: bugs.mojang.com/browse/MCCE.
For further info, see the issues notice page.
Do not delete this page, any issues currently being recorded are purely for archiving purposes.
- 1 Crashing/system
- 2 Gameplay
- 3 Blocks
- 4 Items
- 5 World generator
- 6 Mobs/NPCs/animals
- 7 Graphical/lighting
- 8 Sounds
- 9 Menus
- 10 In-game interfaces/HUD
- 11 Chat/commands
- 12 Language/text files
- 13 References
- Have you tried more memory?
-Xms1024m -Xmx1024m-- 20:58, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
- Allocating more memory just prolongs the inevitable. I have found that using
-XX:+UseG1GCcan prolong it even further, but it still happens eventually. -- 01:25, 18 October 2012 (UTC)
- It's exactly like that, using
-XX:+UseG1GCand adding more memory helps but it still crashes after a while.-- 08:18, 18 October 2012 (UTC)
- How much storage do you have left? I know for a fact that without much storage most games tend to be laggier than they should be, such as when my PC only had about 10GB of storage left, games like Half Life, Half Life 2, Portal, Portal 2, Left 4 dead, Left 4 dead 2, mostly games by  ValvE, but others too. 10:29, 18 October 2012 (UTC)
- Please, this isn't your average gaming machine I'm running on. It's a server run by a hosting provider. And it's not lag, it's most likely crashing because of some weird memory issue in minecraft_server.jar -- 11:08, 18 October 2012 (UTC)
- Trust me, mine is also not your average gaming PC, From what i can remember without looking at the specs: -ALienware case, -Quad Core processor, -1600x900px HD HP Monitor, 2010 series, -Nvidia Video card supports graphics for games like Far Cry 2 at maximum settings with Absolutely no lag, also supports 2 screens, -Capable of 4GB of RAM, however i need to upgrade to 64 bit (not sure why it was not already...) to get any more than 3GB out of it, -200GB Actual storage (does not sound like alot, but it is enough for me). Basically, i usually play minecraft with the x256 HD Photo realism pack, i have posted a few screenshots on my steam account, also no lag from that. However, even with all that, it still needs upgrades. I believe the video card driver is out of date, it needs to be 64 bit. Keep in mind that's only what i can remember, there is more nice features to it as well. If i got rid of some of the spam on my system memory, it would run TONS faster. Now i hope you realize i'm not trying to brag, i was simply stating my system specs as of what i can remember. 11:24, 18 October 2012 (UTC)
- You do realise that this report is about the server that crashes right? Not the client itself. Doesn't matter how good the PC is, the server will still crash.
- Yes i do, i was just stating that my PC is not something like a cheap Dell or something. Still, who is running your server? Get them to give it more memory. 23:25, 18 October 2012 (UTC)
- It's exactly like that, using
- Allocating more memory just prolongs the inevitable. I have found that using
- Have you tried more memory?
---- Minecraft Crash Report ---- // I bet Cylons wouldn't have this problem. Time: 10/17/12 9:36 PM Description: Exception in server tick loop java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded at afo.a(SourceFile:40) at agc.a(SourceFile:17) at afg.a(SourceFile:17) at afi.a(SourceFile:17) at agc.a(SourceFile:15) at afg.a(SourceFile:17) at agc.a(SourceFile:15) at afg.a(SourceFile:17) at afh.a(SourceFile:17) at afj.a(SourceFile:24) at agc.a(SourceFile:15) at agc.a(SourceFile:15) at afr.a(SourceFile:13) at agc.a(SourceFile:15) at afg.a(SourceFile:17) at agc.a(SourceFile:15) at afv.a(SourceFile:13) at afy.a(SourceFile:13) at agc.a(SourceFile:15) at agc.a(SourceFile:15) at afw.a(SourceFile:15) at afu.a(SourceFile:24) at ya.a(SourceFile:184) at adw.a(SourceFile:54) at ads.a(SourceFile:24) at zw.a(SourceFile:29) at zy.e(SourceFile:513) at hz.f(SourceFile:115) at hz.c(SourceFile:73) at hy.<init>(SourceFile:26) at hx.a(SourceFile:171) at hx.d(SourceFile:299) Relevant Details: - Minecraft Version: 12w42a - Operating System: Linux (amd64) version 2.6.38-8-server - Java Version: 1.7.0_03, Oracle Corporation - Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation - Memory: 30175672 bytes (28 MB) / 506724352 bytes (483 MB) up to 506724352 bytes (483 MB) - JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xmx512M -Xms512M - Is Modded: Unknown (can't tell) - Profiler Position: N/A (disabled) - Player Count: 3 / 5; [id['shelter'/1559, l='world', x=-897.02, y=33.00, z=926.15], id['krijo'/7339, l='world', x=-794.87, y=4.00, z=797.57], id['koppar2'/7773, l='world', x=1263.33, y=13.00, z=555.88
- World world Entities: 0 total;  - World world Players: 0 total;  - World world Chunk Stats: ServerChunkCache: 0 Drop: 0 - Type: Dedicated Server}}
[X] if you rename an block and place it, then mine it again. the name will be gone. for example I renamed enderchests to: "dropbox". when i place it and mine it with a silk touch it will say enderchest again.-- 20:43, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
- This is because when a block is placed, even if it is a tile entity, it is not designed to hold the new names they are given, it is a very annoying bug especially when you do not have much XP to use. 23:23, 18 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] [SP] when a mob travels from the nether to the overworld and you follow it will spawn just outside of the portal and it will walk around. But if a mob travels from the overworld to the nether, the moment you follow them and spawn in the nether, they will be send back. very frustrating.-- 20:40, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
[SMP] using source material to repair anything on anvil is not allowed,continue doing this will waste exp.-Linglin
- Anvil can repair items, though it will cost more each time you use it. 21:26, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
- I mean this is a bug on SMP,I already tried it,you can take the repaired item,but you can't take it out,and your exp is wasted.-Linglin
[X] [SP] Every now and then minecraft freezes for 2, 3 seconds and then works again correctly. This is more then annoying when you fight a mob, after the freeze you are mostly dead :). I have only tested it in SP. My Specs are Win 7 64, Java 7u9 64, i7 2GHz, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 1GB. Normal world, with cheats and chest on. Fps on balanced 60-80. It happens in survival and in creative (adventure not tested). Pherhaps someone have the same experience? This happens the last two or three snapshots. Edit: lwgjl 2.8.4 installed. ~reptile311
- Nvidia 1GB means what exactly? do you mean you have 1GB of PC memory left? or do you mean your video card has 1GB to use?
23:23, 18 October 2012 (UTC)
- I have to correct me, my video card has 2GB Memory (Nvidia GT540M).
[F] Right clicking a locked redstone repeater still changes delay. --☻♥☺
- Shouldn't be considered as a bug. A locked repeater locks its state, not its delay. 20:41, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
- It's good that way. Don't change, please. -- 21:02, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
- The lock bar is now moved accordingly. /jeb
[F] Locking repeaters has a race condition which can produce different results depending on the update order of the incoming signal. To reproduce, place 2 repeaters, 1 pointed at the side of the other. Connect the inputs with redstone dust. Place torches at different points beside the redstone. Some positions will cause the output to be powered, some will not. -- 01:45, 18 October 2012 (UTC)
- Example: screen shot -- 02:20, 18 October 2012 (UTC)
- I dont think this is a bug. from what the above screenshot shows, the power travels 3 blocks to get to one repeater, but only travels 2 blocks to get to the other, so it makes sense that one should turn on before the other.-- 03:01, 18 October 2012 (UTC)
- This has been fixed in "most" cases. A full fix will have to wait until 1.5. /jeb
[A!] When shooting an arrow in any gamemode, the arrow will travel roughly 3 blocks and seem to go straight down, and once it hits a solid block, it teleports to its correct position.--Codmikeg
- This is a client only bug, if you were to fire an arrow in multiplayer everyone else would see the arrow move. It is very annoying and it only happens to some people at random times. 23:17, 18 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] Boats float in midair above the water and/or sink below the water after placing a boat in the water, saving the map, opening the map, and then touching the boat. To reproduce: 1) Place boat in water; 2) Save the map; 3) Open up the same map; 4) You will see the boat floating in midair just above the water; 5) Nudge the boat slightly by going adjacent to it and it will drop into the water; 6) After dropping into the water, it will actually start to fill with water and sink slowly; 7) Go next to it and the boat will float to the top once again; 8) After that, it may start to sink again; 9) This occurs when placed in water in an enclosed dock, and sometimes in open water. -- 14:50, 18 October 2012 (CEST)
[F] Falling block entities do not drop as resource anymore when falling on a non-solid block -- 19:49, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] Blocks are not visable through clouds when below cloud level. 20:43, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] Caves,Swamp Huts and Dungeons don't generate in Superflat.-Linglin
- 2;7,60x1,3x3,8;6;stronghold,biome_1,village,decoration,dungeon,lake,mineshaft,lava_lake with seed is -1488287512231350885.There's no caves except underground lakes or lavalakes,and there's no dungeons and swamp huts.-Linglin
- there is no dungeon because there is not cave adjacent to it to generate, and no swamp huts since isn't a swamp biome.
- This present already is a swamp biome superflat.-Linglin
[X] When selecting the "Redstone Ready" pre-set, the village tag is added when leaving the select pre-set the menu.
[X] Desert temples can spawn in other biomes. In my case it spawned on a crossing of swamp and river. Screenshot with seed and location. World was generated in 12w42b. -- 19:36, 18 October 2012 (UTC)
- Note 1: Witches were spawning there, so it might be a problem with the generator choosing the wrong template for the witchhut. -- 19:41, 18 October 2012 (UTC)
- Note 2: Temple did not spawn in 1.3.2, so the witch hut is most likely the cause. -- 19:50, 18 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] squid movement is broken and looks extremely laggy. it has been like this since 1.3-- 20:52, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] if 2 players have a tamed wolf, then you breed them to get a baby wolf, when you hit the baby wolf both of the parents will make the angry wol sound, followed by your own wolf not following you anymore. you can make it sit down but that's it.-- 20:59, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] Animals won't spawn in Superflat World except Ocelot in Jungle,Squid in lakes,Sheep near villages and Bat in Caves or Darksides.-Linglin
[X] While riding a pig, looking down at a certain angle (so roughly half the pig's head is showing) will cause the pig to flicker (vanish and appear repeatedly).-- 04:36, 18 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] Slimes sometimes have the wrong size hitboxes. It makes it sometimes very hard to melee a large slime. -- 17:12, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] when you are on a server and 1 guy has a tamed wolf, when you hit that wolf it will become agressive towards you and will make the angry wolf sound and he will continue to hit you untill you log out or he kills you, the angry wolf sound however, will keep playing even after you log out or he has killed you. there is no way to make it stop.-- 20:59, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] A mob that has picked up items from the ground can still despawn like normal mobs, without even dropping the items. Is this intended? It means that if you die and a mob picks up your armor and sword, you are most likely to lose it unless another player is within 32 blocks of that mob until you get back. This seems quite harsh as it can practically mean instant gear despawn instead of the 5 minutes it normally has left. -- 17:13, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
- indeed, I also think this needs a solution-- 21:03, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] Spawning about 8 chickens in a water current, trapping them at the end(May just happen with a group of chickens) makes the game lag ALOT for about 3 seconds when walking AWAY from the chickens (About 7 blocks away), returning doesn't lag at all.
[A] there is no way to tell how much health a cat has left.-- 21:02, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
- Not intended. 21:40, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
- I think his meaning is to know the health of his own pets.
- yeah that's what I meant. there is no way to tell if my cat has 4 hearts left or 2-- 09:36, 18 October 2012 (UTC)
[A] cat eyes don't reflect light. maybe add the same thing spiders and endermen have?-- 20:54, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
- That is a suggestion and it is recommended on the subreddit page /r/minecraftsuggestions 21:40, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
- it's something that should have been added but they just overlooked it. I mean, all cats have it.-- 09:36, 18 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] [SMP] when you create a sign on a server and other people who are a certain number of blocks away will walk towards that sign it will appear invisible to them. when they relog the signs will correctly display their text. this also happens on lan servers except the signs will allways display for the host.-- 21:08, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
- Tested this and it showed up on other screen, still shows text. 21:50, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
- p.s. it doesn't happen all of the time-- 09:38, 18 October 2012 (UTC)
- Make sure you're running the same client as the server, 12w42a. Seems to occur more often if the client and server doesn't match. (they don't always add checks for it) -- 12:11, 18 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] when you drop a splash potion of invisibility on endermen, cave spiders or, spiders, their eyes will remain visible.-- 20:37, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
- That's intended, sheep also has the wool still there. 21:50, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
- that doesn't mean it's intended. when I throw an invisibility potion on a mob it should turn completely invisible.-- 09:39, 18 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] An anvil inside the inventory or as a dropped item doesn't have any textures at the bottom. Picture. --☺ 13:12, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] The player's head orientation (or wearable item orientation) seems to get stuck to the one it was at when drinking a potion of invisibility. It resets when the potion effect runs out. This can be seen by wearing a pumpkin when invisible. Also, the weapon/tool use/hit animations don't work while invisible. (Sword block animation works, and the armor does move correctly when hitting, just the sword or tool hit animations do not work.) -- 17:23, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] The mobs in mob spawners spin really fast. They start out at a good speed, but after a few seconds start spinning really fast. --☻♥☺
- Are you on peaceful mode? -- 19:40, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
- bug has been present since 1.3.1. I can reproduce in this version. because of this you cannot see when a mob is about to spawn-- 20:34, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] Upside down halfslabs are lit wrong. -- 20:18, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] [MP] Other player fishing line is invisible, if player who logged in, had logged out when other player did not have fishing line casted. -- 20:53, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] Any block placed above cloud level will disappear when a cloud passes below or through it but the sun, moon, and stars can be seen through the clouds even when blocks are present behind the clouds.-- 21:23, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] If a Zombie is stopped before it finishes breaking a door the cracks it made are left behind, then if the door is removed it leaves behind a "cracks block?" (not an actual block). If anything is put in it's place even if it's a different shape (e.g. Fence) the cracks wrap around the object though it doesn't become damaged. The "block" and it's affects disappear after a chunk reload. -- 11:10, 18 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] When reaching the end of a portal, the animation plays forever (even in creative) and never sends you back until you leave the portal. I think this happens because the player is stood in the portal when the end of the portal is reached. -- 11:10, 18 October 2012 (UTC)
[A] [MP] Other player fishing line is bit off still, also it doesn't follow the micro movement. pic -- 20:53, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] [Su] the nether portal travelling sound is missing, it has been like that ever since 1.3.1.-- 20:49, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] [Su] The fire extinguish sound does not play in survival, it only works in creative. In survival you get the hitting a block sound for the block behind the fire. (bug present since 1.3 snapshots) -- 17:28, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] minecart sounds still play even after the minecart has stopped moving or you left it.-- 20:49, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] when you enter a minecart and move it towards a powered rail and then you go really fast, the minecart sound will play véry soft, however, when you pause the game and then go back to game, the sound will play at the correct volume.-- 20:49, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] Jumping over most non-solid blocks, such as torches, rails, etc. plays the 'walking on stone blocks' sound. 1:45, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
[A] Throwing an Eye of Ender underwater plays the splash sound repeatedly until it reaches the surface. -- 11:08, 18 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] When turning fullscreen off or on in the video settings then hitting F11 to switch back it doesn't work and the fullscreen status is incorrect (assuming was correct in the first place) e.g. it says 'Fullscreen: ON' when in windowed mode. -- 11:13, 18 October 2012 (UTC)
[A] When saving a screenshot then clicking on the file name in the console, Minecraft treats it as a link to a website and opens for e.g. '2012-12-25_00.00.00.png' in your default web browser instead of opening '%appdata%\.minecraft\screenshots\2012-12-25_00.00.00.png' in your default image viewer. -- 11:13, 18 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] "Edit Server Info" doesn't move when scaling the game window, resulting in this. -- 12:46, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
[A!] Anvils will not repair chain armor. 22:04, 17 October 2012 (UTC)~
[X] If the inventory is open when a potion affect is cast upon a player the status doesn't show unless a potion was affecting them before it was opened or until it is re-opened. If the inventory is left open as an affect wears off (assuming the status is there) it remains pushed over as if the status was still there until it is re-opened. -- 11:15, 18 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] None of the F-buttons (including F3's combinations) work while the inventory (or other interfaces like anvils) are opened or the game is paused except for: F2, F11 and I think F3+S (worked in 1.2.5 and 1.3.2). I couldn't figure out a way to test F3+T and F3+S (only when my sound isn't working), can anyone help me out? -- 11:15, 18 October 2012 (UTC)
[A!] when you are writing a book and notice you made an error a few sentences back, there is no way to undo the error except for deleting the entire thing. can you please add a cursor like you did on the anvil and chat? many people have wanted this ever since books were added.-- 21:14, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
[A!] when you are writing a book and stop at the end of a sentence you will get a glitched character.-- 21:15, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
[A] The "shadow" effect while using unicode font is misaligned and detached from the colored part of the letters (evident in the anvil interface and the level counter at the bottom). Example:here -- 18:45, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
[A] [Cr] Building blocks and brewing items are a bit unorganized, example: ore blocks are not together, slab and stair blocks are scattered, and potions can be tricky to find.-- 21:25, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
[A] Constantly having to place, remove, place, remove to get the picture you want is ridiculous. Can we just have right-click to cycle through the available options, or some other equivalent functionality, please?
- Better yet a selection using something like the new pyramid functionality window would be great. Select the paintings you want through a window... Awesome.
- Great idea!! Hope the devs agree. Might fix the persistent painting bug as well. :) 20:47, 6 October 2012 (UTC)
- Copied from earlier issues page. -- 21:34, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
[A] The performance graph covers the pause menu. -- 11:24, 18 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] Ender Dragons are unaffected by '/gamerule mobGriefing false'. -- 11:24, 18 October 2012 (UTC)
[A] If you try to change your gamemode to the one your in it still tells you "Your game mode has been changed" but it hasn't. -- 11:24, 18 October 2012 (UTC)
[A] In Pirate Speak Cobblestone and Gravel are both called "Pebbles". Given their similar textures, this could cause confusion. -- 11:23, 18 October 2012 (UTC)
[A] In the search tab in the inventory when using Pirate Speak "Search for yer loot" touches the text box. -- 11:23, 18 October 2012 (UTC)