Minecraft Wiki:Issues/Weekly 12w34a
[!!] Trying to fish inside a nether portal crashes the game. Crash report here -- 18:32, 23 August 2012 (UTC)
[!] When you place an Item Frame in SMP, you get kicked with an Internal Server error message.
This is what the server says when it kicks you.
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: kc.<init>(vg, int, int, int, int) at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:2721) at java.lang.Class.getConstructor(Class.java:1674) at ru.a(SourceFile:43) at ru.a(SourceFile:28) at rz.a(SourceFile:94) at gz.a(SourceFile:246) at hd.a(SourceFile:372) at ej.a(SourceFile:58) at be.b(SourceFile:333) at hd.d(SourceFile:56) at he.b(SourceFile:35) at gb.b(SourceFile:30) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(SourceFile:449) at fx.r(SourceFile:222) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(SourceFile:380) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:313) at es.run(SourceFile:536) 2012-08-23 14:22:01 [WARNING] Failed to handle packet: java.lang.NullPointerException java.lang.NullPointerException at ru.a(SourceFile:31) at rz.a(SourceFile:94) at gz.a(SourceFile:246) at hd.a(SourceFile:372) at ej.a(SourceFile:58) at be.b(SourceFile:333) at hd.d(SourceFile:56) at he.b(SourceFile:35) at gb.b(SourceFile:30) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(SourceFile:449) at fx.r(SourceFile:222) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(SourceFile:380) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:313) at es.run(SourceFile:536)
[!] When you are on a pillar and you dig down with efficiency tools, you will stuck in an invisible block.
[!] Timing on NOT gates (redstone torches) seems to be broken. I would expect them to act as a one tick inverting repeater but they seem to require a three tick pulse to activate and then only emit a two tick pulse. This effects any circuit that depends on timing, pulse length, or short pulses. A full explanation of the problem can be found here: Video -- 08:32, 24 August 2012 (UTC)
[X] Normal-sized mushrooms can't be planted outside at night outside of Mycelium. This is because the skylight level is always 15, even at night, and the reason for this is so crops and flowers don't uproot themselves every night. Perhaps there could be a workaround for this. It is intentional that they're not supposed to be planted outside in the daytime, but they don't even work at night. 20:39, 5 July 2012 (UTC)
stop posting the same bugs every snapshot please.
When they get fixed. :-)
[X] [Su] Harvesting a powered Redstone Lamp with Silk Touch will give you a powered Redstone Lamp. 00:32, 24 August 2012 (UTC)
[X] When destroying mossy cobblestone walls in survival, or when you "Pick Block" them in creative, you get cobblestone walls back.
[X] When stairs are placed to make a corner stair block, the hitbox for the stair is not changed.
[X] If you mine a Mossy Cobblestone Wall it will drop the normal cobblestone wall.
[A] [Cr] The bug where you can't fly as fast through water and lava was fixed, but cobwebs still slow you down while flying in Creative mode. 20:07, 14 July 2012 (UTC)
- I feel it should be like that because its realistic. 06:06, 14 August 2012 (UTC)
- Isn't non-realism the whole point of Creative Mode? This is definitely annoying for anyone building with cobwebs. -- 06:37, 18 August 2012 (UTC)
[A] When placing Mushroom blocks of a damage value greater than 0, it will revert to 0 upon placing. This used to happen with s, before they were tweaked in 12w17a to prepare them for inclusion in the Creative Mode inventory. This should be changed because the damage values of mushroom blocks are now available using cheats. We should not have to rely on pistons to place these blocks in Creative. 23:59, 2 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] when placing a splash potion in creative mode into an item frame the potion activates but is still placed inside the frame.--Scompy
[X] the cacti in flower pot doesn't inflict any damage.-- 09:36, 24 August 2012 (UTC)
[X] when you create a map and put it in an item frame. it looks fine. but when you create a new map and zoom it out it will change the map in the frame.-- 09:38, 24 August 2012 (UTC)
[X] when you right klick with a stack of 2 maps (one original and it's clone) on a frame, it put's both maps into frame. When braking the frame, you get only one map back. Only one Map of a stack should go into a frame. --
[X] when you place an item frame on a block and destroy the block. it will take the frame a 3 secconds to realise it's no longer attached to a wall and dropping as an item.-- 09:36, 24 August 2012 (UTC)
[X] While under invisibility potion effect, player animations don't work in third person and player is just holding the item in default position.
[X] When holding a leather cap and going into F5 mode, the cap will be iron
- Its not iron, just white. The leather armor texture was changed to be white for the new color code. The reason it looks that way is because the color isnt diplaying correctly in third person. 03:22, 24 August 2012 (UTC)
[X] Sometimes when eating food in a stack, you will involuntarily eat another unless you quickly switch to another item. Especially annoying with Golden Apples which can be eaten at any time. 18:21, 9 August 2012 (UTC)
- Are you saying it skips the animation? -- 06:13, 10 August 2012 (UTC)
- That does sound to me like a better way of putting it, and matches well with what I see. Quickly switching to another item is my workaround too, but sometimes I'm not quick enough. -- 22:47, 10 August 2012 (UTC)
- The animation doesn't player (because you're not holding the mouse down) but the sound plays and the server forces you to eat it. This often happens when you release the mouse button after eating with an odd timing and the server didn't notice you released the mouse. ( | ) 23:09, 12 August 2012 (UTC)
- It is also not directly a lag-related issue. In 1.3.2, I ate two grilled porkchops when I clearly did NOT hold down the right-click button, and has also happened at least twice, proving quite annoying when conserving food. I believe I was on LAN, but I don't think that factor matters. There may have been a super-quick lag spike that caused this, but it is too insignificant to be noticed. -- 19:44, 19 August 2012 (UTC)
- I think this is a symptom of an issue not directly related to eating food - I have also seen something similar occur when placing blocks (right click once, two blocks are placed) and when digging with a high-efficiency tool (left click once, two blocks are dug out). In all cases, the effect is intermittent; I haven't found a way to reproduce it reliably. -- 19:28, 21 August 2012 (UTC)
- This always happens when eating apples (I thought it might be the trackpad on my mac). If I am still hungry, I will consume another piece of food until the character is full. 04:12, 22 August 2012 (UTC)
[X] When using an invisibility potion, and using the Empty Map item (not sure about regular maps), I was able to see my arms (without any F5 mode on). Alexkill51 18:41, 23 August 2012 (UTC)alexkill51
[X] When placing a lava or water bucket on a frame, it will insert it, but also create a phantom lava/water block before it. You can scoop it up, but the bucket will not be updated. The lava also doesn't hurt you. Placing a block also removes the phantom liquid. Updating the block will give it is's properties (e.g. flowing, hurting etc.)
[X] When wearing dyed armor, in 3rd person, the item in your hand is dyed a combination of the colors of the armor. 21:25, 23 August 2012 (UTC)
- Here's some screenshots:
- •Confirmed. I found this out myself by accident.
[X] Right-clicking on an item frame with a stack of >1 items consumes the stack. Destroying the frame only returns one. 06:40, 24 August 2012 (AEST)
[X] After leather armor has been cleaned using a cauldron, it no longer dyes properly. Normally, the default color of un-dyed armor is ignored when calculating what color to dye it. However, after being dyed and cleaned, the default color is averaged with the rest of the colors, as though it were dyed. This can be seen by attempting to dye a cleaned item black - it no longer dyes black from one ink sac, but instead dyes to a darker version of itself. -- 02:56, 24 August 2012 (UTC)
[X] When placed an item frame facing the direction North or West and/or contained an item (or block) and quit in single player (MP is not testable since it crashes when placed an item frame) and the again open the map, the frames on the first sight, do not appear but when you face the south/east direction from some seconds, the frames reappear. Try it yourself in a small world : http://d.pr/f/pRxC --
|This page belonging to a user has been blanked.|
This has most likely been done due to the presence of broken links on the page (due to either link rot or outright linking to nonexistent pages), usage of deprecated infobox parameters, and the general inactivity of said user (defined as no edits since January 1, 2020, although exceptions can sometimes be made).
If you are the owner of this page, then you can revert this blanking by going into this page's History tab, and then reverting all edits down to and including the blanking edit. Images formerly on your page may have been deleted, so contact an admin to have them restored.
However, keep in mind that it is your responsibility to make sure links, files and templates you have placed on your userpage continue to point to the pages they are intended to, as well as that your userspace is free of scripting errors and other errors which may cause your userpages to be added to maintenance categories.
09:33, 24 August 2012 (UTC)
[X] Drops sometimes cannot be collected. The item just floats there as if the player has a full inventory. It will interact with the environment as normal (such as when the block below is removed/added) but is impossible to collect. Observed this with apples and saplings. -- 10:48, 24 August 2012 (UTC)
- In most cases, the actual item is sitting near the border of some overhead block - the client thinks that the item has fallen down, but server says no no no! If you walk/jump/pile-jump to the block above and walk over it, you will collect the strange "unpickable" item. Definitely annoying. --jenceslav
[X] When dropped on the ground, dyed leather armour has no colour (i.e. the default brown). 13:42, 24 August 2012 (UTC)
[A] when using a potion of night vision in the end/nether, it affects visibility. In the end, everything around 50-ish blocks away gets a white tint, and in the nether, everything gets a bright red tint. 3:49 PM August 24, 2012 (PST)
[A] The Golden Block Apple is supposed to be like the old Golden Apple, but it does not restore 5 hunger bars and 24 saturation like it used to. It's odd that the Golden Carrot, which uses much less gold, restores more hunger. 06:14, 3 August 2012 (UTC)
[A] you are unable to place melon/pumpkin stems and normal seeds in flower pots for decorational purpose.-- 09:36, 24 August 2012 (UTC)
[A] Carrots restore 2 hunger, have a decent saturation, and when farmed drop up to 3 carrots. This makes an infinite, extremely easily obtainable source of food. I suggest maybe make them only drop 2 carrots, or reduce the hunger restored. I have one small carrot farm and I sprint everywhere, and I am still swimming in carrots.
[X] Just like abandoned mineshafts were before the floors were implemented, strongholds generate weirdly when they cross a ravine. The seed -623160645725253637 is a good example of this with a stronghold in a hole close to spawn which crosses an underground ravine. 22:00, 4 May 2012 (UTC)
- I think this is because strongholds generate before ravines so when the ravine generates it overwrites the stronghold blocks with air.
- I still find this issue annoying, regardless of any intention. ( | ) 22:33, 19 August 2012 (UTC)
[A] The Enchanted Golden Apple doesn't spawn in Dungeon chests, although the normal golden apple still does at the same ridiculous rarity. 15:30, 18 August 2012 (UTC)
[X] Passive mobs enclosed within a pen will often teleport outside the pen upon player login. This has happened so far with chickens and sitting cats only. Cows, pigs and sheep seem to remain within their enclosures. -- 19:05, 24 August 2012 (UTC)
[X] You can still trade with a villager while you are invisible. In addition, if you are invisible, you can still lower your reputation with them. 19:04, 23 August 2012 (UTC)
- You may be slightly transparent but they're not stupid ;D — ( ) 09:40, 24 August 2012 (UTC)
[X] if you use a splash potion of invisibility on a spider or cave spider he will turn invisible except for his eyes.-- 14:36, 24 August 2012 (UTC)
[X] if you use a splash potion of invisibility on an endermen he will turn invisible except for his eyes.-- 14:28, 24 August 2012 (UTC)
[X] If you use a splash potion of invisibility on a sheep, the feet and facial features will turn invisible, and the wool part of the sheep will not. 14:08 24 August 2012 (PST)
[X] if you use a splash potion of invisibility on a snowgollem he will turn invisible except for his head.-- 14:28, 24 August 2012 (UTC)
[X] mobs/animals/npc's still sink through the ground. especially after being transferred through portals-- 11:31, 24 August 2012 (UTC)
[X] villagers spawn WAY to often in the nether. when I travelled to the nether for the first time on my map there were 6 of them. tested on multiple maps-- 10:55, 24 August 2012 (UTC)
[X] Animals will still follow you when you are holding wheat while invisible. 19:04, 23 August 2012 (UTC)
- Maybe because they can see wheat and think. wheat=food=follow? I don't see the problem.-- 09:48, 24 August 2012 (UTC)
- Also, they may still smell the wheat after it's gone.
[X] Villagers will still run away from invisible zombies, and Iron Golems will attack invisible monsters. 19:04, 23 August 2012 (UTC)
- monsters make sound, like footsteps, zombies make their annoying murghh sound. you don't neccesarily need to see a mob to notice it's there.-- 09:45, 24 August 2012 (UTC)
[X] Animals and villagers will still breed while invisible. 19:04, 23 August 2012 (UTC)
[X] Mobs in minecarts will be ejected upon reloading the world. 07:00, 24 August 2012 (AEST)
[X] When the Ender Dragon bumps into Endermen, they will get hurt and be aggro'd at the Dragon, and will futilely chase the Dragon around. 21:54, 23 August 2012 (UTC)
- Hostile mobs target the last mob to damage/hit them. This includes skeletons, tamed wolves defending the player, and, even though it may seem like a bug, the enderdragon. -- 09:56, 24 August 2012 (AEST)
[X] Mobs, including the player outside of Creative Mode, can breathe under lava. 23:22, 21 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] Whenever you've trained a dog and color dye its collar and starts raining, the colour of their collar goes away and turns into light gray dye. Once the rain stops or persists you cannot dye them again and remains light gray. 23:00, 23 August 2012 (CMT)
[X] While trying to obtain carrots and potatoes, I used my Zombie spawner, but I noticed very serious bug, which may be (or not) connected to the origin of zombies (the spawner): experience orbs do not drop from most zombies (only puff of smoke and nothing more), therefore to get from level 27 to 28 I had to kill almost hundred of them. Moreover, many of their other drops seem to disappear in the range of seconds—jenceslav
- Does not happen with Zombie Pigman (naturally spawned in Nether), Spiders from spawner, just Zombies and Skeletons. Small test - circa 184 skeletons killed by splash potion of Healing II, yielding lots of bones, arrows, damaged bows and level-up from level 15 just to !21! (i.e. average 0.78 exp per skeleton). Maybe something connected to armor drops? --jenceslav
[U] The amount of XP dropped by slain Blazes has been nerfed to such an extent that some Blaze kills award no XP at all. 06:30, 24 August 2012 (UTC)
- We have not changed the amount of XP dropped by Blazes. They are exactly the same as they were previously. — ( ) 09:40, 24 August 2012 (UTC)
- I have noticed similar thing with Zombies and Skeletons (bug report above). Could you provide specifics? If some Blazes provide correct ammount of XP and some Blazes don't, then something is very wrong with Blazes, Zombies and Skeletons. --jenceslav
[N] While creepers' AI makes them run away from cats, it does not specifically prevent them from exploding when near a cat. So, sometimes creepers explode near cats, which is very annoying. 13:42, 18 August 2012 (UTC)
- Not a bug. Intended behaviour. — ( ) 09:40, 24 August 2012 (UTC)
[F] Zombies spawning with leather armor always have white armor. I think this come from a conflict with the dyable armor -- 19:33, 23 August 2012 (UTC)
- As I stated above, the leather armor texture was changed to pure white for the new color code. This is prob the same issue with it appearing white in third person mode. 03:29, 24 August 2012 (UTC)
[N] Zombies in armor are immune to sunlight. 02:58, 24 June 2012 (CEST)
- Yes. — ( ) 09:40, 24 August 2012 (UTC)
[A!] [Cr] When using shift-click on the Survival Inventory menu in the Creative inventory, it deletes the item rather than Quick-Moving it through your inventory. There is already a Destroy Item button on that screen so this is not needed. 23:23, 23 August 2012 (UTC)
- I believe this is intended behaviour - as dragging items to the 'destroy item' slot tends to become tedious over time. -- 09:45, 24 August 2012 (AEST)
[A!] when you are writing a book and notice you made an error at the beginning of the page you need to delete everything you typed just to fix that. please add a cursor.-- 09:53, 24 August 2012 (UTC)
[A] [Cr] When holding Shift, the Destroy Item button doesn't tell you that if you click it is will destroy all your items. 23:23, 23 August 2012 (UTC)
[A] Not sure if right category, but when running Minecraft at fullscreen, can't exit the game without turning off fullscreen mode. Alt+F4 didn't work. An exit button at the main menu would suffice here.
- Theres already a "Quit Game" button on the main menu. Been there for a long time now. 03:33, 24 August 2012 (UTC)
[A!] On some computers, the "Fullscreen" button doesn't affect anything. (Tested on 2 HP Pavilion Dv6's and a Macbook Pro (It worked on the Mac but not the HP's))
Reloading a game save causes a java VM crash, not known if effects other windows OS than windows 7, Bow's are glitched timing is off from the client side, not known if effects other windows versions or OS
[X] Inside corner stairs have a minor lighting bug, causing the stair block next to them to become slightly brighter at the edge. 16:20, 23 August 2012 (UTC)
Creating colored leather armor with more than one armor piece in the same 3x3 (2x2) crafting slots creates a colored version of the last piece you put in, therefore destroying the other pieces. -Ryanster53
[X] Animals (and possibly other entities) instantly teleports back from the nether when the player follows them. I.e. the animal stays in the portal and returns instantly without having to leave the portal first. When the player returns to the overworld, the animal stands in the portal, but does not teleport back to the nether before it have left the portal and re-entered.
Held items viewed in the thirdperson while wearing dyed armor will appear to change color respective to the color of the armor, or combination of colors from different pieces of dyed armor. This does not seem to affect held blocks. Examples here
[X] When placing an item, that is in a stack, inside the item frames, it will use up the entire stack. When you break the item frames, you only get 1 of that item back and not the entire stack. -Efranklin42
Item frames placed in item frames sometimes don't become dropped when the item frame is destroyed.
-This is because of the new stackable items feature. Both frames stack, but appear as 1 frame.
[X] The head of the Player is glitch in 3rd person, when you open your inventory (reproducible when the camera is near the head of the player).
--16:53, 23 August 2012 (UTC)
[X] When a leather armor is reset to normal color (with a cauldron) and try to recolorate the armor, the result color when dying is now mix of the normal leather color and the dyes instead of instant change to the dye color (like if is a custom color).
--17:00, 23 August 2012 (UTC)
[X] Upon using the cauldron to remove the dye from the leather armor, and then dying it a different color, the leather armor will still have shades of the previous color. -Efranklin42
[X] When placing a water bucket in an item frame, the bucket goes into the frame fine but leaves a block of still water in the place of the frame. You can break the frame and then just have a block of still water floating. Also, if you bob up and down in these blocks, when you touch the ground you will receive fall damage based on how long you bobbed.
[X] When a mossy cobblestone wall is broken, it drops a regular cobblestone wall. -Josh
[X] Dying dog collars is buggy and sometimes duplicates dyes. Also, sometimes after dying two collars, the dye left in your hotbar cannot be shift-clicked back into the inventory.
[X] For some reason, I can't tame wolves (it just sits down, no smoke particles, no hearts, nothing). When I try to dye their collars (untamed, because I, once again, cannot tame them), they just stand up/sit down again.
- Okay, nevermind, it fixed itself, must've just been lag.
[X] When a stair is placed upside-down it will not auto-locate the edges to form the new corner stair block, and instead act as normal.
[X] Colored armor does not render properly when dropped. (No dye colors)
[X] Zombies door breaking animation is broken (no pun intended :P). Sometimes there's a huge square (the size of a normal, non-transparent block) of the breaking animation left in mid air, sometimes even after the door is broken. I have a screenshot, but I don't feel like making an account on a photo-sharing 'site :P. Do a few tests, build a villager mating room, but fill it with zombies instead.
- Also, on the topic of zombies and door breaking, don't baby zombies seem like they should be too small to do that? Just IMO.
[X] Expanded maps don't center on the previous map. 18:12, 23 August 2012 (UTC)
[X] When slowly rotating your view an itemframe will disappear/reappear before it's fully out of view. 18:14, 23 August 2012 (UTC)
[X] Hostile mobs can still see you when you're invisible.
- Also, whatever you're holding/wearing when you go invisible is still fully visible.
[X] When invisible the item in the player's hand doesn't swing when mining or walking. --☺ 18:41, 23 August 2012 (UTC)
[A!] In hard and hardcore difficulty, as fire spread really fast, small fires generated in forests, pine forests and jungles (because of surface lava lakes of lightning strikes) don't take much time to become gigantic, uncontrollable fires that would cause intense lags and annihilate all flammable blocks in a few minutes. 18:51, 23 August 2012 (UTC)
- Even in easy a jungle fire can keep going for a long time, probably indefinitely.
19:00, 23 August 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, you're right. Fire spread reasonably only on peaceful difficulty. 19:13, 23 August 2012 (UTC)
- This is not a bug. Dinnerbone added it as intended behaviour to make 'hard more hard'. 06:50, 24 August 2012 (AEST)
- It's not a major annoyance if it can be easily adjusted with a button. You'd like the game to be easier? Try Easy or Normal instead. (Also, world type has no effect on fire spread.)
- Well, yes we know why is was added, but it's ridiculous. Wooden planks can barely be used anymore for building due to the fact that a simple thunderstorm can burn down the entire thing. Also, one surface lava pit destroyed about a 8-chunk large jungle biome COMPLETELY.
- Well, OK, even if I don't agree with this, let's say we keep it like it is for hard difficulty. But ... did you know that in fact, fire spread as fast in easy than in hard ? Is it still a minor annoyance for you ? 05:36, 24 August 2012 (UTC)
- Even in easy a jungle fire can keep going for a long time, probably indefinitely.
[X] Somehow, if you're looking just right (still not sure, did it accidentally), you can place stairs in the block you're standing. I was doing it with netherbrick stairs, and they just placed as if i wasn't there (doesn't always happen).
[X] Glitch with two piston heads for no apparent reason. I have a screenshot, but I don't feel like making an account on an uploading 'site. Anyway, what I have set up is a thing to make gravel move, so i have a piston going straight up that's always powered on, then i have three more which keep the gravel in front of them so i can put it back but have it out of the way in the mean time (it's in sort of a spiral pattern). Anyway, I have hit the lever, and the piston facing up has two heads, one out and one still in, and so I have to break the out "block" so that it'll respond.
[X] Using night vision in the Nether turns the fog red, making it look weird.
[X] Lava buckets can't be placed in frames, at least, not in the Nether.
- Okay, just tried with all four types of buckets in Creative. Regular and milk work just fine, but lava and water also give off the liquid (not sure of lava even goes in, but I know water does).
[X] Nether portals try to send you back through as soon as you're on the other side. This is EXTREMELY annoying, because I have my Nether portal blocked off, so that no mobs go through, but it also blocked me in. I barely had time to break the blocks and get out before it sent me through.
[X] Spawn Eggs show the default texture when dropped
[A!] Falling damage can sometimes be big on small distances, for instance, I fell for 1 block and got 1 heart damage, 5 blocks nearly killed me, this can be really annoying if you have a lot of expensive stuff and are far from base.
[X] sheep doesn't get invisible only lose theire head. all colors. sheard sheeps are completely vissible