Minecraft Wiki:Issues/Weekly 12w30e
Mojang has an official bug tracker and does not track bugs for any editions of Minecraft on this wiki. Please use the appropriate bug tracker to report and view current bug reports.
Legacy Console: bugs.mojang.com/browse/MCCE.
For further info, see the issues notice page.
Do not delete this page, any issues currently being recorded are purely for archiving purposes.
- 1 Crashing/System
- 2 Gameplay
- 3 Blocks
- 4 Items
- 5 World Generator
- 6 Mobs/NPCs/Animals
- 7 Graphical/Lighting
- 8 Sounds
- 9 Menus
- 10 In-Game Interfaces/HUD
- 11 Chat/Commands
- 12 Language/Text Files
- 13 References
[!!] After closing and re-opening a world, Minecraft went to the dirt background and subsequently crashed. I've tried to reproduce but it doesn't seem to occur again
Minecraft has crashed! ---------------------- Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem; Unexpected error --- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 8aa09c6 -------- Generated 25/07/12 12:35 - Minecraft Version: 12w30e - Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1 - Java Version: 1.7.0_04, Oracle Corporation - Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation - Memory: 532828328 bytes (508 MB) / 648740864 bytes (618 MB) up to 954466304 bytes (910 MB) - LWJGL: 2.4.2 - OpenGL: GeForce GTX 550 Ti/PCI/SSE2 GL version 4.1.0, NVIDIA Corporation - Is Modded: Probably not - Type: Client - Profiler Position: N/A (disabled) - World MpServer Entities: 1 total; [anx['Blockbuilder567'/1135, l='MpServer', x=8.50, y=66.62, z=8.50
- World MpServer Players: 1 total; [anx['Blockbuilder567'/1135, l='MpServer', x=8.50, y=66.62, z=8.50}} - World MpServer Chunk Stats: MultiplayerChunkCache: 0 - Forced Entities: 1 total; [anx['Blockbuilder567'/1135, l='MpServer', x=8.50, y=66.62, z=8.50}} - Retry Entities: 0 total; 
java.lang.NullPointerException at acw.a(SourceFile:29) at aca.a(SourceFile:17) at acw.a(SourceFile:15) at aca.a(SourceFile:17) at acb.a(SourceFile:17) at acd.a(SourceFile:24) at acw.a(SourceFile:15) at acw.a(SourceFile:15) at acl.a(SourceFile:13) at acw.a(SourceFile:15) at aca.a(SourceFile:17) at acw.a(SourceFile:15) at acp.a(SourceFile:13) at acs.a(SourceFile:13) at acw.a(SourceFile:15) at acw.a(SourceFile:15) at acq.a(SourceFile:15) at aco.a(SourceFile:24) at acv.a(SourceFile:19) at ux.a(SourceFile:73) at uv.<init>(SourceFile:28) at uu.a(SourceFile:58) at uu.b(SourceFile:67) at ux.a(SourceFile:55) at vt.a(SourceFile:834) at tx.a(SourceFile:83) at tx.a(SourceFile:911) at apn.g(SourceFile:1131) at apn.a(SourceFile:746) at apn.b(SourceFile:683) at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.I(SourceFile:606) at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:535) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) --- END ERROR REPORT 705b6d2d ----------}}
- I had a similar issue in w30c with creating a new world, however I can't repro it now:
---- Minecraft Crash Report ---- // Quite honestly, I wouldn't worry myself about that. Time: 7/24/12 11:45 AM Description: Exception in server tick loop java.lang.IllegalStateException: Entity is already tracked! at fu.a(SourceFile:62) at fu.a(SourceFile:50) at fv.a(SourceFile:24) at tx.a(SourceFile:757) at fz.a(SourceFile:522) at tx.d(SourceFile:749) at agy.l(SourceFile:50) at agy.b(SourceFile:31) at fz.a(SourceFile:346) at fz.b(SourceFile:124) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(SourceFile:428) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.p(SourceFile:376) at asj.p(SourceFile:111) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:316) at net.minecraft.server.i.run(SourceFile:532) Relevant Details: - Minecraft Version: 12w30c - Operating System: Windows XP (x86) version 5.1 - Java Version: 1.7.0_05, Oracle Corporation - Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation - Memory: 273876912 bytes (261 MB) / 519110656 bytes (495 MB) up to 1037959168 bytes (989 MB) - Type: Integrated Server - Is Modded: Unknown (can't tell) - Profiler Position: N/A (disabled) - Player Count: 1 / 8; [gc['Nathan2055'/237, l='Minecraft 1.3', x=-58.50, y=65.00, z=234.50
- World Minecraft 1.3 Entities: 0 total;  - World Minecraft 1.3 Players: 0 total;  - World Minecraft 1.3 Chunk Stats: ServerChunkCache: 0 Drop: 0}} --19:20, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
[X] I was doing a stress-test with 3000 XP orb entities (1 frame/5 seconds), and after they got insta-del by a cactus the framerate instantly topped back to 40 (the limit) but the game took 5 seconds to speed back up from a slow-motion sort of speed. During this time (at smooth framerate) the player moved very slowly, with low gravity, and the rest of the game world seemed to fast-forward (mobs, item decay, time of day).
- How to reproduce: Build a glass cabin. Get Instant Health II splash potions, Zombie egg and Cactus. Remember to build it on sand. Next, get a macro-clicker because you'll need about 400 zombies, don't go any further risking a crash. Then, close the cabin up and kill them with the potion: this will prevent the orbs from coming to you as they spawn. Quickly collect the drops from inside the box, leaving the xp confined. Next, spawn a zombie beside you on the outside. Notice that the lag from the thousands of orbs is extreme with FPS nearing zero. Watch this zombie for two or three minutes, then break the glass and replace it with cactus. The XP orbs will be deleted by the cactus, then the zombie you just placed will speed up crazily and you will have moon jump for ~5 seconds.
- Reproduced in 30e. -- 14:41, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- I don't believe this is classifiable as a bug, as it is a scenario that can't be experienced in normal gameplay. Any game could crash under such a scenario. -- 19:11, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- This is a major bug, since the speed goes so out of whack. While it cant be experienced in normal gameplay, anyone with a big enough mob farm meeting the circumstances could experience this ~
- exp farm connected to two mob spawners and afking for a while can experience that scenario.
- Probably, any sudden speed-up will cause this in lesser amounts. Besides, it did not happen on 1.2.5. -- 02:18, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
[X] [?] Minecraft will not save world progress when reloading a world in some computers (such system include: 1.75 GB of RAM, 32-bit, 2.71 GHz, Windows XP SP3, Java 1.6). Example on a newly generated world: http://imgur.com/a/IodIc#0 -- 14:52, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- Same bug filed on Tuesday, which was closed as unable to repro. -- 19:11, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- That's where the "in some computers" comes in. -- 15:28, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, well you're welcome to re-add the bug if you still have the problem yourself. But it is just destined to be flagged as unreproducible by the community and eventually unreproduciple by mojang unless someone can find out exactly what setup causes this. -- 15:49, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
[X] Game crashes to desktop with no stack trace printed 100% of all single player games. World is unsaved when returning. Affected versions are all week 13 snapshots since b (I didn't try a or the other weekly ones, 1.2.5 is ok). Eliminated dropbox stored saves, UAC, and Java environment as the cause. Any idea how I can force MC to generate a crash report? 20:42, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
# # A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment: # # EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x549f2890, pid=1996, tid=4080 # # JRE version: 7.0_05-b06 # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (23.1-b03 mixed mode windows-x86 ) # Problematic frame: # C [atioglxx.dll+0xe92890] atiPPHSN+0xc1960 # # Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client vers ions of Windows # # An error report file with more information is saved as: # C:\Users\user\Downloads\hs_err_pid1996.log # # If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit: # URL GOES HERE BUT I CAN'T PASS THE CAT FILTER # The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code. # See problematic frame for where to report the bug. #
[X] After several hours of uptime, random crash... --
uniblab:crash-reports steve$ cat crash-2012-07-25_16.01.08-server.txt ---- Minecraft Crash Report ---- // Why did you do that? Time: 7/25/12 4:01 PM Description: Exception in server tick loop java.lang.ClassCastException: aja cannot be cast to jl at jk.i(SourceFile:99) at jk.b(SourceFile:110) at iv.a(SourceFile:1228) at iv.z(SourceFile:333) at ajc.a(SourceFile:23) at nq.h_(SourceFile:197) at tx.a(SourceFile:1186) at fz.a(SourceFile:393) at tx.g(SourceFile:1165) at tx.s(SourceFile:1090) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(SourceFile:433) at fb.q(SourceFile:222) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.p(SourceFile:376) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:316) at net.minecraft.server.i.run(SourceFile:532) Relevant Details: - Minecraft Version: 12w30e - Operating System: Mac OS X (x86_64) version 10.7.3 - Java Version: 1.6.0_33, Apple Inc. - Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Apple Inc. - Memory: 3533723704 bytes (3370 MB) / 3722182656 bytes (3549 MB) up to 3722182656 bytes (3549 MB) - Type: Dedicated Server - Is Modded: Unknown (can't tell) - Profiler Position: N/A (disabled) - Player Count: 1 / 20; [gc['EddieLombard'/45041, l='swim2', x=-407.16, y=63.00, z=693.94
- World swim2 Entities: 0 total;  - World swim2 Players: 0 total;  - World swim2 Chunk Stats: ServerChunkCache: 0 Drop: 0
uniblab:crash-reports steve$ }}
[A!] When using a LAN world, I am not able to use the TAB function to see other players on my LAN world.-- 23:23, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
[A!] When moving things around in the inventory, the fps temporarily drops to about 2, and then when not moving things, it jumps back to 35. May or may not be caused by texture pack. -- 22:46, 25 July 2012 (EST)
[A!] Every now and again, the buttons will stick, causing Minecraft to think you are pressing a key even when you are not (eg. Player keeps moving forward after releasing the 'W' key). -- 19:12, 26 July 2012 (AWST)
- I have this glitch alot when mining, especialy on creative mode. it causes everything in range that I look at to break, and often my arm never moves. -- 13:06, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
[F] I had a similar crash(during entering a server)--Fritzn
---- Minecraft Crash Report ---- // I'm sorry, Dave. Time: 25.07.12 19:50 Description: Unexpected error java.lang.NullPointerException at anr.a(SourceFile:58) at apn.b(SourceFile:706) at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.I(SourceFile:606) at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:535) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) Relevant Details: - Minecraft Version: 12w30e - Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1 - Java Version: 1.7.0_05, Oracle Corporation - Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation - Memory: 474821616 bytes (452 MB) / 514523136 bytes (490 MB) up to 954466304 bytes (910 MB) - LWJGL: 2.4.2 - OpenGL: GeForce GT 640M/PCIe/SSE2 GL version 4.2.0, NVIDIA Corporation - Is Modded: Probably not - Type: Client - Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
- Different crash entirely. Separated from the previous bug report and fixed. — ( ) 09:22, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
-Gameasertm- If you get on a minecart track you repeatedly take damage If you are in water and the water pushes you into a wall you take damage and suffocate
[!] Traveling to the Nether still frequently drops the player out of the world, resulting in death and loss of items/xp. A first trip to the Nether usually functions normally, but repeat trips often result in said bug. 09:51, 25 July 2012 (UTC) [sorry, forgot to sign]
- I have two portal in overworld that go to same portal in the nether. When I enter the nether through second portal and return, I fall out of the world. Maybe the chunk with primary portal is not loaded properly. If I save the game in nether, it works ok. 14:51, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- When this happens, you can quickly save&exit and reload. This often saves you from dying.
- I tested in a superflat world. I created a portal, went through, built another portal next to it, and went through. No issues. -- 19:28, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- It doesnt happen every time, but it happens enough to cause issues. I've seen it happen my fair share of times. 23:25, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- I think this is lag related issue. It doesn't happen to me. -- 10:03, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
- This is a multiplayer server issue only, and yes it happens quite frequently. I've been working and testing it all morning and repeated the error over and over again now. My players have started putting everything they have in their ender chest before entering the nether for fear of it bugging out and killing them.
[!] The builtin "speedhack" detection breaks elevators and other legitimate piston contraptions that transport a player "too fast". It manifests itself as getting stuck in the device due to the movement, caused by the piston pushing the player, being denied by the server. This used to be an issue on MP only, but now that the client is effectively a server as well, it affects SP too. -- 13:13, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- (Merged duplicate) pistons are allmost fixed but these piston elevator's still don't work properly. they push you up 5 block before you get stuck inside an extended piston arm.--
- Merged duplicates -- ( | ) 13:17, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- Upgrading to major per . -- 19:28, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- (Merged duplicate) - pistons are allmost fixed but these piston elevator's still don't work properly. they push you up 5 block before you get stuck inside an extended piston arm.-- 18:52, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
[!] After his death his spawn point changes, precluding the gameplay of some custom maps, and compass does not point to their spawn point. NOTE: also the definition Without the bed, the bed works, the problem is with the natural spawning
- I believe you mean that the spawn is changed slightly sometimes upon death? I've noticed this, and I believe the cause involves water in the spawn area. -- 19:31, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- I had several problems with compasses not pointing in the right diriction. Every time I log on my compass points in a different direction. One of the times I logged on it accted like I was in the Nether. Also the maps will occasionaly disapear from your invintory upon log off. Quite annoying. --Osiris08 of mcworldmap.com
[X] Sometimes, eating food once will result in it being eaten again, consuming another item, restoring health but showing no animations or particles. ( ) (forum) 10:01, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- I encountered this bug in w30c. It seems to occur when you open a chest quickly after eating, with food still in your hand. Upgraded to bug. -- 19:31, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
[X] [MP] Fishing rods can not hit or pull other players. Pvp was set to true in server.properties. Also, tried in 1.2.5 and you were able to hit the player, but not pull them 19:10, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- Upgraded to bug. -- 20:15, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
[X] Sometimes leaving or entering the end will show that you have no xp however once 1 xp is gained the xp will be back. -- 10:18, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- This is a bug. Upgrading. -- 00:51, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
[X] [Cr] In survival inventory, when we click+shift on a piece of armor it is deleted -- 09:34, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
[A!] Leaving the end with any potion effect removes the effect after spawning in the normal world. -- 10:18, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
[A!] Mobs spawn on non-natural occurring blocks 12:47, 23 July 2012 (UTC)
- See discussion -- 12:52, 23 July 2012 (UTC)
[A] [Cr] When flying at high altitude, or with a large drop below you, the double tap sometimes no longer lets the player fall, forcing you to either switch to survival mode to get to ground level or very slowly descend with shift. I know this is due to lag but is there some way to get around it? -- 15:15, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- Testing this now. -- 19:28, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- I've found its possible to avoid this by not looking down at the ground as you double tap. It starts for me at around y: 145, although I expect its related to lag so would be different for different specs. -- 19:50, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- Unable to repro at y=127, will reattempt at y=145. -- 20:15, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- Not being able to start/stop flying due to lag is one of the most annoying aspects of creative mode. I'd suggest replacing the double-tap behavior to a configurable key, like F. -- 00:51, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
- Mapping running too would be good. -- 10:08, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
[A] [MP] We started a server and decided we didn't want any user to be OP'd because we want pure survival, but because of spawn protection no one can edit the spawn area. I'd just like if you could add a toggle to turn off spawn protection in server.properties. -- 17:14, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
[A] [MP] When teleporting to the nether the server lags. A noticeable spike on the server client appears also. Screenshot: --
- This is not a bug, downgrading to annoyance (there obviously will be lag, it's generating a new map). -- 19:32, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
[A] After exiting boats, they tend to disappear and move the player over 3 to 5 blocks. Also if you are still in a boat when you save and exit, when you return you will be ejected from the boat and end up several blocks below water level.--Osiris08
- Annoyances belong in the annoyances section. Neither of these problems seem like a major problem, so downgrading. -- 06:15, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
[A!] [MP] Now when the chunk don't load we take damage and can fall out the world -- 09:22, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
[A] [Ad] We can't place ender eyes in slots, in my adventure map I use ender eyes as key, screenshots :
[F] You don´t take any damage from exploding TNT.
- Not in peaceful, no. Intended behaviour. — ( ) 09:25, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
[X] Redstone circuits still freeze after returning to the scene after wandering away. The circuit needs a kick to start again, like you do with a BUD Video -- 11:50, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
[X] [?] Horizontal log has some transparent lines between the blocks. Screenshot. Vertical ones work properly. -- de.MCWiki-Admin 13:01, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- Testing now. -- 20:28, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- Can't reproduce. Texture pack maybe? -- 03:55, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
[X] You can fall off upsidedown stairs when sneaking. This occurs in a similar way to how you used to be able to fall off glass blocks. To reproduce, make a line of stairs over a drop using shift to place them safely. Move onto the lower step of the stair blocks as you do so. You can confirm when this happens because the viewpoint shifts downwards by half a block. Edge out over the empty space for the next stair, continuing to hold shift as you do so. Now place an upsidedown stair by clicking in the upper half of a block. Had that been a normal stair as intended, you'd be fine. But because it's upside down there's nothing to support you at the level you're standing, so you will fall through. -- 02:08, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
- Seems like it can't hold you in the edge while you're descending from the top level to the middle level, since technically you're not on ground. -- 03:57, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
[X] [?] Redstone torches have a weird timing. See http://youtube.com/watch?v=1MFAt0yET8w -- 18:29, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- Please define weird. Everything looks fine to me. -- 20:28, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- They both have a similar setup, one have 2 torches, the other have a 2 tic delay on a repeater, the timing are exactly the same. Yet the one with torches doesn't even get past pushing the first block. If you watch carefully you can actually see the second piston start to extend just when the other piston is almost retracted, yet when they hit it's not fully retracted and it fails not pulling it along the track. If all delays between the two are identical, shouldn't they both finish at the same time? It seems like it retracts sligthly slower than when extending when using redstone torches in that manner, so I made the conclusion it was due to the redstone torches. The same behavior can be seen north, west, east and south. -- 23:45, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- I realized now that the one with torches take 1 tick longer than the one without, but that still doesn't explain the messed up timings. -- 23:55, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
[X] [?] When breaking the new rotated wood they are placed in your inventory rotated and always saying Oak Wood, though they have the correct texture. This appears to be purely aesthetics. see screenshot -- 11:05, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- I could only reproduce this rotation in the inventory using silk touch enchant. Punching the block or using a normal tool, they stack on the appropriate texture stack. http://i.imgur.com/gABlD.png
- Downgrading per previous comment. -- 20:28, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- Forgot to put that it was with silk touch. Didn't realize I didn't put that till just now -- 22:10, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- I can confirm this. This seems to be an issue with silk touch, because using silk touch on redstone lamps will also drop them as they appear. Screenshot. 01:52, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
[X] [?] Pistons (sticky and normal) placed below a redstone torch (on or off) will always be extended and stay that way until the torch is removed.
- Testing now. -- 20:28, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- Couldn't reproduce -- 21:21, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- Might be a new BUD design (aka intended behavior). -- 01:02, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
- Here's a Screenshot.-- 06:17, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
- doesn't work: piston is always powered by redstone torch or wire. But if you place piston 1 block lower it works normally (powered extends, unpowered turn back) --ostrowm
[X] Standing middle of block that piston pushes sideways, makes you fall through pushed block. -- 09:17, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
[A] Tripwire hooks makes randomly block updates. It can be seen when tripwire hooks are connected to blocks that BUD or TBUD check. I connected about nine tripwire hooks to TBUD and it triggered quite often. Screenshots of that "one bit random generator":
Screenshot 1 Screenshot 2 Screenshot 3
Tripwire hooks are not connected to anything and there is no other tripwire hooks. --ostrowm
- Could you explain what the problem is in more detail? Downgraded until then. -- 20:28, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- TBUD should change its state in a case, for example when you add tripwire to that hook or when you add another hook in front of them. Not without any reason. BUD and TBUD see updates without any updates only cause tripwire hook is connected to it. Example: when you have a mashine that is controlled by tripwire and block updates it toggle or work without a reason (without block update nor stepping on tripwire). (sorry for my english) --ostrowm
- Lone tripwire hooks cause block updates on a regular basis. People have used this behavior to create randomizers, i have built one myself and it happens pretty fast. -- 00:59, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
- So maybe intended behavior? Downgraded to annoyance cause ppl use that behavior --ostrowm
- Maps with a high amount of tripwire hooks can potentially have too many purposeless block update events. It can cause lag. -- 12:33, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
[A] When Mob Spawners spawn FallingSand entities, they will often fail to place and instead drop as items. It might be beneficial to have an additional parameter dictating if a FallingSand entity should drop an item if it fails to place. -- 11:48, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
[A] Mob Spawners show rotating pigs after quitting and restarting world. 19:55, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
[A] String can be placed on top of strings, resulting in a string in mid air.
[A] When breaking doors in Creative Mode a door is dropped, assumming this is a mistake since in Creative most things just go away.
- Technically, breaking the top door block causes the bottom block to drop a door. -- 00:59, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
- Drops occur in creative when they arent hit directly but the new conditions force them to drop. Eg. breaking a block with redstone or a torch on top of it. -- 13:13, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
[A] Mushroom blocks can't be harvested or placed properly, reverting to damage/data value 0, a block which appears to use the mushroom pore texture on all six sides. This makes it impossible to use the red, brown, and white mushroom block textures in creations without using pistons to push blocks around. It is also inconsistent with the expected behavior of silk touch: if silk touch is capable of harvesting a block, it should not transform it upon harvesting. Transforming a block upon its placement (which happens when placing mushroom blocks of any damage value, obtained through cheats available in vanilla) is also completely illogical and a roadblock to making things from the mushroom blocks. Perhaps mushroom blocks could be made properly harvestable as "Red/Brown Mushroom Top", "Red/Brown Mushroom Edge", "Red/Brown Mushroom Corner", and "Red/Brown Mushroom Stem", where the edge and corner blocks would be placed in a directional manner similar to pumpkins (upside-down mushroom blocks would not be available, as this would require splitting the current two mushroom block data values into multiple). -- 13:44, 12 July 2012 (UTC)
- I like fix you suggested. Totally support. 13:38, 18 July 2012 (UTC)
[A] [Cr] There isn't a way to change the mob in the spawner via Minecraft. Idea: Right clicking to spawner with spawn egg can change the mob in the spawner. -- 07:56, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
- Excellent solution idea. -- 12:33, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
[U] [SP] Logging off causes signs to go blank. Also happens when updating a world from an older version to a snapshot version. --Osiris08 of mcworldmap.com
- Can't reproduce. Are you sure you're on 12w30e as this was a known issue of a previous snapshot? — ( ) 09:27, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
[F] Can't place halfslabs between small gaps (12w30e)
- Recreated in 12w30e. The empty spaces here show where half-slabs cannot be placed: http://i.imgur.com/Gkgt7.png -Debugman18
- Testing now. (Also downgraded to minor bug.) -- 20:28, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
[!] [Cr] Creative mode, inventory, survival mode section: When shift-clicking on something in the hot bar: Expected result: put it into the storage section. Actual result: Poof/gone. -- 18:46, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- Reproduced. Upgraded to major. -- 20:34, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- The key to delete items should be different as Shift already has a function we're used to. -- 01:37, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
[X] [Su] When the player right-clicks a stack of buckets to fill them, the number of buckets in the stack will not decrease until only one empty bucket is left. The buckets do not duplicate, it's just a graphical glitch. 19:56, 25 July 2012 (UTC+1)
- Testing now. -- 20:34, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
[A] When writing in the Book and Quill, it is impossible to leave a line blank by pressing the return/enter key. However the "character" is still there and can be removed with backspace. -- 10:23, 26 July 2012 (AEST+10)
[X] The world generator seems to generate "world cuts" more frequently than in previous snapshots. I created ca. 10 worlds and two of them contained abrupt transitions between biomes. (sorry for my English) -- 15:14, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- Proof: Seed: 4670874119845276347; Large Biomes; x: -365, z: -119 -- 15:20, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- I've noticed that as well, however I'm not sure if it occurs more often than in other patches. -- 20:33, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
[X] Old bug still applies. Chunk generation error, chunk seems flipped. Seed "bug" (without ") location 41x,-381z. Settings default (normal biomes, generate structures). I did further ivestigation and theres cave in 51.5,-369.5. This cave doesn't seem flipped. If you go corner of this error 72.5,-368.5, that is exactly at chunk change if my calculations are correct. PICTURE -- 09:22, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
[A] Sometimes there are cave entrances that are created in the the desert wich are made out of sand which is floating in the air... -- 13:35, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- That's been around for a while. It occurs occasionally with gravel too. Force a chunk update (place a torch) and it will fix. -- 20:33, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- This is actually more awesome than annoying. Like digging up and ending in a lake covered with sand. If this is removed, the Nether and deserts will be less interesting. -- 03:31, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
[X] [MP] In peaceful mode, mobs repeatedly spawn and get deleted after one tick. This is visible for the player. --Floens
[X] Slimes are taking over again in Flat worlds. The previous improvement to reduce their number in Flat worlds since 12w25a seems to have disappeared (at 12w30a or earlier).-- 10:52, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
[X] mobs still fall trough the ground a lot. mostly npc's who sink halfway through the ground.-- 09:56, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
[X] mobs like cat's and wolf's get stuck inside blocks. my cat walked straight into a glass block.-- 09:56, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
[X] zombies are much less persistent. one was following me. I ran into my house and closed the door. he started to destroy it. when it was allmost destroyed he just stopped and walked off. I was playing in survival mode on hard mode-- 11:39, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- Have a similar problem with creppers. If I was 5 blocks away they forgot about me in 5-10 seconds.(in creative mode)--Fritzn
[X] squid movement is very lagy. the way they randomly change directions and the way their legs flickre between open and closed position.-- 09:41, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
[X] There are different hights in the water. Only saving and reloading the world fixes that. Note that I have world from version 1.2.5! Maybe that's the reason.
[X] Not sure about this one, but chickens spawned with eggs or spawn eggs underwater don't float to the surface. This might be intentional but I thought chickens were supposed to float? -- 17:53, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
[X] Very hard to color sheep in a pen. Repeat by:
- Make a 4x4 pen; 4 grass blocks in the middle, 12 fences and fence gates around them.
- Place 10 sheep in the pen (use spawn eggs).
- Get 10 dye.
- Attempt to color the sheep.
- Expected result: They color.
- Actual result: Usually 8 or 9 will color easily; the 10th is a pain.
--18:36, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- Not a bug just bad luck. -- 03:32, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
[X] Sheep leak out of the pen. Visual only so far. Not as bad as 125, but still definitely non-zero. -- 18:36, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- Update: It is NOT visual only. Server running all day, with a couple of restarts, has several sheep running out of their pens.
- Remember: Leak rate was zero in 125 single player no matter how much I stuffed into a pen.
- (Merged report) Mobs/Animals can push each other through wall, then they seemingly appear where they actually aren't. You can boost this effect, by making small quarters, on animals wielding wheat, and on mobs aggravating them. Maybe it's caused by pushing speed value added after animals/mobs speed value has been clamped by walls, when pushing speed value should've been added before clamping. -- 09:25, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
[N] Endermen when hit at night start vibrating weirdly, and their head pops up which shows a strange glitchy neck... it was hard to get a good screenshot but this was the best I got: Screenshot -- 15:38, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- Not a bug, intentional. That's what an angry Enderman is supposed to look like, shaking with rage and all. -- 16:14, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- I guess I can understand the shaking, but the see-through glitchy neck looks really weird. Check the screenshot I linked or try it in game, its hard to describe. -- 17:04, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, I've seen it in-game lots of times. I agree it's weird, but it really is intentional. Scout's honour! -- 17:20, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- No bug here. Endermen have always been like this. 17:27, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- Huh, well fair enough then. Sorry about that, never noticed it before. -- 19:53, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- This is intentional. It was a bug that this only appeared in singleplayer before, but now it shows in multiplayer too. — ( ) 08:07, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
- Ohh that would be why I didn't notice it before, I usually only play multiplayer. -- 13:20, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
[X] Lighting bug occurs on some blocks if Smooth Lighting is disabled. Screenshot of the issue: i imgur com/6MP5P.png - Intel HD Graphics 3000, Windows 8 RC 64-bit. (note: link intentionally broken because the wiki fails to detect when I submitted the captcha properly.) -- 14:04, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- This is not restricted to normal lighting. -- 14:45, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
[X] the warmer red torch-light and fire-light which was added in 1.8 doesn't work anymore on most laptop's . on my friend's computer it still works. But on my laptop the light aminating from my torch is just the normal sun-like light.-- 09:48, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- Alot of advanced graphical features are disabled on laptops and computers without good video cards. I have 2 laptops, a new one with a good graphics card, and an older one with integrated graphics. I can max out all settings on my good one, but the old one nearly crashes with smooth lighting, and all light is the same color regardless of setting. I don't think this is a bug. -- 13:26, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
[X] fast spinning spawners are still broken-- 10:02, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
when you shoot an arrow at a mob or another player it doesn't stay stucked in the player.-- 09:51, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- This was removed a long time ago. -- 11:07, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- it's a shame but you're right, I hope they will re-add it one day.-- 12:29, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- It just so happens Dinnerbone tweeted about that the other day. Hopefully they will figure out a solution sometime beyond 1.3: -- 13:35, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
[X] arrows wich have been set on fire by shooting them trough lava don't set the mob they hit on fire anymore.-- 12:29, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
[X] Stair block does not block light correctly. Tested smooth on/off. I know picture is from pre5. Replicate instructions:
- Go dark place, preferably underground.
- Dig two deep, two high hole on wall.
- Place torch ground back of the hole.
- Place stairs front of torch and above torch.
- Done. --> screenshot
- -- 09:26, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
[X] Other player's fishing line is still bit off. (It looks fine in players own f5 view.) -- 09:34, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
[A!] XP Orbs will crowd around the camera while they are being collected. This is extremely annoying, especially with ghost orbs. -- 14:43, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
[A] Items are invisible from behind. This means they can't be seen behind you when looking up or down. -- 01:34, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
[A] Screen will go black for a few milliseconds when travelling across a corner track in a minecart.
[A] Mob character models occasionally don't disappear after the entity they represent has been killed.
[S] Inverted slabs with blocks above them STILL have incorrect lightning... (Screenshot) -- 14:30, 24 July 2012 (UTC)
[S] Large areas of black shadow under overhangs, particularly in Extreme Hills biome. It goes away after a few seconds if you go near it. Screenshot 1 Screenshot 2 Screenshot 3 -- 14:23, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- This is not just limited to OSx, I get the same glitches on my windows laptop all the time. once they are gone, they do not seem to come back, so i make a point of getting rid of them when i make a new world.
[X] there is still one nether portal sound missing. it's the sound you hear while transfering to another demension. this is what I mean. you hear the sound when it sais : entering the nether in the video.-- 09:53, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- Reproduced. It's an issue with the multiplayer merge. -- 01:19, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
[A!] [MP] Footstep sounds and possibly some other sounds like splashing into water - eating are delayed depending on the player's ping(server-sided) which is really annoying(This was in the older snapshots too) -- 21:23, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
[!] [Cr] in the potions part of the creative inventory, the healing and instant damage potions are missing. there are only their splash potions variants (this bug exists since the new creative inventory) -- 14:57, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- Reproduced, upgraded to major. -- 01:20, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
[X] The thread "LanServerDetector" still does not stop when the Multiplayer menu is left. It sits there until it finds a LAN server because there isn't a timeout on the scan and when the scan is running the thread cannot be interrupted. Screenshot -- 21:47, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
[X] Pause does not work, it was fixed in 12w22a but has since come back
- Tested in SSP, worked fine. Unless someone could explain this, I vote for removal. -- 06:28, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
[A!] [SP] When loading or creating a new world, the loading screen with the dirt background says Loading chunks, adds Building terrain, then the main menu then flashes up, then goes back to the dirt background which briefly says Downloading terrain, then flashes the main menu up again, before showing the world. -- 14:43, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
[X] In creative mode in the survival inventory, the chest armor slot is moved and you can't put anything in it. 11:19, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- In creativemode i can't interact with the chest armor slot.
- Merged duplicates. It 's because there is a "ghost slot" over the chest armor slot. it only cover up to the 4/5 of the chest armor slot, so if you put your armor on the top of the slot, it works. -- 14:54, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- [X] On this note, you also cannot shift-click armour into the slots in the creative inventory. ( ) (forum) 19:59, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
[X] A fuel-charged furnace with no fuel in its fuel slot will have the fire icon reset to 100% at chunk reload.The fuel indicator will be stuck at 100% until the last heat unit from the spent fuel piece, at which it will descend to zero percent. An invalid item in the fuel slot, like an empty bucket or other junk, will not make it display properly either. How to reproduce: Place a single piece of fuel & some input in furnace, log out or move away until chunk unloads,return and open up furnace interface. 17:41, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
[X] This is old, and may be a limitation of java: If I click on a button in the menu, the mouse-down is recorded at the last place the mouse-move was seen. If I am alt-tabbing between apps, this is not where the mouse currently is.
- Verified on Macs (both); not tested on wintel. -- 18:33, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
[X] You can't enchant anything between 21-29 levels with 15 bookcases. - Screenshot – at 13:23, 23 July 2012 (UTC)
[A!] When you are writing a book and you notice you made an error a few sentences back, you have to delete all the sentences to fix your error. Books should have a cursor which you can control with the arrows. -- 09:34, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- Edited for clarity and upgraded. I believe signs are the same way. It'd be nice if it had the same properties as that chat does now. -- 06:33, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
/tp [player] [player] allows cross dimensional teleporting, but does not switch teleporting players dimension. -- 09:49, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
- I believe this is intended? Can someone confirm? --Scott (IP 184.108.40.206), 11:05, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
[X] /say does not get logged when used by the console, does not show up in colour, and shows the user who used the command, not console, if it was not the console. --Scott (IP 220.127.116.11), 11:05, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
[X] /tell does not exist/has been removed. --Scott (IP 18.104.22.168), 11:05, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
/tp [player] [x] [y] [z] with negative values are unintuitive for some players. They look F3 menu, see -33.4, they write -33. Don't dare fixing this by subtracting 1 if number is negative, then there will be non-teleportable locations. Just add the decimals, will you, please. (Someone mentioned they were added. Tell how to use, if true.) -- 09:55, 26 July 2012 (UTC)