Minecraft Wiki:Admin noticeboard/Archive 16
- 1 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs • logs • block log)
- 2 BoxFigs vs 007a83 on Version history/Development versions
- 3 Horse
- 4 Can't add link for a mod
- 5 Cannot post my Vietnamese Edit of "Crafting"?
- 6 Manthedog (talk • contribs • logs • block log)
- 7 Archive 15
- 8 Page already existing
- 9 Can't Add Link for Minecon Page
- 10 Editcount
- 11 Odd Behavior by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs • logs • block log)
- 12 Move video
- 13 New user here trying to edit the Hardened Clay page
- 14 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs • logs • block log)
- 15 Tutorials-PvP
- 16 Texture packs
- 17 New link
18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs • logs • block log)
BoxFigs vs 007a83 on Version history/Development versions
- This is no longer a problem. The bug he was talking about was said to be fixed in 1.6 but was not in the office changelog, even so, he was posting in the the dev version area and not the official release--007a83 (Talk|Contribs) 06:15, 30 July 2013 (UTC)
I have a mod I'd like to be listed on the Mods page under Server Mods, but I can't add links to it (since I'm new). VoidX 19:36, 26 July 2013 (UTC)
- What was the link, add for which mod? (add it here without the "http" bit.) — t numbermaniac c 00:17, 27 July 2013 (UTC)
Server mods / Voidity: voidx.uw.hu/index.php?l=en&t=103
Cannot post my Vietnamese Edit of "Crafting"?
Like the title said, I cannot Save my edit, if I do so then this message will be shown: "An automated filter has detected an unwanted word in your edit. As a new user, your action has been disallowed." Please tell me what did I do wrong. Thank you! - LeonTheIcyWave
- One of your words may have been considered by the automatic filter to be a swear word. I should think that restriction goes away after being registered for 4 days. — t numbermaniac c 08:40, 28 July 2013 (UTC)
Well, that's funny because I wrote it all in Vietnamese... but thanks for your help! –Preceding unsigned comment was added by LeonTheIcyWave (talk • contribs) 08:50, 28 July 2013 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
Page already existing
I found this page called Netherové cihly, and it is a Czech translation of Nether Brick. However, it is already existing as Nether Brick/cz. Can you delete Netherové cihly? --1234567890Number 20:22, 31 July 2013 (UTC)
Can't Add Link for Minecon Page
I recently edited the Cape section of the Minecon 2013 section on the Minecon page. However, when I went to edit again, I was denied permission to add a link to the page I was referencing. (This Page: http://help.mojang.com/customer/portal/articles/1246918-minecon-2013)
Minecon Page: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/MineCon#2013
- You can always add it on the 5th of August and once you've accumulated 10edits. — t numbermaniac c 21:52, 1 August 2013 (UTC)
Daric Gaersmith on that wiki. — Augur✐⌕ 13:05, 1 August 2013 (UTC)
- If people just want to see their own edit count, they can go to their preferences page. –ultradude25 ᐸ Talk
Contribs – 13:15, 1 August 2013 (UTC)
Odd Behavior by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs • logs • block log)
On Glistering Melon the IP seems to have changed the recipe from nugget to ingots and back a couple of times. It's currently nuggets (correct AFAIK). Only edits from this IP. --Mental Mouse 20:22, 2 August 2013 (UTC)
New user here trying to edit the Hardened Clay page
Hardened Clay has a section under "Obtaining" called "Crafting." As uncolored Hardened Clay can only be obtained by smelting for use as a crafting ingredient, and as the section titled "As a crafting ingredient" gives the exact same information, I felt there was no need for the Crafting sub-section under Obtaining.
However, when I tried to remove the Obtaining/Crafting sub-section, I got a notice saying that as a new user I couldn't do that type of edit and to post here if I thought my edit was constructive. I feel it is, as I was trying to reduce redundancy and avoid confusion. I'd appreciate it if someone could either explain why the redundancy is necessary or edit it out, thanks! --Springacres 04:58, 7 August 2013 (UTC)
- The automated filter disallows new users from removing whole sections. The restriction goes away after your account is 4 days old. — t numbermaniac c 05:19, 7 August 2013 (UTC)
- Fair enough, I can wait that long. Thanks for your prompt reply! --Springacres 06:32, 7 August 2013 (UTC)
126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs • logs • block log)
The section called typical builds contains a build called the murderer.
First of all, the murderer build is in the juggernaut build's section, so could someone move it out?
Second of all, "murderer" a term that is not fitting the build. It is merely a soldier build for a fight, not a ruthless fighter with a personal vendetta against its enemies. Are we to, as a community, paint anyone who uses console command armor and console buffs as well as diamond armor as a "murderer" by using the term on an encyclopedic resource? Could you rename it?
Third of all, the build is merely a fully enchanted build that is illegitimately buffed! In my opinion, there is no reason to make a copy of a previous build (Juggernaut), dump it in the same section, and make it different through third-party software! Could you delete that section's irrelevant portions?
Thank you for hearing me out admins. 188.8.131.52 00:36, 8 August 2013 (UTC)
I need to add a link to my website, oddly enough it works on the Modifications page, but not on the Server Wrappers page. The page itself isn't ready yet, but I was trying to add it for when I upload it in a few minutes. www . mcqtools . net / SpotOn Skylordjason 17:09, 12 August 2013 (UTC)