The Marketplace is a partner program between Microsoft and content creators. The Marketplace is an in-game store, where players can purchase access to skins, textures and worlds from community creators, who in turn will be reimbursed for their creations. Players will use their own currency to purchase Minecraft Coins, which in turn are spent to actually access the content.
Marketplace version history[edit | edit source]
|| This section needs updating. Description: Needs all history information.
- Crater survival spawn by Blockception
- Stranded Sub survival spawn by Imagiverse
- Monster Battle Arena world by Jigarbov
- Dinosaur Island world by PixelHeads
- Updates to Stone Age Texture Pack
- Added textures for all nether blocks
- Added status effect icons for the Status Effect window
- Update 1.2 added a new button if you want to buy 3500 coins for $19.99.
- Before the Minecraft Marketplace was introduced, real money was used to buy the in-game Texture Packs and Skins. When Mojang did it this way, all of the content had to pass certification on every single platform. The Marketplace and Minecraft Coins were introduced to avoid this.
- Before the Marketplace, Google's certification process forbid Mojang to release a piece of content for free and required it to be sold for a minimum price such as $0.01 USD.
- 320 Coins for $1.99
- 1020 Coins for $5.99
- 1720 Coins for $9.99
- 3500 Coins for $19.99